Beane & McDermott end of season press conferences

Process

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I have have a few opinions about McD and Beane.  

McD & Beane are obviously out of their minds if they thinks tweaking the roster gets us over the top.  This guy said again in the press conference "The Process"  Your F***ing process no longer works for this team.

Wake the hell up, your process is broken.  You have had 7 years as a coach and you have not been able to elevate this team to the next level a AFCCG win.  The first two years are sadly forgivable due to player turnover from the Doug Whaley & Rex Ryan era. 

1) They can not beat Reid & KC or Mahomes and they never will in the playoffs.   His attitude about little tweaks is the reason why he is not the right coach to take this team to the next level.  You don't tweak what is broken, broken items are replaced.  This teams future will remain just broken promises as long as these two guys are in control.

2) His lack of coaching expertise on this team to reach its maximum potential is just pathetic.  He had 7 years to find implement a championship level style of football play, our OC's and DC's that coach this team have failed to win this team a Super Bowl, and its the same excuses and crap every year, losing to the elite teams in the playoffs even when you have the home field advantage.  A NFL analyst this week hit it 100% right on top of the head.  Beane and McD have not given Josh any help to even out the teams balance on offence. It was in 2014 Buffalo last took a WR in the 1st round Sammy Watkins.  No number two's or three's either in the last 5 years.  They only 2nd round pick at WR was Zay Jones in 2017 who is now long gone.  Not one true game changing receiver drafted by this team to help take the load off Allen, accept for Digg's.  Digg's right now is a shell of what he was last year. 

When you get punched in the mouth by a bully, year after year, and you do nothing to stop it from happening to you again, you deserve what you get.

This team with McD and Beane at the helm is turning us into the Dallas Cowboys of the AFC.  They are a good team but they will never be great.    Anyone who thinks this team will have success winning a SB with McD as coach and Beane pulling the strings as GM, are in for a huge disappointment.

This team is destined for only trying to win the division every year,  nothing more without drastic changes.   McD at the press conference was more concerned about the streak of 5 plus seasons with 10 wins.  Not the fact that 7 years has passed and this team has not won a AFCCG to advance to a Super bowl.

McD and Beane are entrenched on being just a winning team and not a championship winning team.

Didn’t read the whole thing. But you don’t think they can beat Mahomes and Reid after their last two playoff meetings? Those games go either way.

This isn’t Jimmy Johnson dominating Marv Levy.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Didn’t read the whole thing. But you don’t think they can beat Mahomes and Reid after their last two playoff meetings? Those games go either way.

This isn’t Jimmy Johnson dominating Marv Levy.

No they cant, this is the weakest KC has been in years on offense and they still could not beat them even playing at home.  This was the year to beat them when it counts in the playoffs, and playing at home and they lost again... The regular season means squat..  What you do in the postseason is what matters.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

No they cant, this is the weakest KC has been in years on offense and they still could not beat them even playing at home.  This was the year to beat them when it counts in the playoffs, and playing at home and they lost again... The regular season means squat..  What you do in the postseason is what matters.

They definitely could’ve and should’ve beat KC. That’s why people want a coaching change. KC is not that much better, it’s a few plays here and there.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

2 hours ago, Julio Hopkins said:

Everyone is talking about the Diggs drop but I’m not seeing anyone talk about both of Sherfield’s big drops.  

Sherfield shouldn’t have gotten so many damn reps this season.  Receiver was a position of need going into the season and proved to be a position of need going into the trade deadline.  Beane sat on his hands and traded for a corner.  These guys can say whatever they want in their press conferences.  What they actually do shows they don’t understand how to win.  

In fairness, Sherfields first drop was clearly DPI missed by the official. DB had his arm so he couldn’t get 2 hands on the ball. 

Burns me that they let this one go, but called a dpi on 42 that clearly wasn’t dpi. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Does Josh still need this level of micromanagement after 6 years ? 

If Allen threw in the endzone, it's because we told him he can.

If it's clear for a HC in that kind of situation, it will be clear for your Elite QB and all players. 

It wasnt clear at all, it's the least i can say.

I understand Mcdermott. We talk about a good HC and an Elite QB.

It was like: I dont know what to do, i hope my Elite QB will.

It was the samething with our defense in this 13 seconds. Nothing was clear.

It's a pattern now.

An Elite QB dosent need an Elite HC in season. Just a good one and we will have a good chance to be in the playoff at the end of the season.

Against the best when it counts the most, he will. It will be the difference between a W or a L.

It's a pattern like i said. It's pretty clear if we just take a little step back.

I will wear my red roses glasses again next year and hoping i am wrong. It's the best i can do as a fan.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you talking about the defense that was so good it allowed 3 teams that were trailing with less then 2 minutes to go in the game to come back and win?  And 2 of those teams had horrible offenses and QB's.  The most important job a D has is to hold a lead given them by the O in the last 2 minutes of a game.

