The much much much too early 2024 expectations thread.

Chaos

What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?

• Win Super Bowl
    • Win AFC championship
    • Bow out in the AFC championship game
    • Bow out in the divisional round
    • Miss playoffs or lose in the WC round

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really. Their ceiling is Super Bowl champion. 

I think that's the correct ceiling.  They have been a preseason favorite to go deep in the playoffs for few years now, and nothing that's happened should change that.  Josh, Diggs, Kincaid, and pretty much the whole offensive line is back.  Defense has to replace a safety, a corner, and reshuffle the D line, with the best dlinemen, other than Jones, coming back. And Milano is coming back.  There's no reason that we should expect the defense to be worse.  

Ceiling is high.  Everyone has a lot of work to do. 

Only on TBD can the Bills lose Hyde, Poyer, White, Morse, Neal, Harty, Sherfield, trade Bates, lose Araiza to the Chiefs and sign Hack, Rapp, and Trubisky and be better than they was with no current replacements or money🤣🤣🤣.  Btw other teams have draft picks too, and most of them have way more cap space including the Chiefs.

I'm pretty sure everyone except Bills fans see this as quite the set back, but carry on daydreaming 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Peter said:

McD told everyone we are winning the Super Bowl. Didn't he say it is not a question of if but when?

"When" includes forever.  This is a fairly clever expectation setting question.  Literally impossible to fall short of, unless the NFL or Bills go out of business before forever. 

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

pretty much the whole offensive line is back

Center and guard positions are both changing. I though McGovern was a good guard. But he is not a known factor at Center.  By the way I agree  with cutting Morse. 

It's about injuries, how many, to who and timing of them during the season.

If the Bills could get plucky one season with limited injuries to starting players, the talent they've had or may have this year. They're in business. Superbowl appearance a minimum. 🤞

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm sorry to be a broken record. We have a top 3 QB. If you expect anything less than the SuperBowl I really don't understand you.

Please anyone that votes anything but SuperBowl win explain?

I want to make a millions this year, but I expect to make much less. While I don't disagree with any of the moves they have made this offseason, I have no reason to billieve McDermott will coach a team to a Super Bowl.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

My personal opinion is that all sports franchise gms and coaches spend a considerable amount of effort to manage expectations. Thier key to personal success is not winning championships, the key to success is beating expectations.  The lower one can set the expecations, the more likely one is to succeed. 

Another personal opinion is that the Bills organization is masterful at managing expectations.  One pillar of that strategy is "we were so awful in the past, that any appearance of competence oughta be satisfactory to the fans in the cheap seat". 

Fans love activity in the offseason. We have been treated to a lot of activity this week.   

The consensus opinion about every decision seems to be "this is great" and "this had to be done".   
So I polling at this point, what does it all mean for 2024?

I think we are going to be better than a wild card loser but not likely a Super Bowl team

injury or dumb luck of how a ball bounces could effect that but generally top 8 but not top 2

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I'm sorry to be a broken record. We have a top 3 QB. If you expect anything less than the SuperBowl I really don't understand you.

Based on their history winning the superbowl is a goal not an expectation. 

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think you are  confusing with "what i will consider successful" with "what I actually expect"

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I want to make a millions this year, but I expect to make much less. While I don't disagree with any of the moves they have made this offseason, I have no reason to billieve McDermott will coach a team to a Super Bowl.

Do you have the talent to make millions? 

Allen has the talent to win the SuperBowl!

Agree he will have to overcome McDermott though

50 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think that's the correct ceiling.  They have been a preseason favorite to go deep in the playoffs for few years now, and nothing that's happened should change that.

Either the team has vastly underperformed or the media don’t know what they’re talking about. I’m leaning towards the latter. 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

My personal opinion is that all sports franchise gms and coaches spend a considerable amount of effort to manage expectations. Thier key to personal success is not winning championships, the key to success is beating expectations.  The lower one can set the expecations, the more likely one is to succeed. 

Another personal opinion is that the Bills organization is masterful at managing expectations.  One pillar of that strategy is "we were so awful in the past, that any appearance of competence oughta be satisfactory to the fans in the cheap seat". 

Fans love activity in the offseason. We have been treated to a lot of activity this week.   

The consensus opinion about every decision seems to be "this is great" and "this had to be done".   
So I polling at this point, what does it all mean for 2024?

Superbowl