Josh Allen career playoff stats

Special K

4 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Unfortunately his last few plays on the final drive cost Buffalo a trip to the Superbowl.  We would have easily destroyed Baltimore

Defensive head coach who consistently allows 8+ yards per play in the playoffs with his horrific "bend but don't break" scheme that only works against average to horrible QBs. 

Allen has never been the problem in the playoffs. I'd argue that he's never been the problem with the Bills ever. He's the whole reason this coaching staff still has a job. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Defensive head coach who consistently allows 8+ yards per play in the playoffs with his horrific "bend but don't break" scheme that only works against average to horrible QBs. 

Allen has never been the problem in the playoffs. I'd argue that he's never been the problem with the Bills ever. He's the whole reason this coaching staff still has a job. 

Ok so you have no issue with Allen not throwing to a wide open Diggs for an easy first down?? He instead throws to the endzone with a severely underthrown pass. What was the hurry the goal was to consume clock score and leave KC very little time. How can anyone not see Allen screwed up?? The kid had one hell of a game but ***** the bed the last drive!!

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

Ok so you have no issue with Allen not throwing to a wide open Diggs for an easy first down?? He instead throws to the endzone with a severely underthrown pass. What was the hurry the goal was to consume clock score and leave KC very little time. How can anyone not see Allen screwed up?? The kid had one hell of a game but ***** the bed at the last drive!!

Everything you just typed out was emotional, not rational. It's easy to put the blame on a single focus point but it's also lazy. 

I get it, I'm mad the Bills didn't win too, but it wasn't an easy throw or a guaranteed first down to Diggs. It's a throw across his body and the middle of the field.  The pass is only underthrown because he's bumped by Dawkins, who couldn't hold his block, not really on Allen again. A first down doesn't mean they score and win either, you need to take a clear open end zone shot when it's there.

I'm not going to put the blame on Allen because the game isn't a single series, and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.  We shouldn't have been in that situation if we were playing "complementary football" like McD preaches. McDermott's defense couldn't slow the Chiefs and wasn't doing their 1/3. 

Expecting a perfect game from any QB is a joke. Allen had 4 beautiful rainbow passes that were straight up dropped by WRs. 

If Allen has to play a perfect game for the Bills to win then the Bills just aren't going to win.  It's as simple as that. That doesn't mean he's the problem though.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Everything you just typed out was emotional, not rational. It's easy to put the blame on a single focus point but it's also lazy. 

I get it, I'm mad the Bills didn't win too, but it wasn't an easy throw or a guaranteed first down to Diggs. It's a throw across his body and the middle of the field.  The pass is only underthrown because he's bumped by Dawkins, who couldn't hold his block, not really on Allen again. A first down doesn't mean they score and win either, you need to take a clear open end zone shot when it's there.

I'm not going to put the blame on Allen because the game isn't a single series, and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.  We shouldn't have been in that situation if we were playing "complementary football" like McD preaches. McDermott's defense couldn't slow the Chiefs and wasn't doing their 1/3. 

Expecting a perfect game from any QB is a joke. Allen had 4 beautiful rainbow passes that were straight up dropped by WRs. 

If Allen has to play a perfect game for the Bills to win then the Bills just aren't going to win.  It's as simple as that. That doesn't mean he's the problem though.  

He's the best qb period IMO just frustrating that for whatever ever reason they swayed from the perfect game plan on the last drive. We will get them next year. Guess we have to root for the Niners lol. 

16 hours ago, Special K said:

In 10 career playoff games, Josh Allen has:

Passer rating of 100.0

64.6 completion percentage

2,723 yards passing, 21 touchdowns and 4 interceptions 

563 rushing yards and 5 TD's

That sounds like the stat line of a multiple Super Bowl Champion..............screw you, Kansas City!!!

7th best career passer rating

11th best completion percentage

24th best yards

18th TDs

Tom Brady is first in career INTs at 40; Josh Allen is under 10.

