What kind of GDT poster are you

im more of a game day shout box guy. i keep a level head and mock those who say "game over" because something bad happened.  i enjoy watching the games and seeing great plays from both teams, seeinh great strategies, etc. i want the Bills to win but i know every game is 50/50 so i don't get bent out of shape if they lose. i have a harder time sleeping after an awesome win.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Knox drops a 5 yard pass: This guy is useless, waste of a contract, get rid of him, embarrassing, just throw it to Kincaid

*five minutes later*

Knox catches a TD: There he is! That's why we have him! Knoxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

LOL  If that ain't the truth.  

Just like the TV announcers contradicting themselves repeatedly and from week to week.  

e.g.,  That's why [insert team name] can come back in games, because of [insert player's name] ability to step it up in the 2nd half.  

vs. ... 10 minutes later, ... 

That's why [team] struggles, because opponents focus on [insert same player's name] and shut him down, and in the 2nd half they have to start going to [team facet] more, because he's ineffective.   

It's mindboggling.  

The schizophrenia is hilariously amusing.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Knox drops a 5 yard pass: This guy is useless, waste of a contract, get rid of him, embarrassing, just throw it to Kincaid

*five minutes later*

Knox catches a TD: There he is! That's why we have him! Knoxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

Yup!!!!!

Now do Elam...."This guy is useless, he just got trucked.  What now, DPI?  What a bust, waste of a first round pick...."
*two plays later*

"KAIIR!  That guy can Ball, Man!  Way to go!"

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I was thinking this morning how enjoyable watching the games will be AFTER they win a Super Bowl. As it is now, the anxiety about games gets worse as the season goes on every year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not.

I like checking in on the forums right up until 15 minutes before kickoff, and then right after the game ends (presuming it's not a loss, because this place is just miserable and intolerable after most losses)...but DURING the game? No internet, no Twitter, no talking to any other humans, really. 

Just locked in on the game. Pacing during commercials, unless someone hands me a book or magazine to read or I put Red Zone on the laptop.

I'm a stress ball during games, to be honest, and the last thing I can do is think of pithy remarks to type on a message board.

Wish I could do this the way you do. I have ended up using this board as a community "hang out" during the game. I don't have anyone to watch with so.....  I really should just turn it all off and watch. 

I’m not a GDT poster. I’m not a social football watcher. I intermittently text with a lifelong friend who’s also an expat Bills fan, but when things get tense there are long periods of radio silence. I’m typically sitting hunched forward with my elbows on my thighs watching intently and occasionally yelling or celebrating, or I’m pacing. I’m apparently unpleasant enough that my wife, who is a football fan, would rather do something in another room and my dog spends the whole time acting like she did something wrong. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What kind of GDT poster am I? An absent one. GDTs are to be avoided at all costs, which is why I wait for the post game threads. 

Post game threads and GDT are like brothers or cousins

20 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I was thinking this morning how enjoyable watching the games will be AFTER they win a Super Bowl. As it is now, the anxiety about games gets worse as the season goes on every year. 

I felt way less stress during the drought years because I didn't expect much. Now that we know the team is pretty great, the losses are harder to take. Maybe because a lot of them seem to be against the Mac jones of the nfl. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.