Buffalo Gets 4th round comp pick

5 hours ago, LEBills said:

From 2022-2024, each year only 2 third round comp picks have been awarded based on free agent salary. All other third round picks in that timeframe have been awarded for minority HC/Executive hirings.

Kind of looks like rather than third round comp picks being awarded to the top 5% of FA contracts like we were used to, they now cap it at the top 2 with the remainder being filled by the coaching comp picks. This is just a guess, maybe it will be different next year but it’s the third year in a row.

This makes the most sense of any of the possibilities. 

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This. I catch ***** for repeating on here how great the 49ers front office is. No one is close. I’m not saying they only hire minority coordinators just to get them hired elsewhere for comp picks.. but I’m also not saying they don’t do that. They have the best roster in football and they’re LOADED with picks. Don’t forget them fleecing Dallas by getting a 4th rounder for Trey Lance, a guy who will never take a snap for them outside of a Dak injury. O line help, another CB and a DL opposite Bosa is all they need and they’ve got lots of chances in this draft to hit on those spots plus trade up if they want. Not to mention they always make big moves in free agency so I fully expect them to make a big move here before the draft too. There’s a reason they are the favorites to win it all again next season too. 

Yeah, glad they recouped pennies on the dollar with that trade. They botched the most important position in the game multiple times until lucking into Purdy. 

49ers get:

2021 first-round pick (No. 3 overall)

Dolphins get:

2021 first-round pick (No. 12 overall)

2022 first-round pick (No. 29 overall)

2022 third-round pick (No. 101 overall)

2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall)

They’re well run, but they’ve made some massive mistakes too. For as much flack as Beane gets for his Day 2 RB love, you should see the Lynch/Shannahan bungling of Day 2 picks on RB. They’re not great early in the draft all together. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, glad they recouped pennies on the dollar with that trade. They botched the most important position in the game multiple times until lucking into Purdy. 

49ers get:

Dolphins get:

They’re well run, but they’ve made some massive mistakes too. For as much flack as Beane gets for his Day 2 RB love, you should see the Lynch/Shannahan bungling of Day 2 picks on RB. They’re not great early in the draft all together. 

Thanks for this. I think it is really hilarious to praise 49ers front office for Lance trade conveniently forgetting how did they get him in the first place.

They are well run organization but they also make their fair share of bad decisions.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This makes the most sense of any of the possibilities. 

No it doesn't. Because if it does, then Beane would have to be totally incompetent for not knowing that. He clearly counted with the 3rd round pick and if it was like this we had no chance to get one.

There is something really weird going on here. I'll reserve my judgement until Beane says something or we'll find out more in some other way. It all speculation in this thread up to this point.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

49ers get:

Dolphins get:

Normally a miss that bad kills you. They deserve some credit for finding Purdy but there is huge luck in him turning out as he has. 

In the last three drafts worth of day 1 and 2 picks they have got a starting guard, a kicker and a backup pass rusher. That isn't great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Would have liked the third, but the fourth is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a dull stick…, 

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Not having a 3rd round pick in this draft hurts. 

I have a feeling we’ll have one, but it will cost us two picks to get there.   Which is why I said this arbitrary decision by the NFL essentially took away a draft pick from us. 

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did the Niners lose Rice and Montana?  They got FIVE comp picks.

No but they did lose a minority coordinator to a HC position and a starting Quarterback to free agency. That explains their 3rd and their 4th and shouldn't surprise anyone. Some of their later picks do seem to be from teams overpaying former 49ers in free agency at the mid range. 

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

49ers get:

Dolphins get:

I did this topic. When they hit, they hit on All-Pros but they are not so different from us.

• Like (+1) 1