Still seeing a lot of excuses and if’s for this team. All the fantasy hypotheticals like past KC they’d beat the Ravens etc. are meaningless compared to the reality of this team time and again not rise to the occasion of beating the teams that are in their way when it matters. Stop making excuses and demand more from the team. They failed once again plain and simple. The coaching staff failed. The players failed. That includes Allen. A little bit of situational awareness at the end from him and they might have beaten KC. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, finn said:

I didn't bother to extrapolate the interceptions, but it's yet another stat that indicates Allen and Mahomes are at least on par.

I'm working on not letting the idiot narratives that Mahomes is unquestionably better, GOAT, the Messiah, etc., get to me. 

But he is unquestionably better.  If they both retired today only 1 of them is going to the Hall of Fame in 5 years.  

Can you imagine if roles were reversed and Chiefs fans were telling you that Mahomes is better than a 2x MVP, 2x Super Bowl Champion 2x Super Bowl MVP Josh Allen?

The game is about more than stats.  Do you think Matt Ryan is better than John Elway because he has better stats?  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

But he is unquestionably better.  If they both retired today only 1 of them is going to the Hall of Fame in 5 years.  

Can you imagine if roles were reversed and Chiefs fans were telling you that Mahomes is better than a 2x MVP, 2x Super Bowl Champion 2x Super Bowl MVP Josh Allen?

The game is about more than stats.  Do you think Matt Ryan is better than John Elway because he has better stats?  

Maybe a thought experiment would help convey my point: If Mahomes--the exact Mahomes who is revered today--were put on the worst team in the NFL and the team, not surprisingly, never made the playoffs, would he still be a HOF player? No way. But it's the same player! Football is a team sport, right? If the Bills had a better kicker, he might be playing Sunday instead of Mahomes. But he, too, would be the same player.

So, no, Mahomes is not unquestionably better. He is arguably better. He is unquestionably on a better team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, finn said:

Maybe a thought experiment would help convey my point: If Mahomes--the exact Mahomes who is revered today--were put on the worst team in the NFL and the team, not surprisingly, never made the playoffs, would he still be a HOF player? No way. But it's the same player! Football is a team sport, right? If the Bills had a better kicker, he might be playing Sunday instead of Mahomes. But he, too, would be the same player.

So, no, Mahomes is not unquestionably better. He is arguably better. He is unquestionably on a better team. 

The worst team in the league would be the Carolina Panthers. 

Mahomes with Thielen, Chark and Hubbard would have been battling for supremacy in the NFC South.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Could Josh go down as the best playoff QB to never win a Superbowl? Who is his competition? Marino and Rivers come to mind.

Usually if you are a great QB then you win a Superbowl. Usually if you are a great QB on a team with a top defense you are guaranteed to win the Superbowl. Bills are really working hard to go against the grain on this one.

Yes, he very well might.  Without a coaching change and new regime that knows how to harness Josh's powers, Josh will never win a SB.  Hell, we have trouble appearing in a championship game, let alone winning it, let alone winning a SB.

That's a lot of elite coaching and game planning needed to do that stuff against the best in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, finn said:

I didn't bother to extrapolate the interceptions, but it's yet another stat that indicates Allen and Mahomes are at least on par.

I'm working on not letting the idiot narratives that Mahomes is unquestionably better, GOAT, the Messiah, etc., get to me. 

Nobody says Mahomes is unquestionably better than Allen. 

Everyone says Reid is unquestionably better than McDermott!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This is not true at all. Tune into any sports shows. It’s not even true among all Bills fans. Some of us can be objective. 

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The worst team in the league would be the Carolina Panthers. 

Mahomes with Thielen, Chark and Hubbard would have been battling for supremacy in the NFC South.

That's not saying much. 

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Everyone says Reid is unquestionably better than McDermott!

Count me in both camps.

I wonder if McDermott realizes he's just not in the front ranks of coaches. Pegula has to decide if it matter or not that he is. In short, is Allen good enough to overcome a middling head coach? 

15 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

He's the best qb period IMO just frustrating that for whatever ever reason they swayed from the perfect game plan on the last drive. We will get them next year. Guess we have to root for the Niners lol. 

