Super Bowl LVIII Pre Game Thread

muppy

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

Im not surprised that Taylor Swift is being discussed. She is seemingly unescapable as she treks around the world on her private jet from tour to NFL game spectator. 

The fascination with her and the sheer influence and power she wields is to me staggering.

I would very much like a "Taylor Swift" filter blocker on my feeds.  She and her Red lips are officially on my nerves. Too much is too much

I teach and all the boys talk about the teams and all the girls talk about their favorite team "the KCs" and their favorite player is "her boyfriend who catches the ball". 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Haha (+1) 1

49ers win and

McCaffrey is MVP..

He said something that indicated  this is personal and his determination runs really deep.

He wants to prove he is the real MVP this year and I think he's right.

I think the Chiefs will have a hard time stopping him...and Kittle.

On offense I think the Chiefs tackles will struggle with the outside rush when passing and Pacheco will be bottled up rushing. 

27-20 9ers

• Like (+1) 2

KC's experience is such a benefit in a game like this.

That team has a ton of SB experience.  It's kind of like what happened w/ the Pats all those years - they had a big advantage at a certain point, just by virtue of the fact that they had been there so many times.  For players going to their 1st SB, it can be overwhelming.  

I'm expecting a good, close game - but a KC blowout wouldn't shock me, especially if they get off to a hot start.

2 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

31-17 SF, it’ll never be in doubt either 

I’m leaning this way, more like hoping. 

I think the niners have to be in control from jump if they want to win. If it’s close the chiefs will win. 

Not watching.  I saw one play of the NFC Championship game accidentally when I looked up at the TV while on the elliptical at Planet Fitness.  Other than that I have not watched anything football related.

I've been buried at work which helps, but I could not be more disinterested.

I truly believe the Bills are fourplays away from having two Lombardi trophies.  13 seconds and wide right part duex have sucked the life out of me for now.

I will still be engaged when the offseason starts.  I think we have a real good chance to get young again and be a top team next year.  

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’ve been wrong before so it wouldn’t be the first time if i’m wrong here.

But the “X market is large” doesn’t work for Super Bowls. Because those markets tend to watch whether their team is in the game or not.

I’m going to guess 110M average (not peak).

Playoffs this year set all time records.  The Chiefs/Bills game was the most watched Divisional game of all time.  It will definitely be in the top 5 of all time.

Some thoughts that you guys didn't ask for, but here they are anyway. 

1.  I've never heard a Taylor Swift song.  I don't know much about her except that she has a bazillion fans and a bunch of them have jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon.  If you think this won't be the most watched super bowl in history then you know even less than I do about what an absolute draw Taylor Swift is.  

2.  Once teams start to enter the dynasty discussion, they become hated.  It's not new.  Alot of posts here about hating on the Patriots.  ME TOO.  I got sick of that in short order.  I understand the overkill overhype overexposure the Chiefs are getting.  I don't blame people who are fatigued by it.  I will say, it's really cool being on this side of it.  

3.  Obviously I am a biased homer, but I think KC wins this 31-17.  The 49ers have been VERY SHAKY in eeking out playoff wins that that the other teams could have taken.  Brock Purdy hasn't played well but he's been good in moments....but those moments have only come to even exist becasue Detroit and Green Bay let oppertunities literally bounce off helmets and/or slip  through their hands.  ...and those teams aren't good defensively.  Purdy has been AWFUL when he's had to play stout D's.  Baltimore shredded them.  Cleveland gave Purdy fits.  San Fran likes to run a bunch of motion.  KC just counters that by switching up their look right after the oppsoing team motions.  For those watching...pay attention to the niners pre snap motion, then once they've move, watch KC change their front/alignment etc.  Also, the niners D has NOT been good...the 2019 version KC beat was far superior to his one.  The 49ers kicker isn't good and isn't equal to this task.  He'll miss a kick.

4.  I am leaning FULL ON into this swifty consipiracy theory (sort of)  I got a three leg parlay that has Kelce OVER 1.5 TD.  Purdy OVER 1.5 INTS and Jerrick McKinnon anytime TD.  100 pays 25k.  ....McKinnon HAD BEEN a long shot to play due to core surgery he had on Jan 2nd.  He's been activated and I cna't imagine him not playing at this piont since they've taken the step to make him active.  He took a knee at the 1 last year when he could have scored a TD in the super bowl.  He's 32, and this might be his last game ever...they'll try and get him in the endzone.  

5.  We are having hot links and chilli dogs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Some thoughts that you guys didn't ask for, but here they are anyway. 

1.  I've never heard a Taylor Swift song.  I don't know much about her except that she has a bazillion fans and a bunch of them have jumped on the Chiefs bandwagon.  If you think this won't be the most watched super bowl in history then you know even less than I do about what an absolute draw Taylor Swift is.  

2.  Once teams start to enter the dynasty discussion, they become hated.  It's not new.  Alot of posts here about hating on the Patriots.  ME TOO.  I got sick of that in short order.  I understand the overkill overhype overexposure the Chiefs are getting.  I don't blame people who are fatigued by it.  I will say, it's really cool being on this side of it.  

