Jimmy G hit with a PED suspension

SCBills

17 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

If he had a prescription for this, then I'm quite certain that he thought he was doing nothing wrong.

Sounds like maybe a miscommunication between him and team doctors/trainers?

Why would he have a prescription for a performance enhancing drug that was "non-therapeutic"? Sounds like he found someone to write him a bogus prescription to get the drug.

Edited by vincec

13 minutes ago, vincec said:

Why would he have a prescription for a performance enhancing drug that was "non-therapeutic"? Sounds like he found someone to write him a bogus prescription to get the drug.

He was prescribed something that is on the NFL's list of banned substances. In order to take it, he would have had to get permission from the league. He didn't do that.

Geez… it didn’t even enhance his performance that much…

On a serious note, I feel for these guys. Yes they make a lot of money, but you wreck your body year after year and keep trying to bounce back as the body ages. I imagine a certain level of desperation sets in and you look for any solution whatsoever. Classic rock and a hard place…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

He was prescribed something that is on the NFL's list of banned substances. In order to take it, he would have had to get permission from the league. He didn't do that.

Or he send the info to the raiders expecting it to be filed, and they "lost it" or "didn't receive it" conveniently so they could cut him and save 12 million. 

22 hours ago, boyst said:

Damn he's f'd. No way he ever recovers that money unless he goes on to sponsor the meds he was taking

Based on how he played, that may be a reach.  Got a better chance sponsoring a competing product: "I should have used the other one, then I'd still be starting!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Ad for article on PFF is one for forhims.com.  Coincidence?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jimmy-garoppolos-suspension-will-cost-him-11-25-million

By stumbling into a two-game suspension for violation of the PED policy, Garoppolo has given the Raiders a quick and easy escape from $11.25 million in fully-guaranteed salary for 2024.

His contract makes a suspension under the PED policy one of the mechanisms for voiding the guaranteed payment in the second year of his three-year contract.

7 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I’d perfer him over Kyle Allen in a backup role.  If Josh were to ever go down. We would at least have a chance to compete with Jimmy G

Did you watch him last year? He is toast. His arm is shot, he can’t move effectively. There is a reason McDaniels got fired for sticking with him when it was obvious to anyone with eyes he couldn’t play anymore. 

Davis was pissed that they dumped Carr to sign Jimmy G after seeing him play. I’d much rather have Kyle Allen. At least he has a live arm right now. And truth be told, the Bills would be screwed no matter what if Josh went down. Their best chance is the best athlete they can find. Kyle Allen is a much better athlete than Jimmy G

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

You're crazy.

That being said, as overrated as he is, he would be a decent back-up.

No he wouldn’t. He is absolutely toast

On 2/17/2024 at 6:07 AM, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Geez… it didn’t even enhance his performance that much…

On a serious note, I feel for these guys. Yes they make a lot of money, but you wreck your body year after year and keep trying to bounce back as the body ages. I imagine a certain level of desperation sets in and you look for any solution whatsoever. Classic rock and a hard place…

picturing jimmy listening to a classic rock ballad staring into the distance now. 

odds the raiders found a way to have him randomly tested?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.