For four straight post season exists now in the divisional/conference round the Bills had to have a near perfect offensive performance to win. That is the problem we should be focusing on, not one single play where it is debatable or not if Allen should have thrown to the wide-open receiver in the endzone or the wide-open receiver on the shallow crosser. Not guarantee the Bills get a TD on that drive still if he does dump it short. 

When winning requires AT LEAST 43, 39, 28 and 28 points every single time the Bills play the real competition in the post season, that's a problem. The Chiefs and Ravens just played a far from perfect offensive game on both sides and either team could have won with 20 points. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/29/2024 at 7:18 AM, extrahammer said:

The biggest difference is Mahomes has true offensive experts around him and Josh does not. McD has to fill that gap at some point instead of running each rising OC off. 

We just lost to KC because KC averaged 7.7 yards per play. Yes, it would be great to improve the offense too, but ...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We just lost to KC because KC averaged 7.7 yards per play. Yes, it would be great to improve the offense too, but ...

It's hard for me to stress about that considering we were relying on our 3rd string defense for the most part. I'm a big believer in the 80/20 philosophy. 

11 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

It's hard for me to stress about that considering we were relying on our 3rd string defense for the most part. I'm a big believer in the 80/20 philosophy. 

I agree with this to an extent. on the other hand, it's kind of the same picture we've been looking at for 5 years. And the Chiefs have not looked that good on offense against anyone else as of late. incredibly frustrating. 

we were missing the linebackers, but we had many of our capable players in the defensive backfield. 

14 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

How many teams win the Super Bowl with JA17 as their QB? Pretend coaching doesn’t matter.

Chiefs

Ravens

SF

Lions

Philadelphia

Browns

Steelers

Panthers just kidding 

Rams

Cowboys

Bengals this year

Indy

TB

NO

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:19 AM, Special K said:

In 10 career playoff games, Josh Allen has:

Passer rating of 100.0

64.6 completion percentage

2,723 yards passing, 21 touchdowns and 4 interceptions 

563 rushing yards and 5 TD's

That sounds like the stat line of a multiple Super Bowl Champion..............screw you, Kansas City!!!

Its so frustrating that KC took off at the exact moment that Josh Allen was added to the team and made the Bills contenders. Likely would have followed the same path but beaten BRADY!! Not only that... being the team that handed KC Mahomes. I do not want Mahomes rather than Allen. Love Allen, but wish we had nothing to do with it...

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not taking away anything from Allen's playoff performances, his numbers have been great. But it's worth nothing the following:

5 wins against the following QB's:

- Phillip Rivers (his final NFL game, and a guy people are now comparing Allen too in terms of being a QB that can't win the big games in the playoffs)

- Lamar Jackson (left the game in 3rd quarter due to injury, another guy that also now officially is considered a QB that can't win big games in the playoffs)

- Mac Jones (on his way to career backup/journeyman)

- Skyler Thompson (rookie 3rd string QB that nearly won game)

- Mason Rudolph (3rd string QB thrust into starting lineup because guys ahead him were terrible)

5 Losses

- Mahomes x 3 (best QB in NFL, on track to surpass Brady if they win another SB in a few weeks)

- Burrow (2nd best QB in NFL when healthy and only guy besides Brady to beat Mahomes in postseason game)

- Deshawn Watson (overtime loss but this one on coaching and was Allen's first playoff game)

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm not taking away anything from Allen's playoff performances, his numbers have been great. But it's worth nothing the following:

5 wins against the following QB's:

- Phillip Rivers (his final NFL game, and a guy people are now comparing Allen too in terms of being a QB that can't win the big games in the playoffs)

- Lamar Jackson (left the game in 3rd quarter due to injury, another guy that also now officially is considered a QB that can't win big games in the playoffs)

- Mac Jones (on his way to career backup/journeyman)

- Skyler Thompson (rookie 3rd string QB that nearly won game)

- Mason Rudolph (3rd string QB thrust into starting lineup because guys ahead him were terrible)

5 Losses

- Mahomes x 3 (best QB in NFL, on track to surpass Brady if they win another SB in a few weeks)

- Burrow (2nd best QB in NFL when healthy and only guy besides Brady to beat Mahomes in postseason game)

- Deshawn Watson (overtime loss but this one on coaching and was Allen's first playoff game)

Josh played equal to if not better than Mahomes in at least 2 of the 3 losses vs. the Chefs

I would tend to discount the loss to the Texans, as you said, it was his first playoff experience, and they actually had a decent chance to win that game in the end.

