Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Balanced Offense

The Chiefs are 3-5 when their opponents run for 118+.

1-3 at 123+.

The Chiefs rushing D is not good.  Cook & Co. with a few Allen runs sprinkled in for good measure should be enough regardless of the D.  

They certainly stuffed the Dolphins run game. I think the Chiefs can slow down the run game if they commit to it. Its a tough ask because Allen is so good. They also will have a spy on Allen. 

The key is their secondary winning the one on one battles. That secondary looks to be one of the best in the NFL. If the Bills pass catches aren't effective the Chiefs might load up the box. McDuffie is a good run stuffer 

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Balanced Offense

The Chiefs are 3-5 when their opponents run for 118+.

1-3 at 123+.

The Chiefs rushing D is not good.  Cook & Co. with a few Allen runs sprinkled in for good measure should be enough regardless of the D.  

Cook is the key in this game. Have to control the TOP is a priority in this game with the defensive injuries.

• Agree 1

Gabe Davis playing would be a big factor in this game IMO.  Even if he doesn't show up much on the stat sheet.  He can run deep routes to open up zones for others underneath....

or  200 yards & 4TD's works too!

Nantz       "IT'S  GABE    DAVIS!!!!!" 

Promise Gabe we'll sign him to a decent contract if he goes out and matches the production from his divisional game at KC haha 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Gabe always plays great against the Chiefs. He’s inconsistent AF, but when he’s on he’s on. I personally hope he’s out there and then benched at the AFCC

Yeh he either goes for like 150 and 2 TDs or his mom is blaming the entire team why he didn’t catch a pass 

• Haha (+1) 1

Listening to Chiefs fans talk about their game on Saturday it's like a different universe. 

I thought the Chiefs played poorly, especially early. Tons of drops and poor throws by Mahomes. The overall energy was slow and sluggish, maybe understandably but the same old problems.

A few things influenced the result: they hit on a few passes to Rice later on and the big Mahomes runs boosted a pretty average run performance. Pacheco was at about 3.7 and though he and EH had some tough runs, there was not a consistent threat. 

Lastly, Miami was absolutely terrible and looked completely overwhelmed by the circumstance and conditions. I honestly think there was more at play w Injury and gameplan that was just flat bad. 

The Bills will not be that dead fish. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Pacheco is the only one who worries me for this game.  Normally it's Kelce but he's dropping most of what Mahomes throws him lately, even if the passes hit him in the hands.  Something on his mind, I guess he can't shake it off.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They certainly stuffed the Dolphins run game. I think the Chiefs can slow down the run game if they commit to it. Its a tough ask because Allen is so good. They also will have a spy on Allen. 

The key is their secondary winning the one on one battles. That secondary looks to be one of the best in the NFL. If the Bills pass catches aren't effective the Chiefs might load up the box. McDuffie is a good run stuffer 

The Dolphins ran the same concepts in the run game against the Chiefs as they did with us in Week 18.  That scheme was solved by playing the single high and dropping a safety down.  With the weather limiting the passing game, and Tua being completely unable to handle the pressure of the day, it was an easy decision.

When the Bills ran the single high, I believe the Dolphins had 3 carries for 7 yards.  Very easy to defend once identified.

3 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Listening to Chiefs fans talk about their game on Saturday it's like a different universe. 

I thought the Chiefs played poorly, especially early. Tons of drops and poor throws by Mahomes. The overall energy was slow and sluggish, maybe understandably but the same old problems.

A few things influenced the result: they hit on a few passes to Rice later on and the big Mahomes runs boosted a pretty average run performance. Pacheco was at about 3.7 and though he and EH had some tough runs, there was not a consistent threat. 

Lastly, Miami was absolutely terrible and looked completely overwhelmed by the circumstance and conditions. I honestly think there was more at play w Injury and gameplan that was just flat bad. 

The Bills will not be that dead fish. 

The Chiefs abused Kohou, who was AWFUL yet again for Miami.  If Douglas and Benford go, I expect us to shield Rice quite well.

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Sounds like they’re all day to day on defense(even Bernard) according to McDermott and given we won’t feel as comfy as we did pre Steelers game I’d suspect a lot of them play 

I don’t think attempting the fg there was a ‘blunder’ in the way 13 seconds was lol for me the most important coaching matchup in this one is Brady vs spagnuolo.  That chiefs offense is not the explosive group its been in the past but they can absolutely hold a team under 17 points 

I listened to the presser and I’m not sure they’re all day to day like reported.  Sean is in say nothing mode.  He listed all the injuries and said “we are taking this one day at a time.”  It wasn’t the usual day to day vs. week to week designation.

and apparently he wants us to believe he hasn’t talked to the trainer about Bernard in like two days.

• Agree 3

For me I feel as though we really have to keep Mahomes in the pocket. If he scrambles and keeps drives alive with his feet, it is so demoralizing. What that results in are players cheating a little to stop him from scrambling and end up giving him big passing lanes for chunk yardage. D line has to be disciplined in their rush lanes and offense needs to really step up and keep as much pressure off our battered defense as possible 

Oh, and Bass can’t be a$$ like he was last weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

The Dolphins ran the same concepts in the run game against the Chiefs as they did with us in Week 18.  That scheme was solved by playing the single high and dropping a safety down.  With the weather limiting the passing game, and Tua being completely unable to handle the pressure of the day, it was an easy decision.

