The much much much too early 2024 expectations thread.

Chaos

What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect Bills 2024 results to be?

• Win Super Bowl
    • Win AFC championship
    • Bow out in the AFC championship game
    • Bow out in the divisional round
    • Miss playoffs or lose in the WC round

My personal opinion is that all sports franchise gms and coaches spend a considerable amount of effort to manage expectations. Thier key to personal success is not winning championships, the key to success is beating expectations.  The lower one can set the expecations, the more likely one is to succeed. 

Another personal opinion is that the Bills organization is masterful at managing expectations.  One pillar of that strategy is "we were so awful in the past, that any appearance of competence oughta be satisfactory to the fans in the cheap seat". 

Fans love activity in the offseason. We have been treated to a lot of activity this week.   

The consensus opinion about every decision seems to be "this is great" and "this had to be done".   
So I polling at this point, what does it all mean for 2024?

Edited by Chaos

It means we have FA and a draft to go through before anyone can set any kind or realistic expectations for the 2024 Buffalo Bills. The HOPE is a Super Bowl win, of course. But hope and expectations are 2 vastly different things.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think the Bills are satisfied, resting on their laurels, or trying to sell a bill of goods based on how bad they were during the drought.  While not everyone on this board will agree with every decision they make, or how they go about it, I don't doubt that the Bills organization is trying to do what they think is necessary to get the team to a championship.  Some decisions work out and some don't.  They paid Von Miller a boatload of cash as they thought he was the missing piece to getting sufficient pressure on QBs (Mahomes in particular) in big games.  Then he tore up his knee and he has not been the same player (yet).  Overall, it has not worked out, but it's a move that's reflective of the team's desire to get a championship.  Cleaning up a bad cap situation is also something they have to do in order to get better, even if it means taking a step back to go two steps forward.

• Like (+1) 4

We’re going to win it all!

• Like (+1) 7

Obviously, everything depends on health.

But I love the core of this team.  I think w/ Brady being able to fully implement his own offense, JA w/ Kincaid in his 2nd year, Diggs healthier, Shakir really emerging, Cook & what will likely be a 1st round WR will put up a lot of points.  

On defense, we'll have to see how it goes - more guys are being replaced there.  But younger & faster might be better in '24.

I don't feel like there is much chance that we won't win the division again.  From there, all we can is hope we're a little healthier than this past season, and that we get hot at the right time.

I voted "win SB."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't have expectations, beyond that the Bills will be good and in the playoffs.  I think that's the team they are - this team will be good so long as owner-GM-HC stay together.  How much more they will be, I have no expectations.  If it comes together well, they can win the Super Bowl.  If it doesn't, well, they'll fall short.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I expect the Bills to be a contender and to have another shot at a championship.

Remember: Expectations - Reality =  Dissappintment.

Keep your unrealistic expectations in check and you'll enjoy your fandom much more. You can hope and believe that a championship is possible, but to EXPECT one is just foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It is. You can’t predict injuries but they have one of the hardest schedules I’ve ever seen.

BS…People said the same last year.  And the year before.  And the year before that.

We don’t even know the full rosters yet or how teams will perform and you’re already annoying this the “hardest schedule ever.”

Peak offseason overreaction 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

BS…People said the same last year.  And the year before.  And the year before that.

We don’t even know the full rosters yet or how teams will perform and you’re already annoying this the “hardest schedule ever.”

Peak offseason overreaction 

They literally play the 4 best teams in the NFL, 49ers, Chiefs, Lions, and Ravens. 

I mean you can look at the opponents. Make projections. It’s brutal.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede