2024 WR Draft Class

9 hours ago, ngbills said:

AD Mitchell vs Gabe Davis - Draft Profile Comps

Very similar size but Mitchell is much more athletic - faster, jump higher and farther, etc. 

40 Time - Mitchell 4.34 vs 4.54

10 yd split - Mitchell 1.52 vs 1.56

Vert Jump - Mitchell 39.5 vs 35

Broad Jump - 11'4 vs 10'4

Ht and Wt - Mitchell 6'2, 205 vs 6'2, 216

Hand - Mitchell 9 vs 9 1/4

Arm - Mitchell 32 3/8 vs 32 1/4

I love everything about Mitchell from athleticism to route running. The only question I have is why does he not show up in games as much as Worthy. Does he take plays off or is the QB just missing him? If he loves football and has that Odunze competitiveness I don’t see how he’s not a first round pick and a likely target of ours 

7 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I love everything about Mitchell from athleticism to route running. The only question I have is why does he not show up in games as much as Worthy. Does he take plays off or is the QB just missing him? If he loves football and has that Odunze competitiveness I don’t see how he’s not a first round pick and a likely target of ours 

They both take a lot of plays off. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Interesting. Honest question I haven't watched anything but highlights, did they take plays off in the playoffs? Were they potentially doing it in college to preserve themselves for the pro pay day? Is that a thing?

Edited by MiracleAtRich1393

16 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Interesting. Honest question I haven't watched anything but highlights, did they take plays off in the playoffs? Were they potentially doing it in college to preserve themselves for the pro pay day? Is that a thing?

The game this year against Washington is not in the All 22 database I have access to, but I did watch Mitchell when he played for Georgia in the playoffs and it was the same deal. Part of why I'm kinda skeptical that he was coached to do that at Texas. He was doing it at Georgia while McConkey for example played his ass off.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The game this year against Washington is not in the All 22 database I have access to, but I did watch Mitchell when he played for Georgia in the playoffs and it was the same deal. Part of why I'm kinda skeptical that he was coached to do that at Texas. He was doing it at Georgia while McConkey for example played his ass off.

That is the ONLY thing that worries me about him. He’s a special talent but you can’t teach that Odunze drive. I honestly think 10 years from now we’ll be talking about Odunze over even Harrison because of that dawg trait…so many great WR options in this class. Hopeful Beane makes the right choice early and often this year 

2 hours ago, DJB said:

It’s sImply coaching with Worthy and Mitchell. Both can be coached up to work hard on every snap

It’s possible but I’m not sure I buy that, especially considering Mitchell already played for one of the best coaches in the country/one of the biggest hardasses and still loafs around. Ultimately it’s up to Buffalo to try to figure that out in their interviews but actions speak louder than words. I wouldn’t blame them for taking the chance on one of them. Just isn’t a risk I’d be willing to take in the first round personally. I think once you get past the top 4 WRs, they all have either serious red flags or are perceived to be relatively low ceiling options, so we'll have to take a risk on something. Efforts a tough one for me though.

Edited by DCOrange

Just now, DCOrange said:

It’s possible but I’m not sure I buy that, especially considering Mitchell already played for one of the best coaches in the country/one of the biggest hardasses and still loafs around. Ultimately it’s up to Buffalo to try to figure that out in their interviews but actions speak louder than words. 

You could be right and it also could be a maturity issue as well. Of course I’d rather have a guy that busts his tail every play. 

Even Diggs lately hasn’t been up to snuff in terms of effort on every snap either . 

Going to keep banging the Worthy drum. The more I watch, the more I see how complete his game has been throughout college working with different QBs against top competition. Wins all over the field with not just speed but also incredible route running and even some nice contested catches. The below video is worth a watch. Love his hustle at a little after 17 minutes to recover a fumble after his CB intercepted an underthrown ball. (Also, I think Jordan Whittington, the guy who caused that fumble and was Texas’ third WR option, is a decent mid-to-late-round prospect. Reminds me of a bigger Shakir.) 

Edit: Also beginning to like Tahj Washington out of USC. Anyone have opinions on him?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

I should add that I think including 2018 would mean adding DK Metcalf to the list, so it's not impossible to be good despite this. And even then, 2018-2023 isn't exactly a huge sample.

Edited by DCOrange

16 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

More from 89, some interesting takes from scouts at the combine.

The question about the 14 min mark... He just nails it. And it's great to hear someone of his caliber admit it... B-)

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This is gonna aggravate some folks.  YPRR is a solid indicator on how a WR is going to transition to the NFL. <2 YPRR is bad and doesn't translate well regardless of Combine testing. 

7 hours ago, DJB said:

It’s sImply coaching with Worthy and Mitchell. Both can be coached up to work hard on every snap

I don't know. How do you get that habit out of them?  It goes back to "how will they act once they get Paid"?

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait… We are saying Gauntlet speed is a better indicator than the 40?  This is just talking yourself into something.  In game GPS speed you got my attention.  Position drills at the combine I’am out on.   

14 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Watched one of those Buffalo podcasts yesterday (I think cover1) and someone said that was common in their offense (he was talking about Mitchell) because their plays often went to one side of the field.

Can you please provide more details about what you’ve seen with Worthy taking plays off?

Edit: I urge people concerned about his work ethic to watch Worthy’s recovered fumble play from the video I noted in my above post. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks