Your Dream Offseason?

GM Brandon Beane

Head Coach - Bill Belichick 
OC - Eric Bieniemy
DC - Mike Vrabel 

UFA - Derrick Henry

Draft -  Round 1 & Round 2  WR's 

This is remotely realistic....but you never know?  

This would give us a truly dynamic offense 

2 RB Henry, Cook

2 TE  Kincaid Knox

4 WR  Diggs (?) Round 1,  Shakir,  Round 2 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Derrick Henry would be a great pick up for us. Especially if Joe Brady still plans to run his balanced attack. A 1-2 punch with Cook and Henry would be lethal. 

Not even going to entertain Belichick and Bieniemy cause it ain’t happening. Nor should it. The Bills are a championship caliber defense when healthy and we just weren’t when we needed to be vs. Mahomes. At 6-6 McDermott took a duct tape defense and made chicken salad out of chicken shyt and still won the division . 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Bill knows how to win when he has an elite level franchise QB. We also wouldn't be getting outcoached by the likes of Reid but it's not happening. McDermott will be back in 2024.

I wonder if Bill has been waiting to see what would happen with us in the playoffs.  Let's say he calls Pegula and expresses interest in coming here. Maybe it's being discussed. My concern would be....I only want Bill to coach. No GM duties for him 

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Derrick Henry would be a great pick up for us. Especially if Joe Brady still plans to run his balanced attack. A 1-2 punch with Cook and Henry would be lethal. 

Not even going to entertain Belichick and Bieniemy cause it ain’t happening. Nor should it. The Bills are a championship caliber defense when healthy and we just weren’t when we needed to be vs. Mahomes. At 6-6 McDermott took a duct tape defense and made chicken salad out of chicken shyt and still won the division . 

Some good points for sure!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ty Johnson was a good RB 2 and is way younger.

We're obviously not firing McDermott, the OC barring him getting hired as a HC somewhere will be Brady, as to DC don't see Vrabel wanting to move backwards. Honestly for DC I didn't really hate McDermott doing it once he had someone competent calling them opposite him taking the pressure off, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone moved into that role this offseason.

• Agree 3

Mike Evans someway somehow 

QB Josh, whoever Josh wants;

RB Cook, Ty Johnson, 7th rounder, cheap vet;

FB cheap vet;

TE Kincaid, Knox, Morris

WR Evans, Shakir, 1st round WR, Shorter, cheap vet

OL everybody back plus late draft pick 

DL Rousseau, Oliver, Reader, Von, Gross Matos, 2nd rounder, 4th rounder, vet depth, vet depth;

LB Bernard, Milano, Williams, Spector, Dodson if he’s cheap;

CB Douglass, Benford, Elam, 6th rounder;

nickel Taron, Chinn;

Safety Poyer, Chinn, 3rd rounder, Rapp if he’s cheap 

kicker Bass and 6th rounder

punter 5th rounder 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

GM Brandon Beane

OC - Eric Bieniemy
DC - Mike Vrabel 

UFA - Derrick Henry

2 RB Henry, Cook

2 TE  Kincaid Knox

Diggs is finished. I was a huge supporter, but I think it’s time to move on. 

Since we're dreaming...

I hope Beane has the best draft ever seen in the history of the NFL: a couple of Pro Bowl receivers, two Pro Bowl offensive linemen, a Pro Bowl edge, a Pro Bowl CB, and a Pro Bowl safety.  Do we even have that many picks?  

On the coaching front, Kyle Shanahan steps down from his HC position to take over as Bills OC.  Brady, happy to learn from an offensive guru of his caliber, drops down to coach QBs again.   

Michael Pittman in free agency 

Adoni Mitchell in the draft 

Dequan resigned 

Gabe to sign with the Giants and see the difference between Josh Allen and Daniel Jones at least so his mom can see it 

A new special teams coach

Competition for our 20 million dollar kicker 

young blood  in the draft on the DL and Secondary 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

QB - Allen  

RB - Cook / Henry / Johnson

WR - Diggs / RD1 / RD2 / Shakir / Isabella / Shorter

OT - Dawkins / Brown / Van Demark

OG - McGovern / Torrence / Edwards / Anderson

C - Morse / Bates

TE - Kincaid / Knox / Morris

DE - Rousseau / Von / AJE / Jonathan / Shaq

DT - Oliver / Jones / RD3 / Team-Friendly FA

LB - Bernard / Milano / Williams / Spector / Day 3 Pick

Slot - Johnson / Day 3 Pick

CB - Douglas / Benford / Elam / Jackson

S - Rapp / Lewis / Hamlin / Day 3 Pick / Day 3 Pick

Taking my salary cap lumps at Safety

Henry takes less to play for us as a contender.  If not, any big back will do.