When the Bills ran the single high, I believe the Dolphins had 3 carries for 7 yards.  Very easy to defend once identified.

The Chiefs abused Kohou, who was AWFUL yet again for Miami.  If Douglas and Benford go, I expect us to shield Rice quite well.

Again, Chiefs ability to stop Phins run game was mostly a result of the Phins abandoning it in lieu of hucking it deep on prayers. Even when game was close.  More a result of bad game planning/ adjustments than anything. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Again, Chiefs ability to stop Phins run game was mostly a result of the Phins abandoning it in lieu of hucking it deep on prayers. More a result of bad game planning/ adjustments than anything. 

It was more a response to our adjustments.  When they were having early success we were playing two deep.  We adjusted and brought one more down into the box.

Edited by SWATeam

I honestly don't take anything away from the Chiefs/Dolphins game. 

We all know KC, like BUF, can play in cold weather.  

MIA cannot.  Look at some of the tape breakdowns on X of huge plays Tua missed because he couldn't throw the football in cold weather.   And our Defense is beat up, but it's not Miami level beat up and McDermott is a better Defensive mind than Fangio is currently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Again, Chiefs ability to stop Phins run game was mostly a result of the Phins abandoning it in lieu of hucking it deep on prayers. Even when game was close.  More a result of bad game planning/ adjustments than anything. 

I think it was more nuanced than just abandoning to launch deep shots.

Dolphins came out running early, but ran the same scheme as they did against the Bills, who showed how you can stop it with single high.  After a few drives of long third downs due to poor running on first and second, they started to abandon early down runs in favor of motion passing... which also didnt work.  Then they obviously aren't running on a3rd and 10, so at that point the run game was taken out of the gameplan altogether.  

I agree, it was poor gameplan and their coach has shown to take out the run game if it isn't working quite quickly in the past.  But he didn't decide to just start launching shots downfield because he wanted to.  He wasn't getting any movement on early downs with the run game, so he overadjusted into this pass heavy offense that also didnt work.

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Maybe Taylor Rapp (if healthy himself)? In some sort of dime / hybrid linebacker / big nickel role?

2. Yep, and again our athleticism at the second level if our starters end up being Klein, Dodson and Lewis concerns me there too. Might have to really ask the ends to be disciplined and that takes away from your pass rush. What would you rather have? Pick your poison. 

3. Agee. I think we are going to need another exceptional performance from Josh and his supporting cast, which - other than the Knox drop right after half time - showed out pretty well for him vs Pitt. 

Haven't we been doing that for the last half of the season except Rapp comes in for Poyer and Poyer slides down into the dime/hybrid/big nickel role? Why would we change what has been working (if Rapp is healthy)

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

I feel like that crew has been running on fumes for months now and that they also have the feel of a team that has been circling the event horizon of a total implosion.

If the Bills are executing their A game, I think there is a legit chance we could see an epic Chiefs meltdown in the 2nd half on Sunday.

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I think that crew has been running on fumes for months now and that they also have the feel of a team that has been circling the event horizon of a total implosion.

If the Bills are executing their A game, there is a legit chance we could see an epic Chiefs meltdown in the 2nd half on Sunday.

It's possible.  I was surprised to see Mahomes road stats of  10 TD /  8 INT.   + Their pass defense gives up almost 11 points above expected on the road per game

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure Chiefs fans are confident because they are the Champs until proven otherwise and they have a healthy Mahomes plus a solid D.  I'd be confident if I were them too.  

I don't think this game comes down to matchups or anything.  There will be no surprises for either side.  I think Josh Allen has to carry the Bills on his back and carve up the Chiefs D (with his arm and legs) like no other team has done this season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m sorry, but given all the injuries on D I am not enjoying any of this lead up.

I can’t stop thinking about this game, 24/7, and I can’t stop hoping and praying they get a reasonable number of these guys back on D.  I want this game so very badly. I’d be willing to go bald all over again just to have it.

Please somebody come to my house and bash my head in with a hammer.

Just also be sure to wake me up by 6:30 on Sunday. Shaving and sponge bathing me until I am awake again shall not be required of you, but if it is your thing you may feel free to consider it a bonus. 

Go Bills!

A good, disciplined and physical defensive line can cure/hide a lot of what ails ya.  Fortunately that is the healthiest part of the Bills Defense.  The weakest link on the Chiefs is the LT and RT.  If Floyd and Rousseau can get home, and DQ and Eddie O can clog the middle, they have a decent chance in this game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's possible.  I was surprised to see Mahomes road stats of  10 TD /  8 INT.   + Their pass defense gives up almost 11 points above expected on the road per game

They have not been good on the road vs big time games or hostile environments. 

Lost to GB this year, Broncos, then Bengals late last year on road and 21. Killed by Tenn and close one @ Balt in 21. Very uneven on the road versus good teams. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.