1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

20 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Mistake free football, play hard and play fast.  Catch the ball, Go Bills

Mistake free is critical. Their D will come out flying and hitting. Bills need to weather the storm, keep gaining yards and go up early. Don't call low percentage plays in the first half till we have have a comfortable lead. There should be ample opportunity for dinking and dunking. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Mistake free is critical. Their D will come out flying and hitting. Bills need to weather the storm, keep gaining yards and go up early. Don't call low percentage plays in the first half till we have have a comfortable lead. There should be ample opportunity for dinking and dunking. 

They are supposed to be vulnerable to running back passes. Their LBs are dinged and have been a weak spot.

Let Cook and Kincaid eat until they leave Ramsey on Diggs, Apple on Gabe one on one and *then* slide in the dagger 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The pro bowl snub is ridiculous but is there anyway josh can still be an all pro with a big game tonight?

Lamar as the first and josh as the 2nd all pro. I'm not sure who else you could nominate for all pro? Not Tua , Josh would have beaten him twice.  Josh will have almost 20 TDs more than Mahomes. The only person I could see over allen would be Dak, but Allen beat him head to head and has more TDs than him.  Josh also may very well finish 2nd in MVP voting. 

Didn't Josh get snubbed the year of the 13 seconds game when he was perfect in the playoffs? I could be wrong but pretty sure it was. Hope it has a similar effect on his play this year

GO BILLS!!!

26 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Brass tacks?

While I am worried, the Patriots have a good defense, and Josh sometimes just has bad games. It happens every once in a while.

The offense wasn't bad vs the Chargers so much as we kept digging ourselves into holes with bad turnovers. 

I concur but bad turnovers have been a reason the offense is playing poorly

I can’t remember a team being in a position to win the number 2 seed or miss the playoffs entirely based on the results of one game.  Am I crazy or is this a pretty rare circumstance?  Either way hopefully the boys take care of business tonight.  I know we’ve been spoiled the last 5 years but missing playoffs would be a real bummer.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

I can’t remember a team being in a position to win the number 2 seed or miss the playoffs entirely based on the results of one game.  Am I crazy or is this a pretty rare circumstance?  Either way hopefully the boys take care of business tonight.  I know we’ve been spoiled the last 5 years but missing playoffs would be a real bummer.  

We deserve to be a bit spoiled after the 17 year drought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

It's been talked about before in other threads. Pretty rare. Like 6 or 7 times and at least two of those times the team lost and was out of the playoffs.

75 and overcast with 94% humidity down here right now and you can feel it.

Probably should drop as the day goes.

Hope the boys are well hydrated.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dolphins have been told all week they can't win this because they're too injured, too finesse and generally overrated. They'll come out frothing at the mouth and playing with hatred in their hearts. 

Bills need to break their spirit early. 

This is a very real scenario that's out there.

And the Bills believe they're destined to win the AFCE. I fear the dolphins putting up a couple scores with us only getting our field goal in the first quarter then being deflated the rest of the game. Ya know, first quarter is 10-3 Miami. First half is 13-6 Miami.  3Q is 16-13 Miami. 4th we get to 20-16 Buffalo then final is like 26-20 Miami.

That's how our season has gone. The narrative of this era. 

• Angry 1

28 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

They are supposed to be vulnerable to running back passes. Their LBs are dinged and have been a weak spot.

Let Cook and Kincaid eat until they leave Ramsey on Diggs, Apple on Gabe one on one and *then* slide in the dagger 

Hey! I like that!

Hell Yeah Nod GIF by Bounce

51 minutes ago, nucci said:

All of you think we're just going to destroy them even after watching our offense recently? This is going to be a tough game

Maybe. But I can also see them finally clicking on all cylinders. They seem due for a dominant offensive showing. 

Let's be honest: We have no idea what to expect. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

LFG BUFFALO!!! Big W's tonight!!!

Honestly at this point, I just want Miami fans to stfu.  They have been insufferable this week.  Completely floods my twitter feed and some of them are just disgusting humans.  I've honestly never seen anything like it.  I think a few of them think they are going to make big bucks farming impressions or something.  Wait till they get that check for $2.50.

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, boyst said:

This is a very real scenario that's out there.

And the Bills believe they're destined to win the AFCE. I fear the dolphins putting up a couple scores with us only getting our field goal in the first quarter then being deflated the rest of the game. Ya know, first quarter is 10-3 Miami. First half is 13-6 Miami.  3Q is 16-13 Miami. 4th we get to 20-16 Buffalo then final is like 26-20 Miami.

That's how our season has gone. The narrative of this era. 

Can very well happen. Buffalo has played down to competition and has shown little urgency in must win games.

Miami though decimated is still a better roster than the Chargers or Patriots and being a "win or go home" scenario (if Jax wins) doesn't help our team. 

Many like myself feel if they can't beat the Fins under these conditions they don't deserve to be in it. But I can guarantee you if the Bills had a berth in their pocket already and were able to  play loose they'd absolutely embarrass Miami tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Worse case scenario, Bills lose and season over. But, if there’s any silver lining it’s that without making any additional moves they have a draft pick in at least the top 18. With a couple trades maybe move into top 12 and grab a blue chip WR.  Also, slightly easier schedule in 2024, playing 2nd place teams in 2 AFC divisions and NFC.  I believe we’d get Broncos and Browns where Miami gets KC and Ravens in AFC. 
Not wishing any of that on the Bills, just looking for some redemption should the worst happen. 
That said, I’m usually a bit nervous about the Bills; will they find a way to beat themselves with turnovers, poor execution, dumb penalties, etc.? 
Not feeling any of that today. My gut is telling me the Bills will slap the Dolphins silly, winning their 4th consecutive division title. 
Go Bills! Squish those fish! 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Leonard Fournette has been elevated for this game apparently.  Was on NFL Live a few minutes ago.

That means one of the other backs will not start today, Johnson or Murray..

Playoff Lenny ready to rumble and squish some fish !!

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.