Intrigue Builds Over Eagles' 2023 Late Season Collapse

stuvian

So one guy comes out and says there’s drama so that must be true? I’m not saying it can’t be true, but what if Schefter is right? If it turns out to not be true, what are the repercussions for this dude stating wild accusations? Probably nothing because these guys aren’t held to any standards any more.

can’t it just be the team was figured out fell apart? That their first year (who they replaced) just wasn’t very good? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/sports/mysterious-eagles-report-leads-to-adam-schefter-craig-carton-drama/

It's starting to sound like a TO - McNabb level feud with the possibility of someone canoodling with someone else's wife or girlfriend

Always liked a good canoodling, 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

But they got that illegal tush push going for them.

I don't think the league needs to ban it. I think they need to enforce several rules it's breaking. They start in a rocking motion. The lineup on the LOS is cheated. Kelce did some ball tricks as he snapped it which he would move before snapping the ball.  They would lock together as the OL and commit numerous holding infractions that were ignored.

Anytime these players are pushing anyone they are generally committing holding penalties. This is a reason that pulling a player was an issue beyond safety.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So one guy comes out and says there’s drama so that must be true? I’m not saying it can’t be true, but what if Schefter is right? If it turns out to not be true, what are the repercussions for this dude stating wild accusations? Probably nothing because these guys aren’t held to any standards any more.

can’t it just be the team was figured out fell apart? That their first year (who they replaced) just wasn’t very good? 

He didn't say anything too wild, unless I missed something. Eagles players came out themselves at the end of the year saying there was locker room drama.

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There's the difference in franchises.  Big Dom keeps the Eagles on an even keel, Gettleman chased Giants players around, nagging them over their meal plans.

image.thumb.jpeg.4f01f28662432cbf34c3f1a8744e2ab5.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

https://nypost.com/2024/02/21/sports/mysterious-eagles-report-leads-to-adam-schefter-craig-carton-drama/

It's starting to sound like a TO - McNabb level feud with the possibility of someone canoodling with someone else's wife or girlfriend

“And the text back, the quote was, ‘None of that S word happened.’ And that’s what qualifies as a report; you can just go say whatever you want, and it gets clicks, and people care about it.

Sounds like modern media.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Allen, Mahomes making playoffs and winning their divisions every year is simply not the norm, even for very good QBs.

Hurts is a very good QB at times, but he’s going to have up and down seasons because he’s not Allen or Mahomes, he can’t take over a game and make up for others mistakes or even his own mistakes.

He became overvalued and now those same people who propped him up are surprised, I’m not surprised at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Malazan said:

The world was a better place when Craig Carton was in Jail.

Yes but WFAN forgives him for all the scandals which generated ratings.  

Glad he is not working for WGR anymore.

He is fungible with a pile of dung being used as a sex toy.

The truth is the Eagles did not look great most of the season and got extremely lucky in several of their wins...MVS drops a wide open winning TD most likely against the Chiefs. Davis/Allen not on the same page on winning OT TD....a few other games I cannot remember now...but the point is, that team easily could have been 6-4 instead of 10-0.

If anything, they just regressed to the mean over the last part of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.