Mr. Pegula please read Tyler Dunne’s newest article

11 hours ago, iccrewman112 said:

this is a ridiculous approach. Apply this to anything in life and tell me how it works out.

Is this a technique to use with your marriage partner? “Hey we’re married but I’m going to go look for other partners, but we’re going to stay married unless I find someone that I think is better than you.” 

I told my wife last night I am looking for better options but if I don't find any she stays.  She was toooooooooootally fine with it

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I give Vrabel a pass on the AJ Brown stuff. Based on what is going down with Brown in Philly, I think they got out in front selling a potentially toxic asset. There is something fishy there and Vrabel and his brainstrust somehow kept it quiet. I would hire Vrabel in a second. He holds the players accountable and is abrasive. We need some of that around here. The biggest difference in his wins vs. McDermott's is that Vrabel won with Ryan freakin Tannehill. 

What did Vrabel win?

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thank you for clarifying this.

You're welcome.  Although my own paraphrase may not be exact either.  If you want to hear it for yourself you can goto my thread.  Part two video right about 15 minutes in.  Honestly the entire thing is worth the watch but it will take you an hour.  For that specific play though 15 minutes in roughly on part two.

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Okay, that’s fine. 

It’s also fair to say that this year was probably one of his better coaching jobs. Hard to fire a guy who pulled the team out of the (fire) like that.

I didn't mention it but I do agree McD is a good coach. I just think he's not good enough to win a SB. 

I don't like the idea of praising him for pulling the team out of the fire when he was the primary reason we were in the fire to begin with. The losses to the Patriots, Broncos, and Eagles were overwhelmingly due to poor defense and coaching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

@Scott7975I just tried to post a freeze frame of that play, showing just as Josh is releasing the ball, but by the time I shrunk the pic to allow it, it was garbage. LOL

In any case, just as JA is releasing the ball, Shakir is really wide open, and would have got the pass 20 yards past the LOS, and the nearest guy is 8 yards away......while Diggs is basically covered. The safety is actually running behind Diggs when the ball is released.

Again, 62 yards in the air, on a cold & windy NIGHT. As I stated earlier, I'm really curious to know if Diggs even saw the ball early enough to make the catch.

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ty Dunne knows where his bread is buttered: appealing to frustrated fans by telling them what they want to hear, that someone must pay for not getting them the candy they were promised.

I disagree.  Dunne is explaining to fans what they already have seen.  Look I don't trust any Journalist on almost any topic.  But whatever ax Dunne has to grind with McD his observations line up with what I've seen over the last few years and the comments that McD has made both in season and in the off season.  All Dunne is doing for me is to provide additional info and a broader perspective.

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

@Scott7975I just tried to post a freeze frame of that play, showing just as Josh is releasing the ball, but by the time I shrunk the pic to allow it, it was garbage. LOL

In any case, just as JA is releasing the ball, Shakir is really wide open, and would have got the pass 20 yards past the LOS, and the nearest guy is 8 yards away......while Diggs is basically covered. The safety is actually running behind Diggs when the ball is released.

Again, 62 yards in the air, on a cold & windy NIGHT. As I stated earlier, I'm really curious to know if Diggs even saw the ball early enough to make the catch.

Just like how Knox was wide open for a 20 yard gain in 2021  and Allen ignored him to throw a 75 TD pass to Davis.  #1 NFL WR's have to make that catch at least 19 times out of 20 throws.

As to whether or not Diggs lost the ball or never saw it until it was on his hands we'll never know because he left before answering any questions.

3 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I think he hit the nail right on the head...He made some very telling points and I feel they were irrefutable 

I disagree and there are multiple examples in the sports world where firing a successful hc who always has the team winning but not quite there for a championship has worked and produced said championship from the new guy.....you just have to get the new guy right...and there is some Big name coaches available.....for example fire McDermott and go get Belichick....you gonna tell me Belichick with a top oc isn't gonna win it all with allen? I find that hard to believe bc we all have seen the Belichick process ..McDermott is a great value Belichick 

Belichick? Lol

20 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

I'm all in favor of this!  But you don't do it that way.  You don't tell McDermott "hey we might fire you in a few weeks, but if we don't find anyone better, we'll keep you!"

Imagine saying that to your current girlfriend.

What Pegula should be doing, perhaps with Beane's help depending on how he wants to do it, is to be sniffing around on the quiet, and see if there is genuine interest in the Bills on the part of the candidate.

Get BB down to Pegula's 10,000 sq.ft. palace in Boca and wine and dine him for a day or 2....and see if him coming to Buffalo could be a real thing. 

If not, BB gets in some fishing down here and hangs out in a glorious house, though he probably has one of his own! 

LOL

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Yes, I am quite sure the self made billionaire will take his advice in a Bills Coach from a failed journalist.  Makes perfect sense.

Not sure how bright you are, but Ty Dunne is most certainly not a "failed journalist."

In fact, he enjoys quite an excellent reputation around the NFL inner circle.  

I guess he wrote some bad things about your HC so now you've decided he is a failed journalist.

Writing it doesn't make it so!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm all in favor of this!  But you don't do it that way.  You don't tell McDermott "hey we might fire you in a few weeks, but if we don't find anyone better, we'll keep you!"

Imagine saying that to your current girlfriend.

What Pegula should be doing, perhaps with Beane's help depending on how he wants to do it, is to be sniffing around on the quiet, and see if there is genuine interest in the Bills on the part of the candidate.

Get BB down to Pegula's 10,000 sq.ft. palace in Boca and wine and dine him for a day or 2....and see if him coming to Buffalo could be a real thing. 

If not, BB gets in some fishing down here and hangs out in a glorious house, though he probably has one of his own! 

LOL

Not sure how bright you are, but Ty Dunne is most certainly not a "failed journalist."

