NFL Scouting Combine 2024

KingBoots8

7 minutes ago, LEBills said:

https://atozsports.com/nashville/alabama-wr-jermaine-burton-with-female-fan-end-of-tennessee/

And Jerry and Brenden don’t have a great relationship so don’t know if that would happen lol

I think Jerry was at the Senior Bowl but not sure if that was to watch him or networking or whatever (I actually have no idea if Jerry works for the media or anything lol)

13 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

When do the receivers start?

They're currently doing the vert and broad jumps but it isn't being shown on TV. I'll list some of the measurements for the notable guys below, but here's a link for the vert and broad:

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/vertical-jump/wr/all-colleges/

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/broad-jump/wr/all-colleges/

Verts:

• Xavier Legette - 40"
  • Adonai Mitchell - 39.5"
  • Troy Franklin - 39"
  • Jermaine Burton - 38.5"
  • Keon Coleman - 38"
  • Jalen McMillan - 37"
  • Javon Baker - 37"
  • Jacob Cowing - 36"
  • Ladd McConkey - 36"

Broad:

• Adonai Mitchell - 11'4"
  • Jermaine Burton - 11'1"
  • Keon Coleman - 10'7"
  • Jalen McMillan - 10'7"
  • Xavier Legette - 10'6"
  • Troy Franklin - 10'4"
  • Ladd McConkey - 10'4"
  • Javon Baker - 10'1"
  • Jacob Cowing - 9'11"
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

They're currently doing the vert but it isn't being shown on TV.

• Jalen Coker (Holy Cross) - 42.5"
  • Ryan Flournoy (SE Missouri St.) - 39.5"
  • Troy Franklin (Oregon) - 39"
  • Jermaine Burton (Alabama) - 38.5"
  • Keon Coleman (Florida St.) - 38"
  • Javon Baker (UCF) - 37"
  • Jacob Cowing (Arizona) - 36"

Baker is so interesting. Metrics wise he is good against man and zone coverage. His jump ball ability is really good as he can jump well off both the left or right foot - Brad Steven used to tell a story he knew Gordon Hayward could be a good basketball player because he could jump will with both his left and right foot leading and Baker have that same awesome jumping ability. But a 10+% drop rate in back to back seasons is tough (thank you for your spreadsheet with that data btw)

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Baker is so interesting. Metrics wise he is good against man and zone coverage. His jump ball ability is really good as he can jump well off both the left or right foot - Brad Steven used to tell a story he knew Gordon Hayward could be a good basketball player because he could jump will with both his left and right foot leading and Baker have that same awesome jumping ability. But a 10+% drop rate in back to back seasons is tough (thank you for your spreadsheet with that data btw)

He reminds me so much of a young Stef on tape. He just always seems to separate. He isn't super fast but he understands the nuances of route running and coverage and he gets open. Agree though the drops are concerning. I have a high 3 on him. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I would say I think he's gonna be a steal but I think everyone is on to him. I thought a 4th round steal now I'm thinking he may go late second. 

28 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They're currently doing the vert and broad jumps but it isn't being shown on TV. I'll list some of the measurements for the notable guys below, but here's a link for the vert and broad:

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/vertical-jump/wr/all-colleges/

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/broad-jump/wr/all-colleges/

Verts:

• Xavier Legette - 40"
  • Adonai Mitchell - 39.5"
  • Troy Franklin - 39"
  • Jermaine Burton - 38.5"
  • Keon Coleman - 38"
  • Jalen McMillan - 37"
  • Javon Baker - 37"
  • Jacob Cowing - 36"
  • Ladd McConkey - 36"

Broad:

• Adonai Mitchell - 11'4"
  • Jermaine Burton - 11'1"
  • Keon Coleman - 10'7"
  • Jalen McMillan - 10'7"
  • Xavier Legette - 10'6"
  • Troy Franklin - 10'4"
  • Ladd McConkey - 10'4"
  • Javon Baker - 10'1"
  • Jacob Cowing - 9'11"

AD Mitchell!  Can he run a sub 4.4?!

