Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

Of all these cuts, Morse is probably the biggest loss. Everyone else was not a big impact player. Poyer was good last year but his production is probably replaceable. I kinda like it. Get some fresh blood in here and win a Damm superbowl 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Steptide said:

Of all these cuts, Morse is probably the biggest loss. Everyone else was not a big impact player. Poyer was good last year but his production is probably replaceable. I kinda like it. Get some fresh blood in here and win a Damm superbowl 

Yup.  Lots of casuals from other teams on Twitter/X gloating over our roster cuts, but the only guy anyone is really worried about replacing is Mitch Morse. 

We may be the youngest team in the league come September.

This is a soft rebuild - but I don't think that takes us out of contention this year.  Health is going to be even more important than usual if we want to make a run at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Just checked,they seem to be keeping up in real time. But...I don't see how the moves today get us from 42 over to just 19 over.  Something has to have happened we haven't heard about yet?

Tre White $10 million doesn’t kick in until June 1st. Draft picks cost about $11 million if we keep all of them, so that’s a wash.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Someone has to explain how Von survives these cuts

You lose more cap space by cutting him then keeping him, plus started to look spry at the end of the season so some hope of a bounce back

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Did Von Miller donate last years salary to help with the cap?

I think if he asks them to send this years money via paypal and mark it as a GIFT it wont count.

I got this info from a backwards hat guy with a youtube channel who watches film.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Success said:

We may be the youngest team in the league come September.

This is a soft rebuild - but I don't think that takes us out of contention this year.  Health is going to be even more important than usual if we want to make a run at the end.

I don't think it's bad honestly.  We needed to do it, and as long as we have Josh we are ok

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Hate the human side of it but today's cuts make me super happy, it will facilitate the team getting healthy cap wise moving forward.  They need to get younger and get rid of some of the big contracts.

I agree and I think Beane finally sees this and is making the bold rebuild that was necessary. Too bad Von didn't get suspended,  voiding that contract. 

• Like (+1) 1