NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

5 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Marquise Goodwin was fast

Marquise Goodwin never had more than 33 catches in a season in college.  Worthy never had a season with fewer than 60.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brandon said:

Marquise Goodwin never had more than 33 catches in a season in college.  Worthy never had a season with fewer than 60.  

John Ross had 81 catches for 1100 yards and 17 TD's his senior year.

I don't like Worthy's build, too slight- especially in the legs

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone questioning Worthy should check out some highlights.  Yes highlights, but the guy has elite level speed and acceleration/ability to create YAC.  

He would instantly draw a safety over the top on his side, wouldn't be taken away 1-1 like Gabe disappeared.

He's the exact fit we need on offense, and boost us to elite level playmakers.  Kincaid, Shakir, Knox in the middle of field and Diggs/Worthy outside is a very balanced group of skill players.  Then Cook, a new RB2, and Josh running.  Will be difficult to stop that offense.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My general feeling of the Combine today is Brian Thomas Jr. solidified his stock, Xavier Worthy, AD Mitchell, and Xavier Legette improved to greatly improved their stock, Troy Franklin and Keon Coleman hurt their stock. 

Add Ladd McConkey and Ricky Pearsall to the improved stock list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Anyone questioning Worthy should check out some highlights.  Yes highlights, but the guy has elite level speed and acceleration/ability to create YAC.  

He would instantly draw a safety over the top on his side, wouldn't be taken away 1-1 like Gabe disappeared.

He's the exact fit we need on offense, and boost us to elite level playmakers.  Kincaid, Shakir, Knox in the middle of field and Diggs/Worthy outside is a very balanced group of skill players.  Then Cook, a new RB2, and Josh running.  Will be difficult to stop that offense.

If he can get off press

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

If he can get off press

This is said about every 'slight' WR, but there many exceptions.  Ppl said the same about Zay and Addison last year. Devontae Smith few years ago.

Some guys have skills that translate very well to the NFL, IMO Worthy is that guy

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think you need to pair him with a big X. If that is your only play in the draft, I disagree with the strategy. I don't know if Beane has it in him to find a way to make that happen, but there is enough quality in this draft to make it happen. Having a player who gives Josh that option though, who scares a defense the way teams have to constantly be aware of Tyreek Hill, I like that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think you need to pair him with a big X. If that is your only play in the draft, I disagree with the strategy. I don't know if Beane has it in him to find a way to make that happen, but there is enough quality in this draft to make it happen. Having a player who gives Josh that option though, who scares a defense the way teams have to constantly be aware of Tyreek Hill, I like that.

at 28 hope they are there and take 1 of Worthy / Legette / Mitchell

Then maybe 1 of the 3  gets to round 2 and trade up for him

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's wonderful for them. But neither fit what we're looking for.

I understand that, but the Bills may not be able to get a big outside receiver with speed.  Legette showed out, but I thought that Franklin had a rough day except for his 40.  I wasn’t saying to pick either McConkey or Pearsall for the Bills, just saying they improved their stock today.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't think a big X is necessary, just a creative offense that's going to move him around and be used at all 3 levels of thr pass game.  His speed/acceleration best used with some formation/alignment and using him in motion (ie: Hill/Waddle).

Icing on cake is he's also a top tier PR.  Risk is his size, but If I were Beane I'd double down at WR (4th round) with a size guy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I understand that, but the Bills may not be able to get a big outside receiver with speed.  Legette showed out, but I thought that Franklin had a rough day except for his 40.  I wasn’t saying to pick either McConkey or Pearsall for the Bills, just saying they improved their stock today.

There's an extremely small chance that we can't get one of Brian Thomas Jr., Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, or Xavier Legette. 

7 WR's aren't going to go off the board between 1 and when we pick. There's far too many talented players at other positions and teams that have WR covered and need other things.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Worthy 4.21 official….its a new record 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Worthy official time now 4.21

Fastest man in the history of the combine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I don't think a big X is necessary, just a creative offense that's going to move him around and be used at all 3 levels of thr pass game.  His speed/acceleration best used with some formation/alignment and using him in motion (ie: Hill/Waddle).

Icing on cake is he's also a top tier PR.  Risk is his size, but If I were Beane I'd double down at WR (4th round) with a size guy.

I won't hate it if that's the way they go. I just prefer the big X early, and I think there are players that merit selection at #28. If you go Worthy there, I personally want to get the X in the second or third. I'm going to wait and see how the dust settles after the Combine and free agency. It's easy to get super enthused in the moment, but right now, that doesn't seem impossible. Folks who worry about the D won't like it, but I really think this might be a unique year where opportunity and Josh Allen equals rolling the dice. I think there is enough depth at DT and quality midround safeties to make that risk something you could contemplate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Move over Darrius Heyward-Bey!

This might be sad but in enjoyed watching that Raiders team when they had Campbell/Palmer throwing to DHB and the crew 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.