Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

22 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Thats the thing!  That game 2 years ago Allen and Gabe Davis couldn't quite match up against Mahomes, Kelce and Hill all three.  Thats 3 hall of famers right there.
Also in that game both QB's ran the ball about same yards, but running backs for KC rushed for 115 yards to Bills 41. That will not be the case this game.

KC is still very dangerous with Mahomes, Kelce, Rashee Rice and Pacheco, but they are NOT any better right now than Allen, Cook, Kincaid, and Diggs as a whole.

They may not be any better, but are they better vs Bills D ( in its current form) than the Bills Offense is Vs Chiefs defense. That’s what will decide the game and it likely will come down to who has the ball last and if Josh can make one or two more plays than Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

They may not be any better, but are they better vs Bills D ( in its current form) than the Bills Offense is Vs Chiefs defense. That’s what will decide the game and it likely will come down to who has the ball last and if Josh can make one or two more plays than Mahomes. 

The Bills have more weapons. This is a boat race the Bills have a clear advantage. I believe it'll be more than just a couple more plays.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rockinon said:

The Bills have more weapons. This is a boat race the Bills have a clear advantage. I believe it'll be more than just a couple more plays.

I like the resources that Cook and Allen are going to require from the Chiefs defense. The Bills will have to be able to execute and take advantage of that. I expect big days from our TEs

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

The point is the head to head match ups are important to evaluate. 

A previous poster is citing how the Chiefs haven't beaten quality opponents this year.

In summary, the head to head match ups are important while the claim of Chiefs losing to quality opponents is worthless. 

Hope that clears things up for you sir. 

Its funny how that seems to matter now but in the past it never mattered because it was only regular season.  "Who cares if the Bills beat them in regular season, the Chiefs beat us twice in the playoffs therefor they always will." 

My guy, I am fairly certain you used the same "The Bills have not beaten anybody and therefor can't win X game" excuse to talk yourself out of wins before. 

It's really this simple. The Bills are a good team.  The Chiefs are a good team.  They both play each other hard.  They both will put everything on the line.  This is the playoffs. The playoff fodder teams are mostly gone.  Its just good teams now.  Games are going to be hard.

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

My take 

Spector to IR

Klein to active roster

PS call ups. Isabella and Haack.

Meh, I know they want a spare receiver but Isabella scares me.  He hasn't shown anything and seems to have Cook like hand skills.  Pretty sure I seen him almost drop a kickoff return last week. My memory is hazy though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I hope so. It would be nice not having to sweat out the 4th quarter the way we always do. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

My guy, I am fairly certain you used the same "The Bills have not beaten anybody and therefor can't win X game" excuse to talk yourself out of wins before. 

💯 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

They can't penalize for throwing ***** on the field. If they do then the KC fans can start throwing it all the time and get fifteen yards penalties all day. The NFL is ######ed but not that ######ed. 

Man, I remember as a teenager during the Kelly years, the stadium getting warned and the Bills getting penalized because the crowd was too loud.  I don't put nothing past the zebras even though I agree with what you are saying.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

They don't. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/12/23/bills-dolphins-15-yard-snowball-penalty-threat

The Bills’ current five-game winning streak got a bit of a boost from Mother Nature during their 32-29 win at home over the Dolphins in Week 15, as the team and the home fans were energized by a downpour of snow. The flurry got the crowd into such a fervor as to draw the ire of the officials, who made an announcement during the game that Buffalo would be assessed a 15-yard penalty if fans hit anybody on the field with a thrown snow ball.

The crowd eventually settled down. But, as it turns out, the fans could have created quite an interesting scenario if they called the officials’ bluff.

That’s because, as Bills tight end Dawson Knox recalled this week, there wasn’t actually anything the officials could do to penalize a team for fans’ behavior, making the public address announcement an empty threat.

“Apparently, they told coach McDermott or someone, ‘Hey we can’t actually enforce that, we just have to say that for them to stop,’” Knox said on the podcast Green Light with Chris Long. “It was a just say it, to get them to calm down.”

