Vindication for a few?

Buftex

So, kind of fitting: Trent Sherfield, Deonte Harty and Taylor Rapp, three of Beane's off-season FA signings were all viewed as being kinda underwhelming...but all three played a major role in stealing the #2 seed from Miami. And the much-maligned Sean McDermotts defense was amazing down the stretch. Nicely done gentlemen!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Take it a step further and Oliver and Epenesa have also been legit. It’s almost like Beane sort of knows what he’s doing 

Leonard Floyd as well...though I was referring more specifically to tonights game. 

I actually felt really good for Harty. He looked so genuinely happy on the sideline...like relieved that he was finally able to contribute to a huge win.

• Agree 2

How about that 2022 draft! Even if Elam doesn't work out, and I'm willing to give him one more chance when he's healthy, we had 5 class of 2022 contributing tonight and those final day picks!  

2-Cook

3-Bernard

5-Shakir

6-Benford

7-Spector

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

McD defense has been light years better than Frazier’s. What a difference. And we have been plagued by injuries all year on that side of the ball. 

It seemed rough at times early, but he seems to be back to schematically adjusting and out-coaching the opposing offenses. Miami fans are apoplectic that McDaniel "didn't make adjustments" in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

McD defense has been light years better than Frazier’s. What a difference. And we have been plagued by injuries all year on that side of the ball. 

That’s a 13 win season at least if we had at least one of a tre white level cb,Matt Milano, Daquan jones and whoever the heck else I’m forgetting for that jags to broncos game stretch.  Ed Oliver can get included in that in the pats game.  Douglas was a huge addition but he was probably still getting acclimated in the broncos game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Amazing how these three pickups that were added to provide roster depth all played huge roles in the biggest regular season game of the year.

Beane wanted them for what they had the potential to do for the tean, but to have it play out as it did last night was just amazing.

And to think how all three of these guys were flamed by this board throughout the year, at times referred to as bums and "what are they doing on the field" comments. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Spector too. I was worried when Dodson (himself a backup who has way outplayed expectations) went out but Braylon was really good. And Jackson made a critical pass breakup too on a 3rd down. 

Both teams had injuries last night and coming in for the Dolphins. It was clear which team's backups had been coached up and were ready to play. 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spector too. I was worried when Dodson (himself a backup who has way outplayed expectations) went out but Braylon was really good. And Jackson made a critical pass breakup too on a 3rd down. 

Both teams had injuries last night and coming in for the Dolphins. It was clear which team's backups had been coached up and were ready to play. 

Does make me worry about Dorian Williams a little bit

I thought Spectre played excellent too, but I’ve always thought that he should’ve gotten his opportunity

• Agree 1

I agree but these guys all got more crap than they deserved...fans are ruthless at times.    Harty can make people miss and Sherfield can do some stuff on offense, he showed it last night even though he did not other times.  Sherfield may have to step up big time moving forward.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Does make me worry about Dorian Williams a little bit

Against that misdirection heavy offense Dorian Williams would have been a major liability. He is a rookie. The game will slow down for him. His head will stop spinning. And when it does he has the physical talent to be a player. But at the moment mentally he isn't at the level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In the end, at season’s end of 17 game seasons, EVERY team is mashed up! The ‘kids’ simply have to step up,if you want to win the Lombardi!

I believe theChiefs had 6 Rooks playing on their last SB win.

NO whining, put your big boy football pants on and STEP ***** UP!

Your time is now!

Right now.

And…

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

So, kind of fitting: Trent Sherfield, Deonte Harty and Taylor Rapp, three of Beane's off-season FA signings were all viewed as being kinda underwhelming...but all three played a major role in stealing the #2 seed from Miami. And the much-maligned Sean McDermotts defense was amazing down the stretch. Nicely done gentlemen!

We didn’t steal anything from them. We went in there and took what was rightfully ours. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

For Spector to come in at linebacker, with so little preparation time and experience, against that offense with all that misdirection and pre-snap movement, honestly was super impressive. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Against that misdirection heavy offense Dorian Williams would have been a major liability. He is a rookie. The game will slow down for him. His head will stop spinning. And when it does he has the physical talent to be a player. But at the moment mentally he isn't at the level. 

My guess is that Williams would be next man up (over Spector) against a lot of teams. From what I’ve read, Williams’ biggest flaw right now is biting on misdirection. Doesn’t matter how fast you are if you get fooled on the play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.