Impressed with Josh’s play but even more impressed with his leadership

TD716

3 minutes ago, TD716 said:

Was at the game, not sure if they showed this on TV. After Josh ran for the long touchdown he walked from the end zone along the whole bench not stopping or pausing while giving high fives and fist bumps. One could tell he was walking with a purpose so I watched him. He finally got to the far end of the bench, tunnel side. He gave a big hug to a player who has struggled and worked thru a lot this year, Kaiir Elam. A few words were exchanged and I’m sure they were words of encouragement based on the body language. Great leadership moment.

That is great.

He called out Klein and Elam too in the post-game speech clips from the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

This can’t be true. I’ve been told all he does is blankly stare into space with no fire or passion… ever. 

Perhaps, and hear me out, even he himself has talked about what he was doing on the sideline the first half of the season didn’t work and he needed to get back into the emotions of it all more.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TD716 said:

Was at the game, not sure if they showed this on TV. After Josh ran for the long touchdown he walked from the end zone along the whole bench not stopping or pausing while giving high fives and fist bumps. One could tell he was walking with a purpose so I watched him. He finally got to the far end of the bench, tunnel side. He gave a big hug to a player who has struggled and worked thru a lot this year, Kaiir Elam. A few words were exchanged and I’m sure they were words of encouragement based on the body language. Great leadership moment.

Agreed.

He ditched that low positive garbage and started playing with fire and emotion again.

What will really show it for me is this off-season, hitting the camp with Palmer, working out, coming into camp in this best shape of his career.

But McDermott went to him to give the speech to the team in Miami down 14-7 at Halftime. 

He spoke again after the game tonight. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This can’t be true. I’ve been told all he does is blankly stare into space with no fire or passion… ever. 

Well, sheesh, everyone knows the 5 second cuts they show on TV represent the totality of a player’s behavior.

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, TD716 said:

That's awesome. Allen made a special individual shout out to Elam in the post-game locker room speech, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TD716 said:

Greatest qb to ever play in Buffalo.  Period.....

• Like (+1) 6

Allen for most of the playoff games has been an unstoppabel force. I don't think it's by accident that by and in large Bills players step up in big games, even backups.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That is great.

He called out Klein and Elam too in the post-game speech clips from the locker room. 

Yeah he called them out in the post game on-field interview too. He was also asked what play meant more, his 52 yard run or Shakir’s touchdown run and, to no one’s surprise, he naturally claimed the latter was the better play….even though I firmly believe that his run run was better. But that’s who he is, he is a leader, he will give all the credit to his troops, not take it for himself. Diggs is very similar that respect. This is why they are the captains, thanks for insight, it’s good to read that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.