Your Top UFA Targets for Free Agency Monday

The best players at positions of need that they see as both a scheme fit and someone we can afford - while taking into account the amount of money we have available to us and the amount of bodies we need to fill, in conjunction with how many they're planning on getting in the Draft.

This isn't a year where we as fans can focus on specific players and get disappointed if we don't sign them. Especially if they're anything more than mid-tier ticket FA's.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would love to see Curtis Samuel on like a 3 year deal if he could be had for like 8 million a year. He has had his best season under Brady, brings some speed to the offense, is still pretty young at 27, and gives you a vet on the roster next year if you move on from diggs. 

*I would still want a 1st or 2nd rounder receiver as well 

There are much bigger names out there but this is a realistic target I would be very satisfied with

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Sign: Jeremy Chinn

Trade: Courtland Sutton

I think it’s very likely the Bills spend what  money they have on WR & S, while waiting it out on the DL musical chairs. 

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sign: Jeremy Chinn

Trade: Courtland Sutton

I think it’s very likely the Bills spend what  money they have on WR & S, while waiting it out on the DL musical chairs. 

The Bills liked Jeremy Chinn coming out of college.  Plus due to injuries and inconsistency, I think his value won’t be as high as it should be.  He seems like the type of FA the Bills will target

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Likely not first day signings but I like WR Noah Brown, RB AJ Dillon, S K'won Wallace, DE AJE or DE Dorance Armstrong, DT Montravius Adams, CB Levi Wallace. 

I like the tier you're targeting here, and most of the players you've identified. Can/will the Bills afford more than 1 or 2 of them?

**did a little digging on Noah Brown just now. While there is some talent there, and the player has improved in recent years, the relentless injury history and inconsistencies better mean he's CHEAP. And if he's cheap, then it's a justifiable wager. Gotta hit on guys like this every now and then. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Likely not first day signings but I like WR Noah Brown, RB AJ Dillon, S K'won Wallace, DE AJE or DE Dorance Armstrong, DT Montravius Adams, CB Levi Wallace. 

I don't think we can afford Dillion, but he is the exact type of #2 back the Bills need. A power runner who is a good receiver and very good pass blocker. 

I think we could replace AJ Epenesa with Dorance Armstrong, I don't think Armstrong will command huge money since he has limited snaps but in those snaps he had 7.5 sacks. Also if we don't re-sign DT Daquan Jones then Justin Jones of the Chicago Bears would be a decent pickup imo. Probably re-sign CB Dane jackson also. 

Maybe Curtis Samuel? Or (dream scenario) find a way to trade for Brandon Aiyuk since he's on the last year of his contract, wants to get paid soon, and are cap situation will be much better next year if we want to find a way to extend him? Yeah right... wishful thinking, but a man can dream!

Regarding other positions, I'd take Josh Jacobs more than most of the RBs out there. I'm not as sold on Cook being the incumbent starter as much as some people. Outside of the Cowboys game, he was averaging less than 4 ypc almost every other game the 2nd half of the season.

Connor Williams would be a good replacement for Mitch Morse (if we could afford him). He'll be coming off a torn ACL, but he's 26 & was considered a top 3 center when healthy.

I doubt any of these come true given our cap situation, but the cap situation is also why I've barely put much effort into seriously scoping out FA's this year. I'm guessing most of the guys we sign are players I've never heard of or am only vaguely familiar with.

5 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Darnell Savage 

Da'quan Jones 

Hollywood Brown 

I like the idea of Hollywood Brown. But now after Higgins, Pittman, and Evans are off the board - he's probably in that top tier of WR's left available and will most likely be overpaid.

Spotrac estimates him at 15m aav on a 4 year 60m dollar deal. I like him, but I don't like him that much. A little too injury prone for that kind of contract.

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Really big on Noah Brown. I think he fits perfectly as a guy who could provide a very solid option in a Reserve role or put us in decent shape if our Rookie takes a little while to get his sea legs under him and will be in our price range.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

Having had a quick look at the DT class Neville Gallimore is interesting to me. He is more of an Ed Oliver backup option than a 1T to play alongside him. But I quite liked him coming out of Oklahoma. He has had a reasonably disappointing four years as a Cowboy, but there have been some flashes of his penetrative ability as a pass rusher. He is unlikely to get gobbled up early. You can probably sign him for a $1.5-2.5m type deal which wouldn't affect the comp formula. There might still be some untapped ability there.

• Like (+1) 2