Trubisky Released

HurlyBurly51

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Maybe we can draft someone with a late pick. 

this creates a small possibility of that person developing into a tradeable asset for some reason. Kyle Allen and Mitch Trubisky never will be that. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I respectfully disagree. Bills lose any game Josh isn’t n the field, they n my opinion. 

Backup QB is really moot to me. 

Well, then according to that logic why carry one at all?  Waste of a roster spot.  Might as well just designate an emergency QB😂

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills are looking to pay the minimum for the backup QB position based on Kyle Allen’s deal of $1.2m…

Trubisky made $8m last year … and whilst he probably won’t see that again … i can see him still getting $3m somewhere…Case Keenum got that last year …

At least this makes sense.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

We could sign the best available backup. If Josh Allen goes down, the Bills are dead.  Period.  

Bigger fish to fry. 

Sort of true. I think there's guys out there that could keep the boat afloat until Josh comes back. If he's done for the year though, yeah, I don't see anyone there winning us a Super Bowl.

But the best Backup's are surely going to be signed by guys who are Drafting a Rookie this season as a Bridge QB or insurance in the event that they deem they're not ready. Or as guys who can compete or provide insurance to QB's who are underperforming.

That list includes Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill, and Tyler Huntley. But even if those guys were available to be true Backup's, their price tag is going to be more than we're willing to spend on that role given our cap situation and the amount of holes we have to fill.

Outside of that list, you're looking at guys like Jameis Winston, Tyrod Taylor, Jacoby Brissett, Sam Darnold, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, and Joe Flacco.

Probably some guys on that list that will cost more than we're willing to pay too. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I'd take him back.  What say you?

Heck no!

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

this creates a small possibility of that person developing into a tradeable asset for some reason. Kyle Allen and Mitch Trubisky never will be that. 

Exactly!

2 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I'd take him back.  What say you?

I'd really like to have a backup I have some confidence could actually present a bit of a threat of a passing game.

I have little confidence in Kyle Allen, and less in Mitch Trubisky after seeing him here and with the Steelers.  With the Steelers especially he was just baaaad.

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

image.thumb.png.8013363a7fa641aafd20cfb508494aa0.png      +    image.thumb.png.55d4c948fa2eae428646959e2b3a3e23.png   =  image.thumb.png.27f40260044531e89218cec6bea58319.png

Needs a brain?

Edited by Beck Water

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

$500k a year and not a penny more. Or Just draft a QB in the Mid rounds. We are wasting a lot of money on backup QBs. The truth is if Josh gets hurt then this team is done no backup can fill in for Josh. 

not sure about that, By can do better than kyle in the locker room and PS passer

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Need to take a flyer from the 5th+ on a Purdy-like prospect. Someone who had success at the collegiate level, but isn’t highly thought of for whatever reasons. Last took that chance on Fromm. Maybe Spencer Rattler in the 6th?

Hartman from Notre Dame/Wake Forest? I don’t know, my wife likes him… image.jpeg.4726db2d3b628caa9a8ccda5d943864d.jpeg 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.