1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

21 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Fin Heaven sentiment for the moment

image.thumb.png.fcc51a402699cc070c581f16dd954451.png

Wonder what that pull would look like here?  Count me for a Bills win vote.

16 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Do we have an official inactive list

These come ~90 minutes before each game.

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

And this is why incentives are given. A motivated Floyd attacking Tua today to get 1.5 sacks and collect his $1M when the season is on the line! Love it!!!!

They could guarantee me a million dollars to get 1.5 sacks and I would get it.  I'm old and broken but I have that much dog left for life changing money.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This entire season has felt strange from the very start.  Going into it, I was excited because, in my eyes, on paper this was the most talented roster from top to bottom that we have had since McDermott got here.  Granted, there were some injuries that were going to linger coming into the season with Von and others and we didn't have a clue as to what we were going to get out of Tre.  There of course were questions about Dorsey and the offense, the Diggs situation, and we didn't know how all of this stuff with Hamlin was going to be handled, etc.  But, overall, there was a lot to look forward to.  

Then the season started and we came out completely flat.  I mean, the first half against the Jets we were sluggish and it was obvious from the start that they were fully intent on neutering Allen and taking away the thing that makes him special......his legs and the ability to make plays outside of structure.  They refused to run him in obvious situations that called for it.  Heck, even the QB sneak seemed to be a last resort.  But they had the lead at halftime and, as ugly as it was, it should have been a game that was put away easily given everything that happened in that game.  But alas, this was one of many that were given away for no good reason.

The next few weeks were a little better for sure.  Big wins and shocking wins as well.  But it soon became obvious that Dorsey was just in over his head.  There was no creativity.  No motion.  No eye candy.  No Allen runs.  Virtually all shotgun, even at the goal line.  It was mesh concept after mesh concept.  It was a sprint draw over and over again in the running game.  It literally looked like there were 7-10 plays in the entire playbook and teams caught on very quickly.  Time management was (and unfortunately still is) a major problem for McDermott.  Wasting time outs and still playing the softest zone imaginable in critical situations lead us to more losses that we should have never taken.  Couple that with not being able to count how many players are on the field with the game on the line of course came back to bite us.  Then, of course the London game happens and there were many reasons to think the season was pretty much over for all intents and purposes.

And yet, here we are.  After all this still with everything we want in front of us if we can find a way to just keep winning games.  It's odd......where as the last few years there have been several games you could point to and say that we probably couldn't have played much better than we did in those games, I find myself thinking that I am not sure that has really happened this season.  Sure, we had a couple of big wins this year.  One was even against this Dolphins team we are getting ready to play tonight.  But I still am not sure we have played one of those games where it just looked like everything worked.  Where the passing game, the running game, and the defense and special teams all played to their potential.  Look, I never go into a game expecting perfection.  That really doesn't happen in the NFL (the NE* Playoff game aside), but you just know when watching a dominant game that when it's over, you just say.....yeah...that's what we would love it to look like all the time.

We have been in Playoff mode for almost 2 months now.  The way things have shaken out since we were 6-6 have made it very obvious that if we would have even dropped one more game than we did along the way, today's game would have been meaningless, the season would be considered a failure and a completely wasted one at that, and we would be already looking forward to the draft.  That said, we're here.  We have a chance to right all the wrongs and forget about all the negative stuff that happened this season with a win tonight.  We still have a chance to search for that dominant 3-phase win.  We can still find our best football ahead of us.  I want this team to embrace this and leave it all out there tonight.  This season hasn't been a great one yet.  But it still has a chance to be the best season in franchise history with 5 more wins.  So, let's go get one of those wins tonight and get in the tournament because once you get in, anything can happen.  GO BILLS!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Does anyone like Irvin on there and he never gives useful insights

“day dogs” doesn’t count as useful!

C'MON MAN!!!!

Irvin is and always has been a Josh Hater.  Get in line Michael.  

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's shaping up like either we win and get the #2, or lose and we're on the couch until the end of July. 

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is the scenario wouldn't it be the biggest regular season game in NFL history?  I don't believe there has ever been a situation like this before, so much being at stake in one game.    

Edited by coloradobillsfan

12 minutes ago, sven233 said:

This entire season has felt strange from the very start. 

Yup. I was uneasy before week 1. Such a roller coaster of a season. Such low lows, I feel it’s all gravy from here. I’ve never been this zen with the postseason on the line. Whatever happens happens. We are all leaves on a mighty stream. Chop wood, carry water. Stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball, Danny.

Go Bills. 

33 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They could guarantee me a million dollars to get 1.5 sacks and I would get it.  I'm old and broken but I have that much dog left for life changing money.

Ha!  You and everyone else here would be lucky to even get out of our stance on the defensive line without being knocked backwards on our butts at the snap of the ball.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Ha!  You and everyone else here would be lucky to even get out of our stance on the defensive line without being knocked backwards on our butts at the snap of the ball.  

Man I am sure I can find a Rudy moment in there, but yeah I would probably get killed on the first snap lol.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

For a million dollars probably find strongest guy on the D-line and see if he couldn't just throw you like a javelin over the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Man I am sure I can find a Rudy moment in there, but yeah I would probably get killed on the first snap lol.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to get punched in the chest by an nfl offensive lineman.  

Probably on the couch for 3 months trying to recover

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just because games don't always go the way you like doesn't mean you get rid of one of the most successful gm/hc tandems in franchise history.

They are not going anywhere this off season. 

I am so glad your group can only whine on social platforms and have no real decision making authority.

Who said they should go anywhere. I said there are questions to be answered. Don't ever get to a point where you are complacent with being good and afraid to be great.

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Didn't see that coming.

Unfortunately, the Titans punter can't catch the ball apparently and literally handed the Jags 3 points before the half.  21-13.  The thing is, the Titans could be up 21 points and I still wouldn't feel like they were going to win.  I would be shocked if they hold on in the 2nd half, but it is what it is.  We just need to win tonight.

11 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

If the Jags lose, the Dolphins will either have to play the Bills again at home or go to KC. Tough.

Beating Miami 3 times in a season sounds like fun too. Not sure KC even wins today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.