The actual rule book does not cover penalties issued for instances in which fans are throwing things like snowballs onto the field, according to Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News, unless those actions directly impact an in-progress play. So there could have been a penalty if a snow ball, say, caused a player to fumble or fall mid-play.

But for the most part, the referees’ threat amounted to a parent threatening an unruly child to turn the car around on the way to a family vacation.

They could penalize something if it affects a play I guess.  Mostly empty threats though it seems.  I think fans hear the warnings and think it can happen.

Edited by Scott7975

42 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I agree with this, and will add that we are weaker at CB, but they are weaker at WR. We have a better oline, and they have a better Dline, but only slightly. In order to win this game, we have to do a better job with protection, than in the first matchup.

I'd like to think the Bills offense is better than the last time they met. Josh is playing better, Kincaid has emerged as a legit weapon. The running game is more diverse with running gap and done concepts. Shakir has become more of a concern for opposing defenses. Knox is back and even Harty looks quicker. 

I think the key is the oline. Josh didn't have a lot of time last game. However,bi think Brady has made some solid changes. Allen is getting rid of the ball more quickly. Negating lots of opposing teams pass rush. He's making really good decisions getting rid of the ball quickly. When appropriate he takes his *****. A good example was the seam route TD to Kincaid. 

In short, I think the Bills offense is much better, diverse, and in sync than the last meeting. I hope I'm right. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Their whole team drops the ball.  MVS has dropped 2 long wide open TD passes minimum this year.

If it got bad enough the refs would make an announcement warning fans to stop or it would result in an unsportsmanlike 15 yard penalty...but security would likely kick out the offending people before that happened once warned.

The NFL has already came out and said the officials can not do that after officials threatened that in a Bills/Dolphins game few years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Man, I remember as a teenager during the Kelly years, the stadium getting warned and the Bills getting penalized because the crowd was too loud.  I don't put nothing past the zebras even though I agree with what you are saying.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/12/23/bills-dolphins-15-yard-snowball-penalty-threat

They could penalize something if it affects a play I guess.  Mostly empty threats though it seems.  I think fans hear the warnings and think it can happen.

omg I remember when the NFL tried to penalize the crowd for being too rowdy. That “rule” went over like a wet fart and they got rid of it quick 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shakirs catch and run TD vs Pittsburgh was so filthy.  It should’ve gotten more pub.  

I think I’m going to call him Stumps from now on.  Pretty sure his legs are only 9 inches long

23 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I have no agenda. I'm not that smart to have one. 

I agree  you can’t help who you are.winnie the pooh love quotes GIF

• Haha (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, Simon said:

While this is true, it also means that at some point tomorrow he's probably going to make an upside down, one-handed, behind the back catch between three defenders on 3rd/20. :doh:

It never fails… no matter how crappy the QB or how average the WR…. every game they make 1 or 2 throws or catches that has me shaking my head and wondering… why can’t our receivers adjust and make a catch like that!    

Diggs is the only one that occasionally makes that amazing play.  Everyone else… they need the ball placed perfectly. And even then, I’m often surprised when they don’t drop it.  

If this teams lacks anything… it’s playmakers that elevate their game and make that seemingly impossible play.  Outside of Josh we have no one on offense or defense that does that consistently. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This Hochuli crew especially.  That horse collar/ intentional grounding vs Philly may have been the worst call I’ve ever seen.  Gabe was literally standing 3 yards away from where the ball landed.  If they didn’t wanted to call the horse collar- I have no problem with that…..but to turn around and throw the grounding flag….. just wow.  That was INSANE

i am 💯 worried about the refs

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Shakirs catch and run TD vs Pittsburgh was so filthy.  It should’ve gotten more pub.  

I think I’m going to call him Stumps from now on.  Pretty sure his legs are only 9 inches long

I agree  you can’t help who you are.winnie the pooh love quotes GIF

Shakir needs to get the ball in his hands often tomorrow.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.