Edited by SCBills

The only way I allow Belichick to take over is he must agree that Beane runs the personnel. Vrabel is getting a HCing job somewhere.  Not a Bienemy fan. Henry would be too expensive and too old. Just run with Cook & Johnson and replace Murray/Harris. Definitely need a 1st round wr but wait till the 4th for another. Belichick would not get outcoached by Reid or Taylor.  But unfortunately this is all unrealistic because Pegula loves Sean and his losing in the divisionals every year.

I'd bet if you asked Bellichek off the record, "If you could pick any team in the league to coach, which one would you pick??", his answer would be the Buffalo Bills.

He absolutely loves Josh Allen(what coach wouldn't), and the chance to crush the Pats twice a year would be appealing to him.

Not going to happen though, McD isn't going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d like to keep Brady at OC and get him the WRs he wants and needs in the draft.  

I’m against making any big splashes in free agency.  I want to continue to make this roster younger and cheaper.  

I’m for bringing back Jones and Floyd on the DLine.

Mostly my dream is for this team to stay mostly healthy for a change.  A healthy Bills is a SB contending Bills.

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

QB - Allen  

RB - Cook / Henry / Johnson

WR - Diggs / RD1 / RD2 / Shakir / Isabella / Shorter

OT - Dawkins / Brown / Van Demark

OG - McGovern / Torrence / Edwards / Anderson

C - Morse / Bates

TE - Kincaid / Knox / Morris

DE - Rousseau / Von / AJE / Jonathan / Shaq

DT - Oliver / Jones / RD3 / Team-Friendly FA

LB - Bernard / Milano / Williams / Spector / Day 3 Pick

Slot - Johnson / Day 3 Pick

CB - Douglas / Benford / Elam / Jackson

S - Rapp / Lewis / Hamlin / Day 3 Pick / Day 3 Pick

Taking my salary cap lumps at Safety

Henry takes less to play for us as a contender.  If not, any big back will do.

I'd put Shorter ahead of Isabella in the pecking order at WR.   Shorter is almost identical height and weight as Davis, maybe they've instructed him to concentrate on blocking skills to fill his role??  Thought he was also very fast too, or was I thinking of another guy?

Wouldn't be shocked to see Morse a cap hit or if they do keep him then could see Bates cut.

Personally I'd use #1 pick on WR, #2/3 on S and center.

Everyone is assuming White gets cut, article in BN over weekend said not likely as can't be cut until he can pass a physical which won't happen by March and after that you've taken the cap hit, so then may not make sense to cut him.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

GM Brandon Beane

OC - Eric Bieniemy
DC - Mike Vrabel 

UFA - Derrick Henry

2 RB Henry, Cook

2 TE  Kincaid Knox

I would love to get Belichick, but it's not happening.
Henry is completely washed. I would have traded a late round pick for him to take Murray's role, but his day as a feared #1 are over.

Go all-in and get Tee Higgins and Josh Jacobs.

Use your draft picks to bolster secondary, LB and WR depth.

-------------

However, what they will do is keep everyone under contract (including McDermott), resign Ty Johnson to an overpaid deal, draft a CB/DE in round one, get the 10th best WR of the draft in round 2-4, and run it back. You'll have Diggs-Shakir-Harty as your top 3 with Shorter and some rookies competing for 4+.

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I win the PowerBall, grow 5 inches, get 20 years younger and my mansion has an endless supply of supermodels.

Oh, we are talking about the Bills...

5 inches... where?

Super models are too skinny and high maintenance.

Bill Belichick wants to be in charge of personnel. Until he gives up that requirement, he's out of coaching.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll be somewhat realistic with my expectations, but this is something along the lines of what I want to see for a roster next year:

QB: Allen / whoever (if we end up needing a backup we're screwed regardless)

RB: Cook / Ty Johnson / Cody Schrader (6th) - Mizzou

FB: Gilliam

WR: Diggs / Xavier Leggette (1st) / Shakir / Peoples-Jones (FA) / Moose Muhammad III (5th) - Texas A&M / Malik Washington (6th) - UVA

TE: Kincaid / Knox / Morris

OL: Dawkins / McGovern / Morse / Torrence / Brown (being realistic, they probably just run it back)

DE: Rousseau / Miller (unless charges are brought he's here) / Epenesa (FA - I'd re-sign him over Floyd) / Brennan Jackson (5th) - Washington St. / Jonathan

DT: Oliver / T'Vondre Sweat (2nd) - Texas / DaQuan Jones (FA) / Tyler Davis (4th) - Clemson / Tim Settle (FA - cheaper than before) 

LB: Bernard / Milano / Spector / Williams / Matakevich (FA - the new Taiwan Jones) / whatever ILB from FA

CB: Douglas / White (at least see how he looks post injury) / Benford / Johnson / Jarrian Jones (3rd) - Florida St. / Elam 

S: Xavier McKinney (FA - the one larger $$$ FA I want and think would fit well) / Rapp (FA) / Trey Taylor (6th) - Air Force / Lewis

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.