NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

He may need to out manuever other teams. Especially in the first 3 rounds

They're all going to be gone by the 3rd round. After watching today, we won't have the luxury to wait till the 4th round to get our 2nd wr.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Keon is just too risky for me. Feels like a boom or Kelvin Benjamin as a Bill type player

The good news here is it's pretty much a guarantee that we'll get one of Brian Thomas Jr., AD Mitchell, Xavier Legette, or Xavier Worthy and there's reason to be excited about all of them.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I think if John Ross didn’t get derailed by injuries he could have had a reasonable career.

Yeh he is absolute lightening out there but if you watch his Texas tape he gets the drops and after the chiefs game I can’t take open receivers who drop the ball anymore. 

I think realistically at 28 if they stay and don’t  trade up

Brian Thomas and Adoni Mitchell  seem like they will be out of reach now after their 40s today.

So it will most likely come down to Worthy, Mcconkey, Legette, Coleman, and possible Troy Franklin.

Of those I prefer Franklin but Ladd Mcconkey can play.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Keon is just too risky for me. Feels like a boom or Kelvin Benjamin as a Bill type player

I like Keon, think he's very similar to Pickens talent.  But Worthy has been my top choice for a while, reminds me of DeSean/Zay Flowers.

Keon lacks some of the route running crispness, but he's way more fluid than Gabe.

Ideally, we see us selecting Worthy.   If he's gone, I wouldn't mind trading back to top of 2nd round (1st few picks)...Keon "might" be there still OR plenty of other very solid options.

We need to get 3 immediate impact players (starters/high level depth) at WR, DL, and S from this draft. Be nice to double down on WR (4th round, or if we tradeback possibly in 3rd), get younger in secondary and a RB2 late.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They're all going to be gone by the 3rd round. After watching today, we won't have the luxury to wait till the 4th round to get our 2nd wr.

These guys are all going to go higher than expected.   If the Bills don't get one of the better prospects by R2,  they're not going to,  and even that may be a stretch.  

6 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

RB 40 yard times:

Emani Bailey: 4.67, 4.61

Trey Benson: 4.39, X

Blake Corum: 4.53, 4.58

Isaiah Davis: 4.59, 4.58

Ray Davis: 4.53, 4.58

Audric Estime: 4.72, 4.72

Isaac Guerendo: 4.33, X

George Holani: 4.52, 4.53

Bucky Irving: 4.56, 4.58

Dillon Johnson: 4.68, 4.76

Jawhar Jordan: 4.56, 4.6

Dylan Laube: 4.57, 4.54

MarShawn Lloyd: 4.46, X

Kendall Milton: 4.62, 4.66

Keilan Robinson: 4.42, 4.43

Cody Schrader: 4.61, 4.69

Jaden Shirden: 4.46, 4.46

Tyrone Tracy Jr: 4.49, 4.51

Kimani Vidal: 4.47, 4.46

Michael Wiley: 4.56, 4.52

Jaylen Wright: 4.44, 4.38

Side Note: Frank Gore Jr has met with the Bills and Dolphins. not running the 40 today.

Something wrong with these times. Jawhar Jordan does not look nearly that slow on tape. 

47 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

No thank you on Worthy at 28.  I think there is a reason Worthy wouldn’t do the field drills.

Because he ran a 4.21.  His worked out is over.  Nothing more needs to be done on the field.  The speed and age of breakout makes Worthy a very rare and elite prospect. 

• Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Trust The Process said:

I want us to draft a receiver who's a threat to score on any given play which is why I'm intrigued with Worthy.

His speed makes him a threat on every play... but the reality is he scored only 5tds on 75 rec this past season.

Franklin for example scored 14 times on 81 catches. 

Straight line speed doesn't necessarily convey or take the place of great route running, deceptive breaks, elusive moves in space, etc.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I feel like Worthy running that fast makes me not want him based on historical data

Moss and Hill didnt have recorded times either.  With Kincaid, Diggs, Cook and Shakir the short and intermediate game is covered.  His speed is too rare to pass up.

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

His speed makes him a threat on every play... but the reality is he scored only 5tds on 75 rec this past season.

Straight line speed doesn't necessarily convey or take the place of great route running, deceptive breaks, elusive moves in space, etc.

Did you watch him play or are you just going by statistics? Just have a look at a few Longhorn games.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrW said:

Did you watch him play or are you just going by statistics? Just have a look at a few Longhorn games.

I have seen a few of his games.

Once again, I am not advocating for or against, I am merely pointing out that for a guy who, as you say, is a threat to score on every play......he only scored 5 tds on 75 catches last season. Stats never tell the whole story, but watching more of his tape won't change those numbers... 

They are in the books, people can make of it whatever they like.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Nix is alot better qb than Ewers. As a Freshman Worthy scored 12 tds on 60 catches.  

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I'd argue Franklin had a much better QB, IMO.  Worthy is plenty elusive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1