Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Weather sets up for Steelers for sure.  They are a run first team plus that defense is top notch.

Losing Watt is a big loss for that defense. He is a "game changer" type of player. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm no meteorologist, but isn't it a bit early to be forecasting winds??

I'd guess Thursday night-Friday morning is when the % of accuracy in forecasting goes way up 

we had a few games this year where the original forecast was very windy and then it was nothing.  So, we'll see

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm a geek with it, too.

I'm actually on a sabbatical right now and have myself most of the way talked into heading down and trying my hand at chasing storms in the Alley for a couple weeks this spring. :wacko:

My guess is that with your two favorite teams playing this weekend, you aren't doing much of anything till Sunday. Except stomping the ground in excitement. Amirite? 

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

My guess is that with your two favorite teams playing this weekend, you aren't doing much of anything till Sunday. Except stomping the ground in excitement. Amirite? 

Weird situation for me.

Was looking into grabbing a couple good seats and heading up for a playoff game for the first time in ages, but staying here and hanging out with all my Stiller fans and torturing them is too rare an opportunity to pass up.

Then 5 minutes ago my wife and I just tested positive for Covid. :doh:

• Sad 1

Looks like a cold pattern is starting on Sunday until at least the following weekend. High all week is 28 degrees. Could be bad weather for both games. 

Could definitely help vs Texans in round 2, vs KC and Pittsburgh not so much. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

atmospheric physics is super heavy duty math.  Ive always been a weather nerd.  I have several friends even more into weather, who were better at math, had the passion, all had to quit their dream of being a meteorologist due to super difficult math.  Any meteorologist has my upmost respect.

Yup that's why I switched majors after 2 years. Walked into a class where there was just a senior level class beforehand and saw an equation for one variable that you had to figure out by hand that went across a triple blackboard 3 times. I was like I'm out.

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Looks like a cold pattern is starting on Sunday until at least the following weekend. High all week is 28 degrees. Could be bad weather for both games. 

Could definitely help vs Texans in round 2, vs KC and Pittsburgh not so much. 

Our record "warm" temp streak in danger of coming to an end...continue to extend the all time record for most consecutive days without a temp under 20 degrees. Around 318 days now, broke the record at 306 in late December.

Last day under 20 was when it got down to 16 degrees Feb 23 of last year.

Looks like we have a few days temps dropping into the teens potentially coming up after this week.

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Weather sets up for Steelers for sure.  They are a run first team plus that defense is top notch.

Not without TJ Watt it isn't.

Edited by Big Turk

21 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not sure about the weather, but Bills fans should prepare for a lot of Terrible Towels. I bet there will be 30% or more Steelers fans.

Unlikely. We are not Miami.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

The Bills running game was horrible  last night. BETTER GET THAT FIXED IN A HURRY

Was the Dallas game an anomaly? They suck against the run and we have not been overly impressive running since then.

47 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm no meteorologist, but isn't it a bit early to be forecasting winds??

Not really because if there is a sharp temperature change there are almost always relatively stronger winds.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not really because if there is a sharp temperature change there are almost always relatively stronger winds.

That makes sense. And temps a lot easier to forecast so it goes hand in hand. Thanks! 

15 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Was the Dallas game an anomaly? They suck against the run and we have not been overly impressive running since then.

we put up the most rushing yards that the Patriots allowed all season just last week. Rushing attack is solid. 

23 minutes ago, Simon said:

Weird situation for me.

Was looking into grabbing a couple good seats and heading up for a playoff game for the first time in ages, but staying here and hanging out with all my Stiller fans and torturing them is too rare an opportunity to pass up.

Then 5 minutes ago my wife and I just tested positive for Covid. :doh:

Bummer. 

Playing this out now and based on my recent experience, you should see symptoms for 3 days and then start recovering. Then you should be testing negative by Friday. I understand you being respectful of your friends' health, but you should be still okay to see the game live. No?

Granted it would be much more fun to laugh at your Steelers friends as their team is getting trampled ( I really think this will be a blowout unless the weather forces teams to be conservative in the passing game)

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Bummer. 

Playing this out now and based on my recent experience, you should see symptoms for 3 days and then start recovering. Then you should be testing negative by Friday. I understand you being respectful of your friends' health, but you should be still okay to see the game live. No?

Granted it would be much more fun to laugh at your Steelers friends as their team is getting trampled ( I really think this will be a blowout unless the weather forces teams to be conservative in the passing game)

Already got hammered by the symptoms last week. Only bothered testing because my wife started getting sick last night and insisted, otherwise I would have never even known.

And I'm a little spooked by the Stiller game. We have some issues with 3-4 fronts and Pittsburgh has taken advantage of that in the past. Their rungame is also finding a bit of a groove which is the only good way for them to limit Josh Allen's touches and with their knack for making ugly games and then stealing them, there's some potential for some discomfort there. If weather becomes a factor it could exacerbate all these issues and there is also some potential for that to be the case as well.

Regardless of any of it, we shall continue with style. 🤙

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.