In fact, he enjoys quite an excellent reputation around the NFL inner circle.  

I guess he wrote some bad things about your HC so now you've decided he is a failed journalist.

Writing it doesn't make it so!

Hell of a way to make a point, calling someone stupid.  How old are you?

Ty Dunne has been fired by the Buffalo News, fired by Bleacher Report, and now peddles a third rate blog.  He has no credentials with any NFL team or media organization.  He is the definition of failed journalist.  For what it is worth,  I had no respect for him before his McDermott screed.  Excellent reputation in “NFL Circles” ?  Do tell.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

Why should we listen to TD? Has he actually done something in his life that lends credibility? Has he coached…played…managed? Oh….he is another internet media guy with all the answers…..which makes him just another douche…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe Josh should have thrown over the middle.  The thing is that reads are a split second decision. Josh seen Diggs one on one. He saw him get open. There is a timing to that. If Josh comes off him to check someone else, there is no going back.  If Shakir isn't open there then what?  Diggs was open.

I think people nitpick too much.  Its easy to play armchair QB when you can pause.  Its easy to play armchair when there is no pressure on you and you can just look at each receiver over and over and paused and what have you.  Its not the same as looking from behind the pocket with bodies flying around and you have 3 seconds or less to find you guy and deliver the ball.

Allen has a special talent.  That talent is not the same talent as Tom Brady or Kurt Warner.

First off, Diggs was one on one, but he was not open when JA made the decision to throw him the ball. Go back and look at the video again. When JA releases the ball, the safety is actually running behind Diggs. Yes, when the ball finally gets there, Diggs is (barely) behind the safety, but the safety is right there, about one foot away.

Everybody touts JA as one of the top 3 QBs in the league, so shouldn't his decision-making be better, at this point, what, 5-6 years into his career? Throughout this season we've half-jokingly wondered whether we'd see "Good Josh" or "Bad Josh."

Finally, what makes JA different than Tom Brady or Kurt Warner is his running abilty. But JA still has a ways to go before he equals those 2 guys on reading defenses and making the right decision regarding where to throw the ball. The play we're discussing here perfectly illustrates the latter.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't care about Ty Dunne and I think it's pretty obvious that he is writing hit pieces on McDermott because it's good for business.

But I will say I think you can summarize McDermott as a head coach with one play - giving the ball to Hamlin on a fake punt in a critical moment of a playoff game. That is who McDermott is. He makes decisions that are safe and comfortable and warm. He makes decisions rooted in emotion and a misguided belief in destiny. That's nice for the Disney channel. For the National Football League it's a joke. I don't want a coach that thinks he's the star of a feel good sports movie. I want a coach that understands he's going to war.

Not a huge McD fan, but this reads like you have been huffing paint. 😮

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

First off, Diggs was one on one, but he was not open when JA made the decision to throw him the ball. Go back and look at the video again. When JA releases the ball, the safety is actually running behind Diggs. Yes, when the ball finally gets there, Diggs is (barely) behind the safety, but the safety is right there, about one foot away.

Everybody touts JA as one of the top 3 QBs in the league, so shouldn't his decision-making be better, at this point, what, 5-6 years into his career? Throughout this season we've half-jokingly wondered whether we'd see "Good Josh" or "Bad Josh."

Finally, what makes JA different than Tom Brady or Kurt Warner is his running abilty. But JA still has a ways to go before he equals those 2 guys on reading defenses and making the right decision regarding where to throw the ball. The play we're discussing here perfectly illustrates the latter.

Diggs was open. Im not doing pics right now.  Warner even says "I get it, Diggs is open right here."  Its one play dude, I am not going in circles with you.  Have more things in life to worry about.

Because he is one of the top QBs in the league.  If you don't think so then I think we are done discussing.  Pretty much anybody respectable will tell you he is a top QB.  Someone not named Nick Write hoping for clicks and weak minded Dolphin/Chiefs fans.  Good Josh/Bad Josh is something fans made up in their head.  All QBs have bad days.

What made Brady/Warner special was the ability to read and identify stuff quickly and throw a quick accurate ball.  What makes Josh special is his running ability, his uncanny ability for extending the play, cannon for an arm, and the ability to get the ball anywhere on the field at any time.  You see Brady or Warner running to the sideline and wipping out a 30 yard pass across their body on the one inch mark?  No.  There is a lot more special and different about Josh and those two guys.  If you don't see the difference you either haven't been watching, you can't identify what you are looking at, or you're just looking for a disingenuous conversation.  I could write an essay on the differences but come on bro.  You know the differences.  The reason those guys don't throw to Diggs there is because they don't have the ability to throw to Diggs there.  65 yards in the swirling winds and dropped it on the damn money.

I apologize if I sound a little dickish.  Had a bad day.  I don't mean it.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In which facets did he outcoach him? To my eye Mahomes took two deeper shots to MVS (who I am not a massive fan of) and he came up with tricky but makeable catches. Josh put three deep balls in at least as good a spot for Diggs and Sherfield x2 and they didn't come down with the ball. That and the kicking reliability was the difference in the football game much more than any coaching advantage IMO. 

Talking mainly Chiefs offense (Reid) vs. Bills defense (McDermott). The difference may have simply been player execution. But Chiefs offense moved the ball at will. To put Klein on Kelce was mind-boggling. Reid also took advantage of Bills' base nickel D by putting in three tight ends on running all over them. 

Yards per Play:

Chiefs - 7.7

Bills - 4.7

That's a significant difference. Bills were very fortunate they were a FG attempt away from tying under 2 minutes to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Thinking of telling my wife, "I'm still married to you... but I'm going to start looking at other options. If I don't find any, then I guess I'll stay married to you a little longer."

It's going to work out great. I'm sure she'll understand and be cool with it. So will my daughter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.