The only playoff game that Josh truly played bad was the Bengals game, but truly the entire team stunk it up that day.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/29/2024 at 2:29 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

I thought I would post this here to as it fits better then where I originally posted it:

It's sad watching & listening to the completely different national takes on Jackson & Allen's games against KC.  Most of the talking heads hate that they have to admit that Jackson played poorly but man are they coming up with excuses none of them would give Allen.

AGREE

*  Excuse 1: Spags was great.  Yes he was but most of the time, including the playoffs, Allen does just fine against Spags D.  I wonder if you asked Spags who between Jackson & Allen is tougher to prepare for and keeps him up at night prior to the game he would say Allen and it's not even close.

AGREE!  I was hoping the Bills would miss the playoffs completely.  BY FAR, they are the toughest out for the Chiefs.  It's not close.

*  Excuse 2: Monken the Raven's OC sucked and didn't run the ball enough.  Wow this one is creative.  No one outside of Allen apologists on 2BD ever call out the coaching as not exactly helping Allen out.  And it is kind of funny that it's viewed as a problem for Jackson when the presumptive MVP QUARTERBACK is asked to throw the ball a lot.

As a Chiefs fan, the idea the Ravens didn't run enough is annoying.  KC was stacking the box and playing a TON of man.  They were all in on stopping the run and inviting the Ravens to throw.  It was intentional on Spags part and a big reason why they didn't run more.  KC has had a top 3 defense all year and all anyone could see was KC's offense struggling to get anything going consistantly all year.  The Bills performed well against our D, as KC was trying to force everything short and wait for Josh to get impatient.  He performed very well up to the last drive when he seemed to finally want to take some shots....Even in earlier points in the game untimely drops ruined some DIMES.  

*  Excuse 3:  Because Mahomes!  I guess because Mahomes was excellent Jackson can't be expected to be great.  You know like Highlander where "there can only be ONE".  But wait Allen and Mahomes have played in multiple games where both have been great.  Aw shut up homer.

Again....Allen shows up in these games, it's not like he's going 15/28 for 175 and 2 INTS in these things.  He's doing all he can at a high level.

*  Excuse 4:  Flowers fumbled at the goal line!  I guess Jackson INT in the end zone means nothing next to this play.  To bad for Flowers that he doesn't play for the Bills.  No one outside of 2BD would be calling out that fumble as having anything to do with Allen sucking and losing he game.  But since blame must be deflected from Jackson throwing it on Flowers makes a lot of sense.

You have to overcome mistakes sometimes.  KC overcame virtually the same mistake VS the Bills.  Jacksons throw into tripple coverage was AWFUL.  There is some audio of Jackson lamenting how things were going in the game.  Really made me think he lacks toughness and leadership skills when things are tough and not quite going his way.  Allen doesn't fold like this.

Oh and some Talking Head's were saying that Jackson may have, GASP, fallen in with the likes of Dak Prescott and Josh Allen in struggling in the playoffs?  Say WHAT! How could anyone but the dumbest Allen hater put him in with those 2 in the playoffs?  Lets see: 

* record: Allen is 5 - 5 versus a combined record of 4 - 9.  Allen has more playoff wins then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

* total TD's: Allen has more total TD's in 10 games then Prescott & Jackson have scored in 13 playoff games COMBINED!

* total TO's:  Allen has fewer playoff turnovers then Prescott & Jackson COMBINED!

Lamar can be stopped with a good defense with the right game plan to bottle him up and make them throw downfield.  Allen isn't one dimensional.  He's the better player by far.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.