Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

11 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

If Bernard can somehow miraculously go, have to imagine he may need to be on a pitch count? If so, i'm torn on who tags in for him. Klein has the vet savvy but can't cover while Williams brings the atheticism but is likely to get picked on in his own right given lack of experience. That said, if we can get quality snaps from 43 on even half the snaps I'll take it as a win!

dobson is back

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Rapp is a very underrated injury, especially with Benford out.  May need to use Neal again for that big nickel.

Neal is probably our worst coverage CB/S on the roster. Keep him on ST unless we are desperate for DB help. 

still don't get how Spector got hurt on that play! 

That said, if Bernard is back that's huge.  Shores up the LB position with Klien/Dodson.  

Still have Poyer/Hyde.  And Douglas/Elam/Jackson at CB.  

DL is healthy.  

O is healthy except Davis.   

Should be fine.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

I agree but I also see the Chiefs attacking short with the Bills LBer situation. Dump offs to backs, quick receiver and tight end passes. Somehow the Bills are going to have to make Mahomes hold the ball a tad longer. That will be a chore.

I expect Poyer to come down to play Dime linebacker in this game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Diggs, Shakir, Harty, Sherfield and Isabella played last week. 

Yeah, Isabella is getting elevated without a doubt, that means we have 1 spot for either Haack or Klein..... I dont understand what the plan is 

3 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Understood but he's not the mike. Who's playing next to Dodson if Bernard needs to tag out is where I was going.

I think you might have to swap to Klein and Williams then. The drop off in athleticism from Bernard and Dodson to Dodson and Klein would be pretty steep, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transient said:

I see he brought the "b' with him! :lol:

i still have to think a few seconds over benford vs bernard.

Just now, transient said:

I think you might have to swap to Klein and Williams then. The drop off in athleticism from Bernard and Dodson to Dodson and Klein would be pretty steep, IMO.

it is the choice of going with the veteran who has seen most anything in Klein

-or-

the young athlete who can move fluidly

-or-

the banged up newcomer flashing the pan

i'd pitch count bernard - dodson on the running downs/situations

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This is huge.  Douglas covers Kelce and who covers Rice?  If it comes down to needing our defense to need a big stop, we are going to be outmatched in certain positions.  I don't like this at all.  If we don't have Bernard and Johnson too, we are in trouble.  

got a lot of guys who can cover Rice.  Jackson/Elam.  Rice is no better than Dionte Johnson or Pickens.  (Rice has a better QB).  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I expect Poyer to come down to play Dime linebacker in this game.

I am surprisingly already with that as I am thinking about it. He's done it before, and considering the sets we are likely to see I want Rasul/TJ/Jackson on the field as much as possible

6 minutes ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Understood but he's not the mike. Who's playing next to Dodson if Bernard needs to tag out is where I was going.

has to be klein. but in this case poyer comes into the box as a Jack

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.