Tua vs. Dak , who gets the bigger new contract this offseason?

Chaos

13 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/tua-tagovailoa-broncos-dolphins-trade-proposal-mock

Broncos get: Tua Tagovailoa, No. 137 pick

• Dolphins get: Justin Fields, No. 81 pick, Broncos 2025 second-round pick

• Bears get: No. 182 pick, Dolphins 2025 third-round pick, Broncos 2025 sixth-round pick

If that trade happens it's a good deal for all teams. 

How is it a good deal for Miami? They downgrade at QB with no obvious way of getting an upgrade in terms of the picks etc.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/tua-tagovailoa-broncos-dolphins-trade-proposal-mock

• Bears get: No. 182 pick, Dolphins 2025 third-round pick, Broncos 2025 sixth-round pick

This is a terrible deal for all three teams. Miami will not give up the guy who lead the league in passing and had 30 Tds for a guy that has 44 Tds in 3 years and late 2 and 3. That is insane. Tua has plenty of flaws, but he is far better than Fields

Fields sucks. He has gone up from 58%-61% completion in 3 years. He has 54 total TDs in 3 years. He averaged 208 yards passing this year (I'm not counting the game he got hurt) and 50 yards a game rushing. This year he had guys like DJ Moore and Cole Kmet. At some point he needs to show why he went 11th overall. 

14 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I think Fields would be a good fit. More mobile than Tua and has a better arm. 

But he cant throw the ball with any consistency 

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

Tua vs. Dak , who gets the bigger new contract this offseason?

Will either become the NFL's top paid QB?

I am not a fan of either qb, I would think Dak will be the higher paid player of the two.

Dolphins could tagTua and give him one more year to develop.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

16 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Doesn't make sense for the Bears

17 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's not much of a return for the Bears, who saw Fields really developing in the second half of this past season.  I think you're assuming the Bears will draft a new QB with their #1 pick, and that might happen, but there's a lot of uncertainty about what the Bears will do.  If they do decide to part ways with Fields, I think they can get quite a bit more for him in a 2-team trade with some team desperate for a QB.  

And I think that's slanted in the Dolphins favor.  A starting QB plus a third plus a second?  That's a lot of return for a QB that can't compete in the cold.  Which Denver is, of course.  Tua is in exactly the best available position for him.  He's an accurate passer with good receiving weapons.  If the Dolphins can upgrade/repair their O line, Tua will do OK where he is.  No other team has the ideal environment for his skills and his limitations.  

18 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Denver is not that stupid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.