The free agent safety market is unbelievable

I’ve never seen anything like it for one position… And this year there is 2 that has a wealth of All-Pro talent at the same time…

What a year to be in the market for a running back or safety. 

Too many older guys who had big contracts.  The safety market is gonna take a hit value wise this offseason.

Beane needs to just sit back and wait.  There will be somone we can get on that list after the draft or even after June 1st.

• Agree 3

Nothing really tickles my fancy on this list.  The good ones (McKinney. Simmons, Savage) we won’t be able to afford anyway.   Chinn wouldn’t be a bad pick up on a prove it or lose it deal.

Edited by bills6969
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I’ve never seen anything like it for one position… And this year there is 2 that has a wealth of All-Pro talent at the same time…

What a year to be in the market for a running back or safety. 

Running Back market this year might rival it.  

Are any of these guys better than Rapp? Honest question as I don't know much about many of the names. Most seem old and on their final legs

Have to figure there are a few that would have been just as good and maybe cheaper. But Rapp knows the system now. 

I'd add another cheap veteran age 25-28 and draft another. 

It's not a big list if you remove players 29 and older and then of that remaining pool, you remove the injury prone - less than 75% games over two seasons.

IMO, that's the realistic baseline pool of FA the Bills should be looking at.  You factor in performance and salary wants with that pool of players.

• Agree 1

Its deep for what we need.  I dont think we are shelling out big deals for a young safety - we likely will take the vet option for a 1-2 year deal, maybe draft a safety as well.  There's lots of opportunity to pull a leonard Floyd deal for a vet safety this year

• Like (+1) 1

Bills clearly tell us they want to get younger and cheaper.

::Here’s a big list of overpaid aging Safeties::

Not knocking the OP.. it is a crazy list of names for one position.. but based on the vibe from our FO, there aren’t many names here we should be interested in… and thank goodness for that.

Im open to a young safety like Chinn on a team friendly deal, but hard pass on anyone approaching 30. 

My hope is Rapp deal has no guarantees so we locked him up as a back up plan. If they can sign guys off this list then you cut Rapp unless the deal is incentive based meaning if he is not your starter he is only making $1.5-2M. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

My hope is Rapp deal has no guarantees so we locked him up as a back up plan. If they can sign guys off this list then you cut Rapp unless the deal is incentive based meaning if he is not your starter he is only making $1.5-2M. 

Do we have details on that contract yet? Total head scratcher yesterday. He's not a starting safety imo. Perhaps a big nickel. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.