No, I'm talking about the D that had to get 4 turnovers and a TD to beat NE at home.  Or the team that had to stop the Giants at home in primetime because the offense put up 14 points.  Or the D that had to defend Tampa on a hail mary because the offense 7 points in the entire second half.  

The games we lost (other than Philly) was because the offense was terrible even though the D held up.

9 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

So this means we they have no chance to ever beat them…… 🤣 

9 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

In fairness, Sherfields first drop was clearly DPI missed by the official. DB had his arm so he couldn’t get 2 hands on the ball. 

Burns me that they let this one go, but called a dpi on 42 that clearly wasn’t dpi. 

Hochuli strikes again 

• Agree 2

Made it through McDermott’s, nothing much to take from it.

Listening to Beane, maybe he is still got in-season mode on, but when asked about the TE room going forward he answered by stating Kincaid and Knox give Brady a lot of options/versatility.

Point being, I think Brady may already be a lock for OC.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

4. I think for the first time a reporter asked Beane if he could fire McD and now we all know what we excepted only Terry can pull that trigger. 

That's not really that good a question, it's really obvious, no GM can fire the HC, it's always an ownership decision.

From The Atheltic:

Chiefs cornerback Trent McDuffie shrugged when asked what their secondary did to lock up Diggs.

“Honestly, I feel like it was what they was doing,” McDuffie said. “They were trying to run the ball. They put big personnel in. I think they figured we were going to double him tonight, which we didn’t.”

The Chiefs didn’t need to use double coverage because they were confident in L’Jarius Sneedfollowing Diggs around. The Bills moved Diggs into different spots in the formation, but it didn’t yield better results.

“We put LJ on him and it was over with,” Chiefs safety Justin Reid said.

“He knew what was up,” Sneed said. “He knew he wasn’t going to get the ball a lot. He wasn’t frustrated.”

Dear Beane, we need a young, big, fast and physical WR1 in the mold of DK Metcalf. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

No, I'm talking about the D that had to get 4 turnovers and a TD to beat NE at home.  Or the team that had to stop the Giants at home in primetime because the offense put up 14 points.  Or the D that had to defend Tampa on a hail mary because the offense 7 points in the entire second half.  

The games we lost (other than Philly) was because the offense was terrible even though the D held up.

Again we lost 3 games when the O gave the D the lead with less then 2 minutes left on the clock. 

Sure the D won a couple of games as did the O.  But given the uneven allocation of resources over the last 5 years the D should be winning a lot more games then the offense.  And in the playoff losses the O has played in all those games except one.  In contrast the defense has been awful in every playoff loss.

4 minutes ago, Brand J said:

From The Atheltic:

Dear Beane, we need a young, big, fast and physical WR1 in the mold of DK Metcalf. Thank you.

And we've needed one for the last 3 years.  Their refusal to get this hugely valuable piece (D Hopp anyone?) for Allen and the Offense has been a case of football malpractice.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, phypon said:

I don't like this guy.  I don't think he's a good dude.  Was it last year or the year before when he barked at a question about injuries and said something to the effect of "I have faith in every player on this team!!".  This year, "we weren't as healthy as I would have liked to be".  Which is it dude?  F this guy.  The best word to describe him is "inconsistent". Full of excuses and passes blame onto others.  He even said Josh is maturing and he's getting there.  Really?  How about keep that one to yourself, just sounds like more blame and excuses.  I can see why so many people are fed up with him. 

So that makes total sense ! He has faith in the players (starters & Depth) that are practicing to be depth players (Next man up) if he didn't they wouldn't be there RIGHT ? And this year & last they did a decent job just not like their pro bowlers would have done or did while they were playing before getting hurt . 

And although you have depth players why in the hell wouldn't you want the team in general to be healthier when you have 4 pro bowl players at critical positions in order to be a great D hurt ?????

You want your pro bowl players on the field period, so after 3 of them going down and 1 trying to get back to full strength from a ACL injury on a pitch count and even a healthy scratch at 1 point that's wrong to think you would rather have them healthy & not hurt ????? 

Sorry but i in no way understand your opinion of him .

Here's a argument about his being Inconsistent in his 7 years as HC ???

5+ years of 10 or more wins, 4 AFC east titles, 5 straight play off berths & 6 out of his 7 years while HC in the play offs, yep his consistency just flat out SUCKS !!!! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McDeSe0.htm

Listening to McDermott’s press conference, I am reminded of this passage from Moby Dick:

“Ahab is forever Ahab, man. This whole act's immutably decreed. 'Twas rehearsed by thee and me a billion years before this ocean rolled. Fool! I am the Fates' lieutenant; I act under orders.”

We all know what is coming next year, the Bills will either crash and burn in the season or early in the playoffs and McDermott will come back and say we are close. 

Nothing changes if nothing is changed.

