Is trading Milano something Bills should consider?

With the emergence of Bernard, Dodson, Williams and Spector; and considering other holes to fill and limited cap space, does it make any sense to consider seeking a high pick for Milano?

I love Milano’s playing style and impact, it’s just interesting to think about what he could fetch in a trade/shedding his cap hit, and using a high pick in a loaded draft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 13
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 3
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 10

Nope.

Totally ignoring the money, it still doesn't make sense. But with the massive dead money hit this would cause it makes even less.

Spotrac has the first potential out year as the offseason after 2025.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

No. Dodson is a free agent, Spector is a backup and I don't know we have seen enough from Williams yet to say he can definitely play. I'm actually looking forward to a year of Bernard and Milano. That feels like a playmaking combo to me. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

we have a great player in Milano and there is not enough value in trading him. if he were a malcontent or distraction perhaps things owuld be different but there is no reason to beileve that he cannot be a part of this team going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No. Dodson is a free agent, Spector is a backup and I don't know we have seen enough from Williams yet to say he can definitely play. I'm actually looking forward to a year of Bernard and Milano. That feels like a playmaking combo to me. 

For sure. They looked to be becoming a wrecking crew before Milano went down. Now that Bernard has a full year under his belt… I want to see the damage they can do to opposing offenses. Hopefully Beane can take care of DT well, so the two can stay clean and play fast next season. 

There is no shedding his cap hit by trading. They extended his contract last year in order to reduce huis cap hit last year. You know how that works? By taking money paid to him last year and prorating it over future years. Trading accelerates all that prorated cap to this year.

In other words, keeping him costs us $12.4 million against the cap. Trading him costs us $25.2 million against the cap. Trading him would result in us losing $12.5 million in cap space, plus we wouldn't have him on the team anymore, so his replacement on the roster would cost us that much more. 

Next.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Nope. Not to mention that nobody would want an often injured LB who’s going to be 30 at the start of the season. Don’t care how good he is, you aren’t getting a team to trade for him. At least not enough for it to be worth it on our end. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All I Need is Hope said:

With the emergence of Bernard, Dodson, Williams and Spector; and considering other holes to fill and limited cap space, does it make any sense to consider seeking a high pick for Milano?

I love Milano’s playing style and impact, it’s just interesting to think about what he could fetch in a trade/shedding his cap hit, and using a high pick in a loaded draft.

all hope is lost idk GIF by Sorority Noise