Panthers coach Dave Canales' oversharing just a bit

stuvian

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cliff notes? It's behind a paywall.

Removepaywall.com is a very bad site. It allows people to forgo the payments to journalists. These journalists must get money or they could end up unemployed like the coal miners they told us about a decade ago - you know the ones that needed to learn to code?

So, don't ever use the site like: 

https://www.removepaywall.com

Tl,Dr: article says dude was a bad husband and cheated on his wife or some *****. Wrote a book about it. It seemed dumb so I stopped reading. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

Removepaywall.com is a very bad site. It allows people to forgo the payments to journalists. These journalists must get money or they could end up unemployed like the coal miners they told us about a decade ago - you know the ones that needed to learn to code?

Tl,Dr: article says dude was a bad husband and cheated on his wife or some *****. Wrote a book about it. It seemed dumb so I stopped reading. 

Fair enough in this case, but it’s beyond frustrating to go to, let’s say the Cleveland Plain Dealer website and be asked to subscribe for only $whatever. 

7 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Fair enough in this case, but it’s beyond frustrating to go to, let’s say the Cleveland Plain Dealer website and be asked to subscribe for only $whatever. 

this is why you should always be willing to pay to support journalists. because going around paywalls is a bad idea. sites like removepaywall.com are way too easy for anyone to use not to ever see those paywalls

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, boyst said:

this is why you should always be willing to pay to support journalists. because going around paywalls is a bad idea. sites like removepaywall.com are way too easy for anyone to use not to ever see those paywalls

I'm starting to think you're a paid spokesperson for the site😂😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm starting to think you're a paid spokesperson for the site😂😂

No. I'm a cheap bastard who holds contempt for a system that created a monopoly then failed to adapt until it was too late.

The newspapers destroyed radio and discredited it as much as possible, going so far as blaming Orson Welles war of the worlds for causing panic, they pushed agendas of anyone behind the scenes for over a century, the destroyed forests and took over entire economic sectors monopolizing the sub industries.

The more I go the more it belongs on PPP.

The Internet came along and they decided not to do anything against it just like radio. It's all too little too late. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Not to get too deep, but maybe it's a good thing to share about. Culture seems to glorify cheating  or getting out there as much as you can. It's cool if him and his wife are working it out and succeeding. More people should be open and honest instead of acting fake and putting on faces to make everyone believe they are perfect. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

20 hours ago, boyst said:

How do use remove paywall.com? 

22 hours ago, stuvian said:

Ever considered providing some of your own insight, thoughts, or at least a sliver of summary? This amounts to clickbait. But I don't think you're getting paid by the click, so...what gives?

Also, EFF this entire story. Conveniently self-told redemption tale "partially" written by currently very successful guy who continually benefits (personally and professionally) from this narrative arc. Stinks of PR/HR/LinkedIn spin. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.