Super Bowl LVIII Pre Game Thread

muppy

Greetings. I realize that interest is at a low going into tomorrow. but it IS the super bowl. Do you all have any plans? Get togethers?

I am hosting a few friends for a pot luck. I'm making air fryer wings, celery, carrots, blue cheese. A family recipe for brownies for dessert.  The rest will be yummy too

I'll watch the game. And I hope the 49ers can pull it off and win. I can't stand much more chiefs hype. it's already in overdrive as far as Im concerned

what say you?

• Like (+1) 6

Most likely for the first time in my life, I am not going to watch it. Usually within my circle of friends, myself or someone else will plan something and we watch.  Even If I don't care about the teams, it's social.  This year, no one made any plans and I did not care to initiate any.  If it stays that way, I am content to watch something else.

This is not the first year where I absolutely cannot get behind either team, but something is different this year.  This season was draining and the least enjoyable that I can remember.  The bad officiating, Excessive play stoppages and commercials, the flood of gambling commercials, the story line of "will Taylor Swift make it across the globe in time on her private jet"?  Enough is enough, I am not interested.  I don't intend to be preachy or say that others should do this, just my personal choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I won't be shocked if this Super Bowl has (relatively) very low numbers. 

NFL fans have Chiefs fatigue, and their opponent has 5 Lombardi trophies themselves (and was in a Super Bowl just a few years ago)

These may be the two worst possible teams to have in this game, from an interest perspective. 

I honestly think Bills-Lions would have drawn record viewership because of how different/new it would have been.

I'll watch, because its the last NFL football we will have for 7 months, but I won't be all that interested in anything other than the Chiefs hopefully losing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have Chiefs fatigue too just like I had with the Patriots.... but to say I won't watch the Super Bowl because I'm salty the Bills aren't in it is absurd.  If you're a fan of NFL football you will watch it.   My older two kids are at college, so it will be me with my younger daughter and wife hanging out.  No big parties this year.  I prefer to watch at home anyway.  I think KC will win but rooting for the 49ers.  If Brock Purdy can beat Mahomes/Spags in the biggest of games...big props to him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Einstein said:

NFL fans have Chiefs fatigue, and their opponent has 5 Lombardi trophies themselves (and was in a Super Bowl just a few years ago)

These may be the two worst possible teams to have in this game, from an interest perspective. 

I honestly think Bills-Lions would have drawn record viewership because of how different/new it would have been.

I'll watch, because its the last NFL football we will have for 7 months, but I won't be all that interested in anything other than the Chiefs hopefully losing.

Disagree.  Niners are a huge market + the swifities will make this the most watched SB of all time 

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Zero reason to believe this won't have huge viewership number. I'll be watching and hating every second of it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

Greetings. I realize that interest is at a low going into tomorrow. but it IS the super bowl. Do you all have any plans? Get togethers?

I am hosting a few friends for a pot luck. I'm making air fryer wings, celery, carrots, blue cheese. A family recipe for brownies for dessert.  The rest will be yummy too

I'll watch the game. And I hope the 49ers can pull it off and win. I can't stand much more chiefs hype. it's already in overdrive as far as Im concerned

what say you?

I’m thinking that I’m not going to watch. I say that kind of thing from time to time but always relent. This year is different. I did not watch one snap of the championship games and haven’t turned on NFL Network in a month (did watch senior bowl practices). This year is dead to me. I have about $400 of squares and hopefully someone texts me that I won. 

I don’t care who wins. I don’t care who plays well. I don’t care what this does for anyone’s legacy. Hopefully everyone has fun with their family and friends. This game just isn’t for me. I’ll be ready for the combine. ✌️to the 2023 season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking that I’m not going to watch. I say that kind of thing from time to time but always relent. This year is different. I did not watch one snap of the championship games and haven’t turned on NFL Network in a month (did watch senior bowl practices). This year is dead to me. I have about $400 of squares and hopefully someone texts me that I won. 

I don’t care who wins. I don’t care who plays well. I don’t care what this does for anyone’s legacy. Hopefully everyone has fun with their family and friends. This game just isn’t for me. I’ll be ready for the combine. ✌️to the 2023 season

If you aren’t going to hate watch and root against Mahomes, I question your dedication to the cause.

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I love football so I’ll be watching. My prediction is this will be the most watched Superbowl ever. 

It probably will be. I can't tell you how many times I've heard about Taylor swifts travel plans for this game on TV this week. They've hyped it up alot 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

what say you?

I want a SF to kick the crap out of the KC Swifts. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am sure I’ll watch some of the Super Bowl. But to be honest I have a really difficult time watching the chiefs play now. I just can’t seem to get over the fact that the Bills handed them the final piece to their dynasty (Mahomes), for relatively cheap too.

I know it does me no good holding onto this, but it’s hard to let go of until Buffalo can actually beat them when it matters (in the playoffs). And it’s not that I’m pining for Mahomes. I love Josh Allen. It’s just that I can’t help but think about how much different life could be for the Bills if they hadn’t made that trade with KC.

New Orleans was set to draft Mahomes at pick #11. Imagine not having to go through Reid/Mahomes every single year for the foreseeable future…

I guess I just really thought this was the year that the Bills would finally make it past KC in the playoffs. I am still not over that loss.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

The way the 49ers won both of their playoff games, it just seems like they are destined to win.  However, they are playing the ultimate team of destiny.  Tough call but I think KC takes this one 24-20.

Edited by Talley56

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.