What realistic coaching changes do you expect?

BigBadBills

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We heard the same thing when he fired Dorsey and Frazier.  It doesn't mean they were the wrong moves though.

Sure, but who hired them in the first place? Or this ST coordinator? Or the other coordinators he’s fired while here? 

Part of being a good coach is being able to find good staff. 

Don't be surprised is nothing happens, including hiring an actual DC again.

Because listening to a lot of these talking heads on TV they are all pretty much saying that the Bills should stay the course which is exactly what Beane and McDivisional probably love seeing.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Prozac works dude.

Let’s revisit my post.

If I’m wrong and the Bills somehow win the SB with McDermott, I’ll eat crow and you can tell me to chew down all the Prozac I need.

I think Joe Brady as OC is going to be an interesting one. There are quite a few OC jobs open and you have to figure he is going to be on the list for several of them. Most notably, I think Cincy is the biggest threat to poach him if we decide to take our time on the decision. Brady was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU in 2019 when they won the National Championship with Burrow and Chase. One would assume he has a good relationship with both players and that opening would be appealing.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like McDermott will still be the DC/play caller, so we are likely going to lose Babich to the Giants. Not a fan of this.

Yeah Daboll probably(rightfully) gets fired after next season so it's not a great gig being his DC.........but he's buried here.   It would be different if he were leaving a cradle of coaches as a hot commodity.   

1 hour ago, ytownblofan said:

I think Joe Brady as OC is going to be an interesting one. There are quite a few OC jobs open and you have to figure he is going to be on the list for several of them. Most notably, I think Cincy is the biggest threat to poach him if we decide to take our time on the decision. Brady was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU in 2019 when they won the National Championship with Burrow and Chase. One would assume he has a good relationship with both players and that opening would be appealing.

Everyone here in Cincinnati is very sure that they will promote the QB coach Dan Pitcher.

I think they should name a DC/assistant HC. If McDermott is going to call the defense, then, if it hasn't already been done, have someone designated to be looking at/assisting him with the big picture when he's otherwise occupied on game day. Maybe it could be someone with better in-game instincts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Sure, but who hired them in the first place? Or this ST coordinator? Or the other coordinators he’s fired while here? 

Part of being a good coach is being able to find good staff. 

Name me a head coach that's lasted this long who hasn't fired a crapload of coordinators.

I don't "expect" any. I think they'll give Brady more time, allowing him an entire off season to create his ideal system and make whatever adjustments he wants to make.

I'm suspect there will be an emphasis on O-line & WRs in FA and the draft to help, as I believe the Bills saw the success they can have if they run a more balanced offense that emphasizes the run game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.