AJ Klein had reservations with family for Key West this weekend

Two practices and he was playing on defense and special teams when needed until he had to step up and be leader of defense.

Bills Linebacker A.J. Klein addressed the media after a 31-17 win against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Topics included: being inactive and “at home” last week, Brandon Beane contacting him to rejoin the team, his high production against the Pittsburgh Steelers, playing both positions on defense, being the leading tackler in the game, planning his vacation before getting the call from Brandon Beane and being ready to step in for Terrel Bernard if needed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Linebacker has largely been a bright spot this year, even the depth; after seeming like the weakest unit on the team.

It's crazy as we got down to lb 4+5 they still keep producing.

Tough task next week though so hopefully TB and TD can bounce back.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

That's why McD, in his post-game PC, thanked AJ's wife for letting him rejoin the team.

Wow, did he really?  I'm gonna have to hunt that down and listen.

McDermott and the D staff better send her a freakin' flower shop.

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wow, did he really?  I'm gonna have to hunt that down and listen.

McDermott and the D staff better send her a freakin' flower shop.

Rewatching it, I see McD thanked AJ's family, not just his wife.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Rewatching it, I see McD thanked AJ's family, not just his wife.

McDermott to assistants:

"Flower shop to Mrs Klein please.  Find out what his kids didn't get that they wanted for Christmas, and Make It So."

• Like (+1) 1

Does he play again this week? Over Williams and Spector assuming everyone is healthy?

Bernard called the plays, not easy to replace with one of the other guys. Although Dodson has experience with it 

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Does he play again this week? Over Williams and Spector assuming everyone is healthy?

Bernard called the plays, not easy to replace with one of the other guys. Although Dodson has experience with it 

I'd assume if healthy Spector would start ahead of him. Williams likely be behind Klein in the pecking order. Dodson could start ahead of them all if he can suit up.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

McDermott to assistants:

"Flower shop to Mrs Klein please.  Find out what his kids didn't get that they wanted for Christmas, and Make It So."

He just made over $100k for less than a week's work, so I think they're ok with it. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ok, it's been 12 hours.  Cue the Klein 'boo birds'. 🙄

I’ve never understood them.

He has been solid every time he’s played here. He has limitations, sure, but i’m surprised we ever cut him quite frankly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He just made over $100k for less than a week's work, so I think they're ok with it. :thumbsup:

According to Spotrac, guy has career earnings of $31M and I'm guessing he invested a lot of it.  So not sure how much $100k means.

Doubt money was a major factor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I thought him and williams struggled on their first... full drive action.  Just some general missed tackles, angles, run fits, coverage gaps.  Whatever. 

But i felt they both settled into just.. playing ball.  Go get the ball carrier, pass catcher, limit yac, wrap them up and toss them around.  Do what linebackers do! 

40 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

According to Spotrac, guy has career earnings of $31M and I'm guessing he invested a lot of it.  So not sure how much $100k means.

Doubt money was a major factor.

Guy knows beane and mcd well, and they trust him as a vet hand whether he's still got the athleticism or not.  

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Linebacker has largely been a bright spot this year, even the depth; after seeming like the weakest unit on the team.

It's crazy as we got down to lb 4+5 they still keep producing.

Tough task next week though so hopefully TB and TD can bounce back.

McDermott has been a great D coordinator. It took a few games, but he seems to have recaptured his ability to out-scheme offenses and make a salad out of ****.

21 minutes ago, Malazan said:

McDermott has been a great D coordinator. It took a few games, but he seems to have recaptured his ability to out-scheme offenses and make a salad out of ****.

Well, his ***** salad making chef abilities will be tested to the full this coming game, with all the injuries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Dude killed it yesterday. As did most depth chart guys. Amazing. And while most of the credit goes to him and the other players, it also goes to McD, the coaching staff, and Beane.

Amazing how he always look so calm and all in interviews, and is a violent dude on the field.

Guy is set for life $$$ and can retire after the season. Family can't be mad. They can take vacations anytime.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

I don't want to jinx it, but ... ahh, what the hell: if this patched-together defense continues to play well against KC next weekend, it'll be one of the best coaching jobs I've seen. There's just no way any other team loses so many key players and continues to play at this level.

1 hour ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Big time game and open field tackle on that late third down.

That tackle is even more amazing when you consider he isn't even in "game" shape and had played 2/3rds of the game off the street. 

Next Man Up for sure!!

Huge play there and unbelievable awareness, he read the play the whole time. I wish I could put his brain in Williams’ body. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dude played great. I was actually happy to see him in there, and he held his own.

At the same time, we need some help. Pittsburgh did most of their damage after guys got injured, so the defense was definitely having issues. In the end they held their ground, but against KC they'll need to turn it up a notch.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl/nfl-players-paid-playoffs-bm07/

NFL players on teams that won a division will earn $46,500 for playing in a wild-card matchup this season.

Players on teams that didn’t win a division or those on teams with first-round byes will be paid $41,500 for the first round of the playoffs.

Even if you count a week on PS he does not get $100K.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.