2024 WR Draft Class

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Are there any examples of very successful WRs who are Worthy's height and weight — 165 lb at over 5'11"? 

I though he was 178 but that 165 number is not sitting well with me...

Marquise Brown as a rookie was 5’9”, 166 lbs, and ran 4.27. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Are there any examples of very successful WRs who are Worthy's height and weight — 165 lb at over 5'11"? 

I don't think those exact dimensions have ever been done before but Devonta Smith (6'0" 175) and Jordan Addison (5'11" 173) are close. Guys his size generally do not blow up in the NFL and guys with his speed generally do not blow up in the NFL, so he'll be an outlier if he's good. He's definitely talented though, and I say that as someone that does not want him lol.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

Worthy measured 5’11”, not 6’1”, as advertised.

AD Mitchell vs Gabe Davis - Draft Profile Comps

Very similar size but Mitchell is much more athletic - faster, jump higher and farther, etc. 

40 Time - Mitchell 4.34 vs 4.54

10 yd split - Mitchell 1.52 vs 1.56

Vert Jump - Mitchell 39.5 vs 35

Broad Jump - 11'4 vs 10'4

Ht and Wt - Mitchell 6'2, 205 vs 6'2, 216

Hand - Mitchell 9 vs 9 1/4

Arm - Mitchell 32 3/8 vs 32 1/4

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks, guys.

So Marquise Brown is 2 inches shorter and the same weight and Jordan Addison is the same height and 8 lb heavier.

Not a huge history of precedents at this size... And I would argue that 8 lb makes a difference. If it doesn't subtract it from 165 and see if that doesn't scare the hell out of you.

I think this kid could make a lot of big plays but I'd be willing to bet a couple good hits from some NFL safeties might take him out for a while...

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Probably Keon Coleman? But it really depends on what you mean.

There really isn't a metric for "guy who comes open late in an improvisational manner". But Coleman's whole game is a RIDICULOUS win percentage on contested balls.

However, the feeling with that was that he was able to attain that contested catch rate because he can't create separation, thus necessitating a need to win contested.

Then he went to the Combine and ran a 4.65 40. Pretty much confirming it. Although, he looked EXTREMELY good on drills - that drops him for me. 

Coleman can’t separate and only won 33% of contested catches.  I’m not sure why any team would consider him in the first round.  I don’t want him in the second either.  Too many other great WR and more team needs 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Regardless of whether Bills met with him or not, I really enjoyed watching 3 games of Ladd McConkey (Alabama, Auburn, Oregon (22)).  His footwork is amazing.

I know he isn’t an X and the Bills need a big X, but what the Bills really need are good offensive weapons and to my eyes he is a good one.  I’m not saying they should take him, but I would sure understand if they do and then look for another guy to play Davis’ role in a low-end FA or later (maybe Javon Baker if he is around near the 4th).  I would not count on Justin Shorter, but I would not discount him getting some play time at X.

• Like (+1) 2

So far I've only watched Brian Thomas Jr., Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Legette on tape. I hate the fact that Legette looks the best to me out of those 3. Haven't gone in depth yet but he seems to be able to do everything Mitchell and Thomas can do, but far more physical, reminds me of Deebo. Time will tell

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

AD Mitchell vs Gabe Davis - Draft Profile Comps

Very similar size but Mitchell is much more athletic - faster, jump higher and farther, etc. 

40 Time - Mitchell 4.34 vs 4.54

10 yd split - Mitchell 1.52 vs 1.56

Vert Jump - Mitchell 39.5 vs 35

Broad Jump - 11'4 vs 10'4

Ht and Wt - Mitchell 6'2, 205 vs 6'2, 216

Hand - Mitchell 9 vs 9 1/4

Arm - Mitchell 32 3/8 vs 32 1/4

Watch his tape. He can have all of the measurements and still be very underwhelming

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Billsfan4588 said:

So far I've only watched Brian Thomas Jr., Adonai Mitchell and Xavier Legette on tape. I hate the fact that Legette looks the best to me out of those 3. Haven't gone in depth yet but he seems to be able to do everything Mitchell and Thomas can do, but far more physical, reminds me of Deebo. Time will tell

Why would you hate that? Legette is the one almost sure to be there at #28.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Billsfan4588 said:

I really like Legette... I agree with the Deebo thing more as a projection than anything. As in I think Legette can be that kind of weapon for an NFL Offense given some time in the right system. He's a little stiff...Not the most fluid route runner or anything like that...But he could be a walking talking business decision for DB's as a RAC option... The guy looks like he's going to break a million tackles, but he did not do that much in College. He can definitely fly if you give him space and he seems to have really good hands...I think he only had a couple drops in 2023...

None of these players are a finished product, and that goes for Legette too... But get him in the right system used properly and he could be really, really special. B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Billsfan4588 said:

Why do you hate it? Because he's 1 year older than your standard Senior having spent 5 years in College or the 1 season of production?

That's what makes him in play for us, honestly. If he had come out after Year 3 at age 21 instead of Year 5 at 23 and had a big multiyear resume of production - he'd be a sure fire Top 10 pick. 

The NFL is littered with guys who had 1 year of production or guys who had very little production in College and flourished because of their traits and scheme fit.

Picking where we are, you're not going to find a WR with his speed, build, and playmaking ability without a couple questions marks. And in my opinion, the Pros outweigh the Cons.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Well no one has run 4.21 so there’s no one like him.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Why do you hate it? Because he's 1 year older than your standard Senior having spent 5 years in College or the 1 season of production?

That's what makes him in play for us, honestly. If he had come out after Year 3 at age 21 instead of Year 5 at 23 and had a big multiyear resume of production - he'd be a sure fire Top 10 pick. 

The NFL is littered with guys who had 1 year of production or guys who had very little production in College and flourished because of their traits and scheme fit.

Picking where we are, you're not going to find a WR with his speed, build, and playmaking ability without a couple questions marks. And in my opinion, the Pros outweigh the Cons.

I think he’s the most impressive. I get more of an AJ Brown vibe from him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Yeah I don't know of any modern era WR's who are at 175lb range that were full time starters that were successful. 

We need a guy who can come in and start opposite Diggss then take over for him.  A 165lb WR isn't going to do that imho.