Bills need a hardnosed, blunt QB coach

Back2Buff

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Since it's Hot Take Monday, i think what the Bills need is a sports psychologist, someone who can diagnose and treat the Bills malady of disappearing for the 2nd and 3rd quarter every game

And the middle of seasons as well. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

You can be hard nosed and demand respect without screaming.  It's clear as day, Josh doesn't fear or respect Dorsey and Brady like he did Daboll.  Daboll wouldn't let Josh just do whatever he wanted out there.  

Oh no! He’s only leading the league in touchdowns! The horror! We should definitely gimp him 

You can be hard nosed and demand respect without screaming.  It's clear as day, Josh doesn't fear or respect Dorsey and Brady like he did Daboll.  Daboll wouldn't let Josh just do whatever he wanted out there.  

This is one of the biggest loads of horse crap projections I’ve read here-including after playoff losses! Please elaborate on how it’s clear as day he doesn’t fear or respect them?

im not sure why your venom is going after the one guy who has kept the Bills in as many games BECAUSE of his style of play

57 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is one of the biggest loads of horse crap projections I’ve read here-including after playoff losses! Please elaborate on how it’s clear as day he doesn’t fear or respect them?

im not sure why your venom is going after the one guy who has kept the Bills in as many games BECAUSE of his style of play

When you go out and complete the same mistake game after game, you are not listening to your coach, therefore not respecting him.

How many times did Allen throw an INT with a 15 yard out route against the sideline?  How many times did he need to be told to read the defense before throwing the ball?

It's not secret how harsh Daboll was with Allen.  We seen it on TV.  Allen goes back to the bench now, grabs his IPad, and Brady will console him.  Allen is a child at heart, he will admit it himself.  You need to be stern with a child for it to sink in.  

• Eyeroll 2

I think far too much is being put into the efficacy of a QB coach.

Josh is entering his 7th year...endlessly parading in new voices in his ear at this point will have negligible returns.

And Frank??? Come on... time for him to walk away from the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Allen is the most productive QB in the NFL.  Full Stop.  Perfection js not achievable.  Full Stop.  The least problematic position on the Bills the last five years had been QB. 

Just stop. 

Sounds like you're saying that JA has no room for improvement. I totally disagree with the latter. 

He definitely could use help with how to read what defenses are doing, and also with his decision-making (regarding where to throw the ball). Plenty of All-22 film from plenty of games this past season make the latter fairly obvious.

Edited by Bob Jones
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

How about we just get him more weapons? 🤷🏽‍♂️

How many more weapons does he need? He had Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, Cook, and even Knox. Who did Mahomes have besides Kelce?

There aren't many teams that have more passing weapons than us.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This is just an "I liked a Dan Campbell interview I saw!" thread.  

I miss the "we need a football czar! He should be about 7' tall and be able to hypnotize you with his eyes and dance all night" threads.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How many more weapons does he need? He had Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, Cook, and even Knox. Who did Mahomes have besides Kelce?

There aren't many teams that have more passing weapons than us.

Besides the best TE of all time you mean?  Well, he had MVS, Rice, Hardman, Pacheco, CEH, Moore, and Toney.  No one but Bills fans think Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox are anything special.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This is just an "I liked a Dan Campbell interview I saw!" thread.  

I miss the "we need a football czar! He should be about 7' tall and be able to hypnotize you with his eyes and dance all night" threads.

Besides the best TE of all time you mean?  Well, he had MVS, Rice, Hardman, Pacheco, CEH, Moore, and Toney.  No one but Bills fans think Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox are anything special.  

Who out there thinks MVS, Hardman, CEH, and Toney are special?

Toney and Hardman outright lost them games as reserve players as did MVS.

CEH had 17 receptions for 188/1TD.

Rashee Rice had a gr3eat year as a rookie, but drafted after Kincaid. If the Bills wanted him, they could have had him. Shakir had a similarly impressive year on a lot less targets. Pacheco is a good not great RB who isn't a major passing game factor either at 44/244/2 compared to Cook's 44/445/4.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just hire Pete Carmichael Jr. He was really good for the Saints for many years and he's a super experienced sounding board for Joe Brady who has extensive knowledge of the system. He would be a great extra pair of eyes for Brady and Carmichael was with Drew Brees for a long time back to their San Diego days, so I have to give him some credit for what Brees did in NO.  I think an experienced coach is what he needs. He's been coached by kids ever since Daboll left. 

Sean Ryan was the QB coach in Carolina and worked for Bill O'Brien, Tom Coughlin etc. I don't know about his style, but he is also an experienced name out there. 

Former Eagles OC, Brian Johnson would be a nice get if he doesn't get a job as an OC somewhere. 

Outside the box thinking, Todd Haley is known to be pretty abrasive, is an E-P coach, and could do good things for Josh, or he could ruin him. 

I could also see Thad Lewis coming over if the Bucs bypass him for the OC position. He is a young guy, so I am not sure that is ideal. 

Carmichael is definitely a guy I'd hire. But I'm not sure as a QB coach. I'd hire him in a senior offensive assistant role. Sean Ryan is a guy I've liked for a while. The lustre has worn off a bit , he was a hot OC candidate for a few years but at the time when teams could still block a QB coach interviewing. He has E-P experience. He would be an interesting hire. 

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Well, he had MVS, Rice, Hardman, Pacheco, CEH, Moore, and Toney.  No one but Bills fans think Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox are anything special.  

And other than Rice those guys suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Who out there thinks MVS, Hardman, CEH, and Toney are special?

Toney and Hardman outright lost them games as reserve players as did MVS.

CEH had 17 receptions for 188/1TD.

Rashee Rice had a gr3eat year as a rookie, but drafted after Kincaid. If the Bills wanted him, they could have had him. Shakir had a similarly impressive year on a lot less targets. Pacheco is a good not great RB who isn't a major passing game factor either at 44/244/2 compared to Cook's 44/445/4.

No one.  The Chiefs and Bills could both use an influx of talent.  A 1st ballet Hall of Fame tight end gives Chiefs skill position players the edge. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No one.  The Chiefs and Bills could both use an influx of talent.  A 1st ballet Hall of Fame tight end gives Chiefs skill position players the edge. 

ballet lucy GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

When you go out and complete the same mistake game after game, you are not listening to your coach, therefore not respecting him.

How many times did Allen throw an INT with a 15 yard out route against the sideline?  How many times did he need to be told to read the defense before throwing the ball?

It's not secret how harsh Daboll was with Allen.  We seen it on TV.  Allen goes back to the bench now, grabs his IPad, and Brady will console him.  Allen is a child at heart, he will admit it himself.  You need to be stern with a child for it to sink in.  

Brady needs a belt!

• Haha (+1) 1

Imagine thinking we need to be stern to a guy with a work ethic like Josh Allen. 

Here is a fact, you have absolutely no knowledge of the conversations, the level of respect, or how harsh or easy Brady is on Josh. None, zero, zip. To sprout this off as "fact" is reckless and stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh please, how could you possible know this? 

this comes off as a "i saw him in 4 commercials this year and his gf isnt a farmer" vibes

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Imagine thinking we need to be stern to a guy with a work ethic like Josh Allen. 

Here is a fact, you have absolutely no knowledge of the conversations, the level of respect, or how harsh or easy Brady is on Josh. None, zero, zip. To sprout this off as "fact" is reckless and stupid. 

Especially with brady being upstairs for our games lol what do we have at all to draw that information on hahaha we've never even seen them within 5 floors of each other

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.