Edited by enoff
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

Sounds like Micah Hyde isn't going to be returning. I don't remember the exact quote, but he said something like "before the game when they announced the players out of the tunnel that it might be the last time Hydes name called at home."

Toss in his wife put out a goodbye letter on Instagram either yesterday or this morning. I'm sorry to lose him, I just hope we can find a replacement sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

So this means we they have no chance to ever beat them…… 🤣 

Hochuli strikes again 

Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have such a higher level of excellence at this point it is foolish to even theorize that our team with our coaching will ever out duel them in the playoffs.  They did not make any mistakes that cost them the game and we did, and this time it was on our own home field.  This trend has been this way for three playoff games vs KC in the last 4 years.  Not leaving out the ass whooping the Bengals gave us last year too.

Patrick Mahomes playing in Buffalo made every play he needed to make, to win that game.  KC had 47 snaps and included three kneel downs in this game.  We had the time of possession edge, play count edge and we still lost. Our Defense could not stop them, our coaching could not stop them, our offense could not out score them, and our special teams could not compete and perform at the highest level when asked of them.

Josh Allen did not make every play he had to have to win this game, neither did our receivers or our special teams players.   Sad but true.

This almost proves my point, Josh Allen has to play at the highest level of any other NFL player for this team to win.  There is no other team that relies so much on one player to win.  Why??  Because Beane and McD have given no elite talent for the offense & Josh to utilize.  Cook is good but he no Christen McCaffery, Kincaid has potential but we don't have a OC that utilizes him to his full potential.

Diggs is on the decline and there are many other receivers out there that are out performing him right now, Diggs was not even in the top 10 receivers, stat wise this year. There is no other player on our offense that I would even make a case for as elite.  Shakir is being used as a 3rd option behind Gabe, and Gabe is just too unreliable.

So long as McD and Beane are in charge we loose to KC every time in the post season until something drastically changes with our personnel or Andy Reid retires, and Mahomes literally looses all of his offensive weapons.  Because their player personnel is always better than ours when it matters the most, in the post season.  The facts are in black and white and undisputable at this point.  They are 3-0 against us in playoff elimination games in the Josh Allen era.

KC in the playoffs vs McD, Beane and Josh are the superior team.  Until drastic changes happen to this team this trend will continue.

Beane & McD tweaking the personnel has not worked in 7 years.  So now it will just magically & automatically work for us in 2024 with tweaks??   Please....get real.

KC & Reid & Mahomes > Buffalo & McD & Allen.

Like I said you can't dispute this.  Winning as team is all that matters, and KC as a whole continues to do this better in the playoffs than Buffalo does.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, T master said:

So that makes total sense ! He has faith in the players (starters & Depth) that are practicing to be depth players (Next man up) if he didn't they wouldn't be there RIGHT ? And this year & last they did a decent job just not like their pro bowlers would have done or did while they were playing before getting hurt . 

And although you have depth players why in the hell wouldn't you want the team in general to be healthier when you have 4 pro bowl players at critical positions in order to be a great D hurt ?????

You want your pro bowl players on the field period, so after 3 of them going down and 1 trying to get back to full strength from a ACL injury on a pitch count and even a healthy scratch at 1 point that's wrong to think you would rather have them healthy & not hurt ????? 

Sorry but i in no way understand your opinion of him .

Here's a argument about his being Inconsistent in his 7 years as HC ???

5+ years of 10 or more wins, 4 AFC east titles, 5 straight play off berths & 6 out of his 7 years while HC in the play offs, yep his consistency just flat out SUCKS !!!! 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McDeSe0.htm

I've already posted about the titles in a another thread, so I'm not going to reiterate it here.  It's not the accomplishment you make it out to be.  

With how he played Klein, he clearly doesn't trust his young players.  

The only thing consistent is his D not coming through in the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

This is what kills us. We squander opportunity. 

The entire season we coach to make the playoffs and our systems are good enough. In the playoffs our systems need to be better or change.  You watch KC's D get better as they also win.  They find ways to get Jones and McDuffy and defenders who are physical and make them a tough team to play.  They play tight coverage where you have to earn every yard. Playoff football.  Meanwhile we draft in similar spots and find pretenders who don't match their draft status.  We draft non physical finesse type players who fit a system instead of changing style and adapting to what is needed.  Meanwhile you go years ignoring the side of the ball you should have focused on in the first place.

My question is who dictates the type of players we go after. I suspect the coach mostly and the GM tries to satisfy his request for what type of player.  Together they have to look in the mirror and do and honest appraisal of how they constructed this team.  I don't think this happens for Beane because he sees the team through McD's rose colored glasses. To him we are almost there.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

That's not true. Some organizations have the HC report to the GM or Pressient of Operations or whatever title they have. 

It doesn't matter the GM is never going to have the authority to fire the HC without ownership signing off on it, the question is pointless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.