The much much much too early 2024 expectations thread.

Chaos

What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?

• Win Super Bowl
    • Win AFC championship
    • Bow out in the AFC championship game
    • Bow out in the divisional round
    • Miss playoffs or lose in the WC round

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So per this thinking then losing in the playoffs is somehow acceptable?

When does it become unacceptable?

Who says anything about acceptability? That’s a different conversation than expectation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Chaos changed the title to The much much much too early 2024 expectations thread.
1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They literally play the 4 best teams in the NFL, 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, and Ravens. 

I mean you can look at the opponents. Make projections. It’s brutal.

And small comfort I know, but each one of those teams is looking at the same schedule going, crap, we have to play the Bills this year…

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm sorry to be a broken record. We have a top 3 QB. If you expect anything less than the SuperBowl I really don't understand you.

Please anyone that votes anything but SuperBowl win explain?

How can anyone expect something to happen that has never happened?  That's a much better question 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Only on TBD can the Bills lose Hyde, Poyer, White, Morse, Neal, Harty, Sherfield, trade Bates, lose Araiza to the Chiefs and sign Hack, Rapp, and Trubisky and be better than they was with no current replacements or money🤣🤣🤣.  Btw other teams have draft picks too, and most of them have way more cap space including the Chiefs.

I'm pretty sure everyone except Bills fans see this as quite the set back, but carry on daydreaming 

I don’t think the Bills have a worse roster today than they did yesterday.  Literally none of the players they cut are difference makers at this point in their careers.  Beane let the roster, the defense in particular, get old and slow.  I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the defense isn’t just as good by the end of next season as it was at the end of this past season.  There are a lot of ways to succeed in this league, but being old and slow on defense isn’t one of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Billl said:

I don’t think the Bills have a worse roster today than they did yesterday.  Literally none of the players they cut are difference makers at this point in their careers.  Beane let the roster, the defense in particular, get old and slow.  I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the defense isn’t just as good by the end of next season as it was at the end of this past season.  There are a lot of ways to succeed in this league, but being old and slow on defense isn’t one of them.

I'm not disagreeing with the moves that needed to be made, except Morse.  But to think this team is winning a Super Bowl next year loaded with with rookies and new vet minimums is just kind of crazy to me 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

How can anyone expect something to happen that has never happened?  That's a much better question 

We've never had a top 3 QB in the league

Anything short of a Lombardi is failure 

No more moral victories

No more successful seasons just making the playoffs.

People's minds have been poisoned by 17 years of losing. 

When you have Josh Allen you should expect to win the SuperBowl 

8 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I'm not disagreeing with the moves that needed to be made, except Morse.  But to think this team is winning a Super Bowl next year loaded with with rookies and new vet minimums is just kind of crazy to me 

Morse is an average Center at this point in his career.  That’s easily replaceable.  I think a lot of Bills fans are going to be surprised by how much faster the team looks week 1 next season simply by virtue of them being younger.  Hyde, Poyer, White, Miller, Floyd, Jones  You simply can’t have that many players out there who are lacking in athleticism and hope to keep up with elite offenses in the playoffs.

You can teach young players how to be better.  You can’t teach old players to be faster.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Billl said:

Morse is an average Center at this point in his career.  That’s easily replaceable.  I think a lot of Bills fans are going to be surprised by how much faster the team looks week 1 next season simply by virtue of them being younger.  Hyde, Poyer, White, Miller, Floyd, Jones  You simply can’t have that many players out there who are lacking in athleticism and hope to keep up with elite offenses in the playoffs.

You can teach young players how to be better.  You can’t teach old players to be faster.

When did they get old? Just since last season? Why didn't Beane know about the teaching younger faster players strategy before this off season? 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They literally play the 4 best teams in the NFL, 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, and Ravens. 

I mean you can look at the opponents. Make projections. It’s brutal.

Soooo….12-5?

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why didn't Beane know about the teaching younger faster players strategy before this off season? 

He wasn’t convinced when KC won with young players last season. He thought if only they’d do it again he’s sold. lol

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think we have the hardest schedule in the league.

I guess maybe im overrating the Jets. I feel like they’re a top 10 roster. Dolphins also top 10.

Your using last years results to project next season.  I’m going to save this tweet and we’ll all have a nice chuckle next offseason…when someone else will say “brutal schedule in 2025” 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Only on TBD can the Bills lose Hyde, Poyer, White, Morse, Neal, Harty, Sherfield, trade Bates, lose Araiza to the Chiefs and sign Hack, Rapp, and Trubisky and be better than they was with no current replacements or money🤣🤣🤣.  Btw other teams have draft picks too, and most of them have way more cap space including the Chiefs.

I'm pretty sure everyone except Bills fans see this as quite the set back, but carry on daydreaming 

On average, a bit less than 50% of rosters turn over from season to season.   Players come and go all the time.  The success of teams is largely attributable to how they manage the change.   The Bills roster has gotten better year over for the past five years.   I expect we'll like the free agent deals, and we'll like the draft, and by July we won't be looking at any serious roster weaknesses, let alone holes.  

Bills are fine.  If the coaches do their jobs, the Bills will be in the playoffs and will perform well.  

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I saw a podcast yesterday made by a Jets fan talking about yesterday‘s blood leading and how it is giving them the window to winning the AFC East

We cannot allow that to happen

delusional Jets fans.  

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I still don’t see where the Bills took a step back all their cuts where to guys we didn’t expect to be part of the team this year anyway. Maybe Morse but Mitch has concussion issues and was probably one more from calling it quits anyway. 

this. I love those guys, but it was time

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billl said:

knock on wood - compared to last year:

douglas should be better than tre was

Milano has a running partner 

Kincaid should step up big time 

Torrence may also see a jump with a year in the system. 

vonn can’t be worse. 

better offensive coordinator

really, it’s finding WR2 (matching gabe not unlikely, and could improve there) and figuring out the d line. 

safety and center are holes but they are the least intimidating positions to address on their sides of the ball. Just don’t require elite athletes. Center may be filled as I trust kromer, and even if you hate McD I think he’s earned some leash on filling the back end of the defense 

it shouldn’t be scary to think with a couple mid tier free agents and and hitting on the 1st round pick that this 53 on week 1 could be more intimidating than it was last year week 1

Edited by NoSaint

I voted that we'd be out in the divisional round.

It's hard for me to imagine the Bills being much better this season than last with all the roster holes Beane needs to fill.  

But who knows?  Maybe he does.  And maybe Brady, with an offseason to install his offense, turns out to be a lights-out OC.