Matt Araiza signs with Chiefs

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If they re-sign Tommy Townsend to a guaranteed contract, Araiza will most likely just be a Camp Leg.

I'd wait until we see what they do with their All Pro Punter before freaking out.

I don't think anyone signing Araiza right now are just handing him the job. He's a reclamation project at this point.

Townsend is All-Pro and an UFA, which means he's one of the top-2 punters.  He'll be looking for more than $3.7M/year.  I doubt the Chefs give him that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If they re-sign Tommy Townsend to a guaranteed contract, Araiza will most likely just be a Camp Leg.

I'd wait until we see what they do with their All Pro Punter before freaking out.

I don't think anyone signing Araiza right now are just handing him the job. He's a reclamation project at this point.

Agree. I am delighted Matt has got another shot. He is an innocent man and deserves the chance to re-start his career.

But if he is in place of Townsend he is likely a downgrade for KC.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

And the rich get richer… Unreal. Dude is gonna punt the crap out of the ball and make everyone look dumb for not signing him sooner. 

Chiefs keep winning because they are beating the Bills off the field,  the Chiefs have so many young players on low contracts and this will be another one. We had one of worse kicking tandems in the NFL.  Beane should have been all over this,  we drafted him and they get him. Someone said they have Townsend,  they will just not resign him because he is a free agent and why pay big money on a punter

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Townsend is All-Pro and an UFA, which means he's one of the top-2 punters.  He'll be looking for more than $3.7M/year.  I doubt the Chefs give him that.

I don't know about that.

Coming off his 2022 All Pro campaign, they were able to get him to re-sign on a 1 year deal worth 2.62m

Signing Araiza could simply be posturing on KC's end. Make him believe they have an option in house to replace him come negotiations. I doubt he wants to leave Kansas City to begin with.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't know about that.

Coming off his 2022 All Pro campaign, they were able to get him to re-sign on a 1 year deal worth 2.62m

Signing Araiza could simply be posturing on KC's end. Make him believe they have an option in house to replace him come negotiations. I doubt he wants to leave Kansas City to begin with.

He fired that agent and brought in Rosenhaus. He's looking to cash in.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't know about that.

That's because he was a RFA and they had ROFR.

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

He fired that agent and brought in Rosenhaus. He's looking to cash in.

Another piece of the puzzle.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Gotta love that Schefty calls the Chiefs signing a punter who spent all year on the street a "big development". 

I mean...if you say so, bruh.

It's the doldrums of the offseason, he's gotta say something.