2024 WR Draft Class

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not as certain on any of these WRs as some of the people here. Positive or negative. 

This is what every fan and even professional talent evaluators need to always keep in mind. You simply don't know. The best you can hope for is a 50/50 shot with a Round 1 graded WR, and that includes MHJ, Odunze and Nabers. Odds say that 1 of those 3 is going to be a dud. I sure can't tell who.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

HUD,  I have not been as obsessed with a Bills draft in maybe 25 years.  I'm not kidding.  Very interested in 2018 for the QB draft, but just didn't know where we were going to end up.

I can't stop watching videos of WRs.  I know more about some of these prospects than my own child.

And to my kid, boo-hoo, get a better 40 time and maybe you get ice cream.

Go Bills!

An artist’s rendition of the “dad life” goings on over at the Donuts household…

sub-buzz-30622-1497547656-1.png?downsize

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

An artist’s rendition of the “dad life” goings on over at the Donuts household…

sub-buzz-30622-1497547656-1.png?downsize

😁

The funny thing is HUDS, in truth and no lie, we get our Christmas tree on the Monday or Tuesday of Thanksgiving week and and keep (in great shape, too) until just after New Years.

In Donuts' household we consistently get 40 days plus out of our tree.  

We dig Christmas!

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

This is what every fan and even professional talent evaluators need to always keep in mind. You simply don't know. The best you can hope for is a 50/50 shot with a Round 1 graded WR, and that includes MHJ, Odunze and Nabers. Odds say that 1 of those 3 is going to be a dud. I sure can't tell who.

I agree to a degree. It isn’t linear though. They had a draft guy on WGR this morning and he said that these 3 WRs are the 3 highest graded WRs over the last 3 drafts. In other words, they would have been the first one off the board last year or in 2022. I don’t think 1 out of 3 guys with their draft grades bust. They just happen to be in the same draft.Those top 3 guys all grade out favorably to Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Addison, JSN, Flowers, London, Dotson, and Jameson Williams. 

Now if you want to say of: Mitchell, Coleman, Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Legette, etc… 2 or 3 will bust, I’ll buy it. That’s part of the reason that I’m fine with the capital to go all of the way up. By spending the capital you’re all but assuring yourself of production. Now you might not get the best of the 3 but you’ll get a good player. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree to a degree. It isn’t linear though. They had a draft guy on WGR this morning and he said that these 3 WRs are the 3 highest graded WRs over the last 3 drafts. In other words, they would have been the first one off the board last year or in 2022. I don’t think 1 out of 3 guys with their draft grades bust. They just happen to be in the same draft.Those top 3 guys all grade out favorably to Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Addison, JSN, Flowers, London, Dotson, and Jameson Williams. 

Now if you want to say of: Mitchell, Coleman, Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Legette, etc… 2 or 3 will bust, I’ll buy it. That’s part of the reason that I’m fine with the capital to go all of the way up. By spending the capital you’re all but assuring yourself of production. Now you might not get the best of the 3 but you’ll get a good player. 

I have:

1. Harrison

2. Nabers

=3. Odunze and Olave 

But agree it is not crazy to think these are the best 3 over the last 3 drafts combined. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I suppose I should have included in detail that one of them may "bust" due to a random major injury as well. But yes, good point on the overall grades of the top 3 this year!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I love JT Clark out of UTSA as a late round/UDFA guy. Everything you look for but has had some big time injuries so his Medicals have kept him from testing/2023 season. 

Might have to go the way of Ivan Pace from last year. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not as certain on any of these WRs as some of the people here. Positive or negative. 

And info is very sketchy/unreliable on the intangibles - attitude/personality/demeanor/intelligence.  I don't want another diva but it is hard to know without more information who those are.  Makes the second round pickups a little more appealing to me - the McConkey/Coleman/Legette/Franklin crew.