Trubisky Released

HurlyBurly51

I couldn't tell you who would be better or worse between Kyle Allen and Trubisky.  I am not enamored with either, but then again thats usually the case with backup QB's.  

I would probably lean towards who is cheaper as Bills are sunk if either had to play any extended period of the season.  I haven't even began to look at FA's yet, so could be someone else this year too that might be a better choice.  

But if you are asking me between Kyle and Mitch...I would take the cheaper contract.  

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Money Mitch was drafted #2. Mahomie #10.

Chew on that!

Wow... And we expect the Bears, which never had a franchise QB in over a 100 years to make a good decision this year?

😆

And lets not forget Bears traded a bunch to move up one spot to take him even though everyone and their mom knew SF was taking Solomon and not a QB.  

Funny, SF could have then taken Mahomes/Watson next and still had all that draft ammo to add more pieces to that team.  How many SB's would SF be sitting on right now had they just taken Mahomes instead of overrated home grown Solomon Thomas?  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nucci said:

Why....have you watched him play? He's terrible

Kyle Allen

4 hours ago, hjnick said:

Is Allen still on the team???

I would see him as an upgrade to Kyle Allen.  If they can release Allen and essentially swap salaries I'd consider the upgrade.

Five pages about a potential backup QB signing. Gotta love Bills Mafia.

My stance on Trubisky (or any other backup QB) is the same as its always been. When asked why Peyton Manning's backup wasn't getting more reps in practice, former Colts OC Tom Moore once said "Fellas, if #18 goes down, we're *****. And we don't practice *****".

That's the situation here. If #17 goes down, we're *****. I just can't bring myself to devote much attention to the issue.

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Exactly. It’s not like he’d be worse. I think the main criteria the team is looking for in a Bills backup QB is that he’s very cheap. Maybe we can draft someone with a late pick. 

Why waste a pick on someone who will hopefully never play

and if he is forced to play,  do you want to entrust our season to a late round inexperienced Rookie qb

23 hours ago, Einstein said:

No. I wouldn't. 

He is truly a bad QB. If we had to turn to him, I'd have zero faith we win the game.

He's a backup.  He's better than Kyle Allen.  He'd also come probably for the vet minimum because I think Pittsburgh already pay him.

Personally, I think Kyle Allen is back because of how close he is with Josh, but I'd love getting Mitch instead of Kyle.

People who think a backup QB can realistically be a starting level NFL QB are nuts.

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's a backup.  He's better than Kyle Allen.  He'd also come probably for the vet minimum because I think Pittsburgh already pay him.

Personally, I think Kyle Allen is back because of how close he is with Josh, but I'd love getting Mitch instead of Kyle.

People who think a backup QB can realistically be a starting level NFL QB are nuts.

Case Keenum got $3m last year … 

Someone will still pay Trubisky that much at least in 2024 … 

They screwed him up at Pittsburgh with those amateur OCs and killed his confidence. Josh brings out the best in him and he could be built back up to be a QB that can use his legs and play well in the pinch. Just remember, the guy put the hapless Bears in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

Why waste a pick on someone who will hopefully never play

and if he is forced to play,  do you want to entrust our season to a late round inexperienced Rookie qb

A few reasons:

- a decent backup QB can get a team into the playoffs (or a better seed) if their QB is out for a bit but comes back

- can sometimes be traded if they develop and perform well if/when they play

- in this draft the Bills have 10 picks, mostly in latter rounds so why not take a shot

There is reasonable debate to be had about whether or not to spend real cap space on a backup QB. I get why we wouldn’t. But why not take a chance on one with one of our six day three picks?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

But why not take a chance on one with one of our six day three picks?

One thing to keep in mind is that Beane is probably going to be using a number of those later picks as part of a package to move up in the earlier rounds.  Doesn't mean he can't use what he has left on a QB, but I wouldn't expect him to have 6 to just throw around.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.