Former coach sues Toronto Argonauts, QB Chad Kelly for wrongful termination, harassment

On 2/22/2024 at 6:21 PM, FitzShowUsYourTitz said:

If your old enough, you’re likely to think: like uncle like nephew.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:41 PM, T master said:

And the worst part of it all is that Jim will get flack or questions just because his nephew is a DA ...

On 2/22/2024 at 7:24 PM, FireChans said:

Jim ain’t getting flack for this. He’s 64 years old. His nephew is about to be 30.

On 2/23/2024 at 5:11 AM, T master said:

He may not get flack for it from the networks like ESPN but you can sure bet he gets the questions of WTH is your nephew thinking, or when ever he's around friends that know him & his family instead of just normal conversation it will or can gravitate to his nephews stupidity .

So many (rhetorical) questions:

• Will polite friends even bring this up in conversation?
  • To what degree will Jimbo get asked about this in his daily conversations?
  • Will some friends and acquaintances actually go so far as to give him "flack" for this?

Then separately:

• Does Jimbo feel any responsibility for the person his nephew has become?
  • Should Jimbo feel any responsibility for the person his nephew has become?
  • How many of you are uncles or significant elders to a younger person?
  • How much responsibility do you feel for how that younger person has turned out?

On 2/23/2024 at 8:54 AM, hondo in seattle said:

I've seen wrongful accusations in the past.  We all have.  I'm not making a snap judgment.  

I also try not rushing to judgement but my first reaction is not that there's been "wrongful accusations in the past."

My first reaction is that "Chad Kelly has a terrible track record and it's really hard to give him any benefit of the doubt."

BTW I see now that the Argos have suspended him for the preseason and half the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

Kelly had a great season last year.  I bet the hope was he finally got his act together.  I guess not.  League wouldn’t suspend him unless the evidence was too strong.  

Not sure a NFL team was looking for a 30 year old with the issues this kid had. Pretty sure any hope of the NFL is done now.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

• Will some friends and acquaintances actually go so far as to give him "flack" for this?

Then separately:

• How much responsibility do you feel for how that younger person has turned out?

Here are some answers to your rhetorical questions.

No.

Never.

No.

No.

No.

Not me.

None.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/23/2024 at 11:41 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Yea unfortunately you aren't going to get a fair shake in football if you look like that. Lots of testosterone flowing in those locker rooms. It's unfortunate but if you want to be a football coach you need to be ugly. Nobody deserves that treatment, just sayin' I can imagine she will have similar issues anywhere. She should sue for more and go into another profession. Again, not fair or warranted but she's going to have a tough time.

Great message there.  "Hey ladies, forget about doing what you're passionate about because men can't control themselves and 'it is what it is.'  Sorry, sugar britches."

Good lord.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Great message there.  "Hey ladies, forget about doing what you're passionate about because men can't control themselves and 'it is what it is.'  Sorry, sugar britches."

Good lord.

And your message is what? Pretend like it's not going to happen?

Some of you live in a fairytale land. You need to come back to reality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He also ran on the field to join in a bench clearing brawl with high school kids when his younger brother was playing at St. Joe's. He got kicked off the team at Clemson in addition to his high school team in PA. I'm pretty sure he got in a bar fight while at Ole' Miss. Just throwing in some stories that may have been missed in this thread.

2 hours ago, holla83 said:

He also ran on the field to join in a bench clearing brawl with high school kids when his younger brother was playing at St. Joe's. He got kicked off the team at Clemson in addition to his high school team in PA. I'm pretty sure he got in a bar fight while at Ole' Miss. Just throwing in some stories that may have been missed in this thread.

Also wandered into a strangers house smashed after attending Von Millers Halloween party when he played in Denver. 

The kid is an all around loser. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Also wandered into a strangers house smashed after attending Von Millers Halloween party when he played in Denver. 

The kid is an all around loser. 

I thought that one was included on here but that is a good one too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Who hasn’t? Von had a nice sectional sofa with those fancy built in cup holders. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Who hasn’t? Von had a nice sectional sofa with those fancy built in cup holders. 

The Broncos probably wouldn't have cut him if he'd crashed on Von's couch that night. 😆

20 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Then separately:

I also try not rushing to judgement but my first reaction is not that there's been "wrongful accusations in the past."

My first reaction is that "Chad Kelly has a terrible track record and it's really hard to give him any benefit of the doubt."

BTW I see now that the Argos have suspended him for the preseason and half the regular season.

Jim Kelly, at this point, would just hope for his nephew finally getting "saved" or some such BS.

Kelly was a notorious terrible dude until his unfortunate family wake-up call. Chad has ALWAYS been known as a privileged d-ooo-sh since way back. They're a-holes. Just the way it is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Jim Kelly, at this point, would just hope for his nephew finally getting "saved" or some such BS.

Kelly was a notorious terrible dude until his unfortunate family wake-up call. Chad has ALWAYS been known as a privileged d-ooo-sh since way back. They're a-holes. Just the way it is. 

I can't argue with your take but I will say that people generally have the opportunity to redeem themselves and I think Jimbo has. Moreover I'm sympathetic to his misfortunes.

Chad on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

St Joes hired an additional full time communications/marketing head whose sole job was to manage Chad Kelly.

I poop you not. 

Just now, Mango said:

St Joes hired an additional full time communications/marketing head whose sole job was to manage Chad Kelly.

I poop you not. 

I know a dozen or so St Joe's grads who were all 2 years ahead of Kelly and so were around for all the nonsense at that level. Chad Kelly has been overwhelmingly despised at every step along his journey, it seems. What a terrible nepo bro. 

• Like (+1) 1