We need new WR’s across the board

Einstein

Multiple dropped passes, including 3 deep passes. The Diggs and Sherfield drops were inexcusable with both hitting their arms (ball literally bounced off their bicep).  

And even worse than that, NO ONE could get separation. None of our receivers.

Keep Shakir. Keep Diggs (we have no choice honestly, financially). And rebuild the entire rest of the WR block.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I kept thinking this during the game.  Diggs is a 2 at this point.  Shakir will be a great slot.  We need a 1.  Having Kincaid saved us.  Knox is a good 2nd option at TE.  

We just need help for Allen at the wideout position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

And i’m finally at the point where i’m not giving Diggs a pass anymore. I don’t know what the exact problem is, but we can’t have multiple dropped passes from our $20+ million dollar receiver in a playoff game. Just can’t.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's what I've noticed all season.  Our receivers are good against zone defenses, but they struggle against man defenses.  Diggs will probably be back as we don't save a lot this year cutting him, but we may try and restructure his contract.  We could use a #1.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I came to post the same. Diggs is nothing more than a very expensive possession receiver at this point. Shakir may be special, but he should be a terrific third receiver at least. Set at TE. So you need at least one big-time receiver. 

In hindsight, Beane's failure to sign Hopkins sank the season. You had the best QB in the league and , outside of Shakir and Kincaid, you made him throw to bunch of street free agents and washed-up chokers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That drop was killer.  It took all game to set up that shot.  Just inexcusable.  

on the bright side, Shakir and Kincaid are studs. We’re really not that far away.  This hurts, but we had a MASH unit on D and overall the game plan was really effective.  We just couldn’t close at the end. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And i’m finally at the point where i’m not giving Diggs a pass anymore. I don’t know what the exact problem is, but we can’t have multiple dropped passes from our $20+ million dollar receiver in a playoff game. Just can’t.

He hasn't done much and the plan to force it to him so he gets his (along with a lack of other threats), has hurt the team

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Between Diggs and Miller, that's more than a $40 million investment. Both were non-factors in the biggest game of the year. Or net negatives since they kept more effective players on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d be fine with the Bills letting every receiver go except Shakir and Kincaid. Harty and Sherfield are no brainer cuts.

Diggs - just eat the cap hit and move on. I mean, would anyone really care at this point?

Knox can go too. Wouldn’t lose any sleep. 

Cut Tre

Cut Miller

Floyd can go, no big loss there.  

Hamlin gotta be cut.  Right? He has to go. No value there. 

Poyer and Hyde….good grief what a horrible season for both. They are cooked. 

They need a rebuild but this won’t happen. Bet they run it back. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Sign a top FA receiver and draft another one - in the first round. Then McD can draft/sign all the corners and safeties he wants.

Who thinks we Aren’t drafting a LB or safety first?

I don’t want it but you keep a D minded coach, that’s what you get.

This team is going to look a LOT different next year.

It's a natural time to start over with a new HC, and build the team a bit differently.

Let the new HC get the guys he wants to catch the football as part of a new offensive vision.

McDermott doesn't have any offensive vision at all.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.