Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

3 hours ago, H2o said:

The names not listed loom larger than those out though. Douglas, Taron, and Bernard not being listed as out at this stage is good news at least.

Tyrel being available is huge. Douglas will certainly play. After seeing the details on TB's ankle, it makes far more sense as to how he can play. Finally, the fact that Taron is still in a red jersey (and in CP) but McD still says he has a chance to play tells me TJ will go.

2 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Doesn't show much of a limp.  Wonder if he can make it...

Agree...that's pretty wild after having to be carted off with a towel on his head.

Seems a lot of players are playing even with high ankle sprains after only missing a week now. Used to be a 4-6 week timeframe with an average of 46 days.

I know I read his might be a lower ankle sprain which would be better but still...

Is something they are doing recovery wise helping players heal quicker?

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Would it be Cam Lewis rotating at the 3rd safety? 

As long as Damar Hamlin doesn't see the field on defense. 

So Mahomes can just throw to whoever Lewis is covering like Rudolph did on those two TD drives?

3 hours ago, Dubie54 said:

And most importantly at 100%. We have to hope that we can avoid any more in-game injuries, particularly at LB and Corner.

there's no chance any of them are at 100%. they all got wrecked with knees and ankles. You don't just come back from that ina  week or two while trying to practice. We just have to hope they aren't liabilities and dont re-injure themselves.

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Rice is not a huge threat downfield, pretty much all his catches are at the line of scrimmage and then he gets YAC. 

Dane is a good, aggressive tackler. I expect him to match up well and have a solid game.

Not worried about corner.

• Like (+1) 1

If Douglas can go then I think they'll manage with a combination of Elam and Jackson. 

If Bernard can't go, that could be a tough one with Kelce out there. Dorian Williams has the athletic ability to cover him but he's never covered anyone at Kelce's level so, who knows how that could go. 

Bernard looked devastated getting carted off, thought it'd be way worse given that situation. Even if he can go he's not gonna be anywhere near 100%.

Weird feelings for this game. Part of me is like, man the defensive injuries are too much, they're not gonna make it. Then the other part is like, nope not this time Patty. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Would it be Cam Lewis rotating at the 3rd safety? 

As long as Damar Hamlin doesn't see the field on defense. 

Cam Lewis is terrible.

May need to let Douglas shadow Rice, and then bracket Kelce with Poyer.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

My take from the Bernard video, he looks like a guy that can run straight but stopping fast and cutting...that's a whole different story.  Kinda' gimpy looking to me but trying not to show it.

If he's getting around like that in practice, I think he'll be fine for the game.

Unlikely he's been needled up for practice. Add in the adrenaline of a big playoff game and I suspect you'll see him flying around on Sun.

If Bernard plays, I’d be concerned for any remaining games this season. He’d be playing solely on injections, which could hide any additional injury. But it’s the playoffs so we need him now and kudos to him if he’ll even try. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.