Tua vs. Dak , who gets the bigger new contract this offseason?

Chaos

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

Tua. Jerry Jones is cheap. Remember the Ezekiel Elliot episode? LOL

Yeah I can't see Jerry keeping Dak and McCarthy if they fail to produce again next year. Instead see if can develop Lance or grab a QB to pair with him. Tua and McDaniel could be gone in Miami after next season too. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/tua-tagovailoa-broncos-dolphins-trade-proposal-mock

Broncos get: Tua Tagovailoa, No. 137 pick

• Dolphins get: Justin Fields, No. 81 pick, Broncos 2025 second-round pick

• Bears get: No. 182 pick, Dolphins 2025 third-round pick, Broncos 2025 sixth-round pick

If that trade happens it's a good deal for all teams. 

6 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/tua-tagovailoa-broncos-dolphins-trade-proposal-mock

• Bears get: No. 182 pick, Dolphins 2025 third-round pick, Broncos 2025 sixth-round pick

That's a really bad deal for Miami.  Tua is still the best QB they've had in a long time.  To trade that away for a castoff and some mid-tier draft value...no,  Miami would never go for that. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

That's a really bad deal for Miami.  Tua is still the best QB they've had in a long time.  To trade that away for a castoff and some mid-tier draft value...no,  Miami would never go for that. 

I think Fields would be a good fit. More mobile than Tua and has a better arm. 

14 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

No cold-weather team would ever trade for Tua, given his track record in anything above swimsuit weather.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Tua vs. Dak , who gets the bigger new contract this offseason?

Will either become the NFL's top paid QB?

Hoping Tua is paid like a king, with the biggest contract ever--he deserves it!

And then, less money the other fish for years...

He is soo scary, has McDermott's number obviously, and deserves at least 45-50 million a year, guaranteed.

But Jerry is old and afraid of dying before he gets a his non-Jimmy (never going to happen)  SB victory, so will likely pay ol' Zak @ 50 million a year.  Yikes.

Sad, as I think Jerry has to know that Zak is incapable of winning a big game, let alone the Super Bowl.

Edited by Mister Defense

I hope they both get absolutely top money, then their respective teams will be screwed for years, wouldn’t that be really cool, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

it’s also to avoid the cap hit though. It’s a reality that tua on a rookie deal is valuable. Tua handed 250m becomes much less valuable 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I think Fields would be a good fit. More mobile than Tua and has a better arm. 

But I think far less touch, not as able to make reads, etc…  just not a great scheme for unless McDaniel were to rework it. He could apply pressure on a defense with him though I guess. 

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Terrible deal for Mia imo

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Dang is it time for Dak to get a new contract already?  Well he has a no franchise tag clause in his contract so Dallas pays him or they lose him.

He'd be a nice backup for Josh!!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Tua. Jerry Jones is cheap. Remember the Ezekiel Elliot episode? LOL

Agreed.  Ross will just flimflam investors with some mutual fund schemes to write a blank cheque for Tua.  Jerry has always put me in mind of the guy walking the stadium aisles after the game, picking up lost change.

Send $8 for more of my 'Hot Takes and Mistakes' newsletter. 😁

13 hours ago, chongli said:

Neither. Trevor Lawrence will be.

Which sucks since the only noteworthy thing he’s done in his career is be on the other end of one of the greatest chokes in playoff history 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.