150 dollar Parking for the game

Liberal Bob

How bad was it finding a parking spot and traffic in and out for the game, with the limited parking etc? I am looking at tickets for the chiefs game but if it was a total ****show I'll forget about going. With another two feet of snow this week and no above freezing temps to melt any of it, I'm guessing next weekend will be similar. 

59 minutes ago, Process said:

How bad was it finding a parking spot and traffic in and out for the game, with the limited parking etc? I am looking at tickets for the chiefs game but if it was a total ****show I'll forget about going. With another two feet of snow this week and no above freezing temps to melt any of it, I'm guessing next weekend will be similar. 

I got to the area a little before noon, got off at the usual exit on the 219 (20A/Big Tree).   Traffic wasn’t bad at all.  Less houses than usual were offering parking but I grabbed a spot at the first one on the left that was offering…. $60 (down the road a little they were only asking $40, ugh.)

Getting out wasn’t too bad, it was slow going heading back to the 219 north but once I was on that it was smooth sailing all the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

How bad was it finding a parking spot and traffic in and out for the game, with the limited parking etc? .....

I got to 219 (20A Big Tree) about 12:45 and took until about 1:30 to get down Big Tree to my usual lot, the lot was full but the owner recognized me as a regular and let me into one of the spots he kept behind for his regulars.  I saw lot owners with shovels saying if you shovel out a spot you can park, and lots that did not open.  Leaving the game I saw people walking to their cars on the other side of the 219 (2 miles from the stadium)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

We got a late start, got to the Big Tree exit off 219 about 2:30, did not get parked in Lot 2 until 3:45.  Lot 1 was already closed by that point.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Process said:

I left my house in williamsville at 1230 - parked in KK mart back lot on corner of southwestern and abbott by about 1-115.  Got to the car around 8, it took a while to get out of the lot (maybe 25-30 minutes), and i was home by 9. 

Normally 60 to park, they charged 70 for playoffs i assume, or plowing fees, etc.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's gotten a lot worse since they closed off that trail from the big lot on California Road after that kid died.

In the '90s we would pay five bucks to park there.  Owner still probably cleared a couple grand in cash every home game.

Fwiw........our lot owner was great.   He works for the Bills and basically hadn't slept since Saturday morning and could have just said no parking and we'd probably have gone to a stadium lot.   He couldn't be around but we got there early and there was a snow blower there and we cleaned it out quite well and got the usual amount of cars in for a poor weather game and collected everyone's money and left the lot clean.    Helps when you have relationships with the people parking there because in a situation like this the property owner can't clear it by himself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This bothers me more than Ticketmaster fees. At least there, Im getting something I never had before they were around. Access to any ticket, for any game or show, anytime. Those of us GenXers and older know what getting tixx for events used to be like, especially popular games and concerts. But now I can snap my fingers and have access to anything. So its a lot of $$ but theres a value there. Parking? Putting aside inflation, what am I getting for the parking markup Im paying now that I didnt get before, especially for playoff games? Zero. Same spot, same lot, same everything. Its a straight moneygrab. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1

Is what it is, that’s the asking price by one owner. No one has a gun to anyone’s head to pay.  He’s got clear it, stand  out there, & repair damages. 

Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Under yesterday’s circumstances you need to plan accordingly.  It was no secret parking would be an issue.

Edited by PayDaBill$

I saw signs for $50 on the big tree road side.  sometimes you gotta say no and move on.  Maybe you couldn't however.

Fwiw, I was extremely impressed on how good the snow removal on big tree and in front of the stadium was.  We parked in lot

1 because of a parking pass and it was almost completely clean of snow.    Not sure what the true cost of pass was but ticketmaster increased that a lot.  Think is was over $150 online.fees fees fees..nuts

We were directed to 219 and have never been that way before but we got out pretty fast all things considered and got back to Jamestown the "back way."

Not going back down big tree was huge time saver.  They troopers had it moving.  I give them a tip of the cap too.

Edited by The Tomcat

12 minutes ago, RkFast said:

This bothers me more than Ticketmaster fees. At least there, Im getting something I never had before they were around. Access to any ticket, for any game or show, anytime. Those of us GenXers and older know what getting tixx for events used to be like, especially popular games and concerts. But now I can snap my fingers and have access to anything. So its a lot of $$ but theres a value there. Parking? Putting aside inflation, what am I getting for the parking markup Im paying now that I didnt get before, especially for playoff games? Zero. Same spot, same lot, same everything. Its a straight moneygrab. 

At least with parking around the Ralph, almost all of it is going to small business owners or families.  Plus especially yesterday, the extra work that had to go in to getting lots and backyards ready to park cars in the first place.

$150 is insane though, I would have turned around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.