Legette too! 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love that this thread serves as a one stop shopping kind of place for opinions and chat regarding the combine

I had a chat acquaintance once who was NFL affilliated who used to call the Combine "The Underwear Olympics"

lol it always stuck with me . Great visual. all the stats and such are Bonus. 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Is Malachi Corley at the combine?

He was supposed to be. I know he skipped the measurements but not sure if he's skipping athletic testing/drills too. He did measure at 5'10.5" and 215 at the Senior Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

AD Mitchell!  Can he run a sub 4.4?!

Legette too! 

AD Mitchell is so intriguing Coleman as well Colman may need a year then be a top guy.

Any word on qb hand sizes? 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

AD Mitchell is so intriguing Coleman as well Colman may need a year then be a top guy.

Any word on qb hand sizes? 🤣🤣🤣

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbgXALH2Ld6TqvXCiBZC7dWnoN2s8J5-2OrpZUOl1HA/edit?pli=1#gid=1531643954

Hand sizes are included in this spreadsheet. JJ McCarthy had the smallest at 9". Drake Maye was 9.125". Penix had the largest hands at 10.5".

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pbgXALH2Ld6TqvXCiBZC7dWnoN2s8J5-2OrpZUOl1HA/edit?pli=1#gid=1531643954

Hand sizes are included in this spreadsheet. JJ McCarthy had the smallest at 9". Drake Maye was 9.125". Penix had the largest hands at 10.5".

You are too on top of this. Respect 

There is joke in there somewhere with Penix at 10.25 but I just can't quite figure it out.

Edited by Whkfc

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He reminds me so much of a young Stef on tape. He just always seems to separate. He isn't super fast but he understands the nuances of route running and coverage and he gets open. Agree though the drops are concerning. I have a high 3 on him. 

I like Baker, but would 60 be too high?  I suspect so, but he won’t be available at 99.

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Wow Coleman just plummeted from a mid 1st to a third rounder!

No he didn’t haha he’s a 2nd round guy even with that time. He’s almost 6’4 215 pounds he has like 20 to 40 pounds on most of these guys of course he’s going to run slower 

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Wow Coleman just plummeted from a mid 1st to a third rounder!

I think that’s too extreme, but 4.64 isn’t surprising from his game tape and it doesn’t help for sure.

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Franklin with a 4.41 isn't bad at all. For some reason I thought he was taller though. 

Basically, 6’2” is plenty tall, but 176lbs - ouch.

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

No he didn’t haha he’s a 2nd round guy even with that time. He’s almost 6’4 215 pounds he has like 20 to 40 pounds on most of these guys of course he’s going to run slower 

I never had Coleman at #28 as a target. Thomas, Mitchell, Franklin, and Legette are the fellas I like. 

I counted Thomas as likely gone, but I was hoping for Mitchell. Now I think you may need to trade up for either.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Glad Coleman had a slower 40 time.  Increases the changes he falls to us in 1st.

Franklin is a string bean.  Needs to put on some serious weight

DeVonta Smith is 170lbs. He's pretty good. Pass on Coleman. 

Just now, Dr. Who said:

I never had Coleman at #28 as a target. Thomas, Mitchell, Franklin, and Legette are the fellas I like. 

I counted Thomas as likely gone, but I was hoping for Mitchell. Now I think you may need to trade up for 

If anything it just goes to show what flavor of WR do you want. I thought Franklin was the best fit but he came in extremely light and 2 inches shorter.     I’m interested to see what Mitchell runs because I do think the Bills would prefer a bigger guy if possible 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

4.47 in the neighborhood of what I thought Legette would run.  I never thought 4.3 range.

Sheesh - Mitchell is FAR faster than I thought.  That has to put him in 1st round consideration.  I did not think he was that fast from the games I watched.

Edited by OldTimer1960