3.  Obviously I am a biased homer, but I think KC wins this 31-17.  The 49ers have been VERY SHAKY in eeking out playoff wins that that the other teams could have taken.  Brock Purdy hasn't played well but he's been good in moments....but those moments have only come to even exist becasue Detroit and Green Bay let oppertunities literally bounce off helmets and/or slip  through their hands.  ...and those teams aren't good defensively.  Purdy has been AWFUL when he's had to play stout D's.  Baltimore shredded them.  Cleveland gave Purdy fits.  San Fran likes to run a bunch of motion.  KC just counters that by switching up their look right after the oppsoing team motions.  For those watching...pay attention to the niners pre snap motion, then once they've move, watch KC change their front/alignment etc.  Also, the niners D has NOT been good...the 2019 version KC beat was far superior to his one.  The 49ers kicker isn't good and isn't equal to this task.  He'll miss a kick.

4.  I am leaning FULL ON into this swifty consipiracy theory (sort of)  I got a three leg parlay that has Kelce OVER 1.5 TD.  Purdy OVER 1.5 INTS and Jerrick McKinnon anytime TD.  100 pays 25k.  ....McKinnon HAD BEEN a long shot to play due to core surgery he had on Jan 2nd.  He's been activated and I cna't imagine him not playing at this piont since they've taken the step to make him active.  He took a knee at the 1 last year when he could have scored a TD in the super bowl.  He's 32, and this might be his last game ever...they'll try and get him in the endzone.  

5.  We are having hot links and chilli dogs.

I hate your team and all that and hope they suffer untold misfortune, but this is an excellent post. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, muppy said:

I would very much like a "Taylor Swift" filter blocker on my feeds.  She and her Red lips are officially on my nerves. Too much is too much

You want a Taylor Swift filter to block the excessive Taylor Swift discussion?

Physician, heal thyself.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am probably in the minority but the Kelces are infinity more annoying than Taylor Swift.  Over exposure and trying to be involved in everything to set up for life after football. I think Jason now is even more annoying than Travis now he's retired. Oh let's make a bet Buffalo to get clicks and to get more listeners to our podcast.  Get lost!

Edited by boco357

13 hours ago, boyst said:

Why? Her culture is the embodiment of everything wrong with our culture.

So many of us just want to ignore her but can't. An

Enough with her coverage.

Let her be who she is and let us watch football in peace. 

So she is being who she is.

All she's doing is going to a game and supporting her boyfriend like any girl would like to do.

She has no control of the media coverage and how many times the camera will pan over to her during the game.

It's OK not to like her for whatever reason but she hasn't done anything wrong. 

Let's be honest here. If she were Josh's girlfriend we would all love the coverage 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, boyst said:

Why? Her culture is the embodiment of everything wrong with our culture.

She is a magnificently talented entertainer who has charmed her way across the world. It's not what so many dislike her for or wish to never see her again.

Maybe it isn't all directed at you but I work with plenty of guys at work who are football fans from across the spectrum of the ideology base. It is a multinational company where 1 out of 5 are not united states citizens. All of them interested in football has lamented the discussion of her. How if you dislike her the news says you're a conservative conspiracy theorist because she is at the super bowl. How if you don't like her you don't like powerful women. How if you don't like the attention she brings the league you need to rearrange your priorities. How the new fanbases should be welcome to football.

So many of us just want to ignore her but can't. And when we get tired of it we get labeled as all sorts of things.

Enough with her coverage. Let her be who she is and let us watch football in peace. 

Is it really her fault that the NFL and the networks took full advantage of her newfound relationship? I guess if you believe in the conspiracies then you would say yes. Otherwise, she just a significant other that should have every right to attend her boyfriends game, just like every other player. 

I blame the NFL and the networks with their greed taking full advantage of the situation more than anything.

• Like (+1) 1

In my timezone I won't watch, cannot bring myself to wasting an entire pre-workday night if it ain't the Bills.  I'll just watch the "game in 40 minutes" version on GameDay (or DAZN as it is over here now) tomorrow morning without knowing the score.

It wouldn't be the first superbowl that turns out totally different from what all the analysis has been throwing at us for 2 full weeks, so my prediction is that 49rs will win on the back of a great performance by their defence, the unlikely hero of the game will be Jauan Jennings, but since he's not famous enough CMC will get the MVP.

See you all in the off-season, Go Bills! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

So she is being who she is.

All she's doing is going to a game and supporting her boyfriend like any girl would like to do.

She has no control of the media coverage and how many times the camera will pan over to her during the game.

It's OK not to like her for whatever reason but she hasn't done anything wrong. 

Let's be honest here. If she were Josh's girlfriend we would all love the coverage 

That's not the problem anyone has with her. It's that she has so much baggage.  She flies across a city and then sues the dude who tracks her plane without even listing a crime. She seems the camera and everything about it - being weird af riding around in boxes, and more.

And, I think most would be just as annoyed by Josh bringing that much of a distraction.

Everything everyone else is doing about Taylor makes Taylor unlikable.

13 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Is it really her fault that the NFL and the networks took full advantage of her newfound relationship? I guess if you believe in the conspiracies then you would say yes. Otherwise, she just a significant other that should have every right to attend her boyfriends game, just like every other player. 

I blame the NFL and the networks with their greed taking full advantage of the situation more than anything.

Why? This is just like the headline I read that conservatives hate Taylor Swift and believe she is part of a conspiracy. Or the headline "white americans find nothin wrong with Taylor Swift."

I don't think she is part of some conspiracy. I think the media making this way more than it should be to divide people up is a major problem.

I don't give a ***** about Taylor Swift. Her new music is dog *****. Pre 1989 album her music was fun and I still love it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.