Steelers @ Ravens 4:30pm Game Thread

Process

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Yeah…it’s dumb.  Benching players ruins the integrity of the game and should not be allowed.  

In soccer, I remember at the end of the season the team I support had nothing to play other. Against other sides with nothing to play for, he picked youngsters and reserves. But when playing teams involved in a relegation battle, he picked the strongest team, arguing it otherwise affects the integrity of the competition.

I'll add, if McDermott was in Harbaugh's position, we'd expect him to do the same thing for the most part - maybe give the firsts a run out, but only for a maximum of a half. Perhaps it's something the NFL needs to consider, though it's hard to know what the answer is.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I just hate watching a team lie down to predetermine an outcome. 

It would be simply poetic to face Baltimore in the AFCCG and wax their fannies with a reminder of what they tried to avoid. 

Ravens didn’t purposefully lose.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Lamar's gonna sit for 2 weeks. Seems insane to me, and I'd never want Allen sitting for 2 weeks before a playoff game 

Better than him getting hurt in a meaningless game.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Why? The Ravens played hard in a meaningless game. 

It's not meaningless.  They got swept by their biggest rival.

Bad karma.  I think it's likely they do not make the AFCCG.  We can revisit that prediction.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

In soccer, I remember at the end of the season the team I support had nothing to play other. Against other sides with nothing to play for, he picked youngsters and reserves. But when playing teams involved in a relegation battle, he picked the strongest team, arguing it otherwise affects the integrity of the competition.

I'll add, if McDermott was in Harbaugh's position, we'd expect him to do the same thing for the most part - maybe give the firsts a run out, but only for a maximum of a half. Perhaps it's something the NFL needs to consider, though it's hard to know what the answer is.

It’s to the point where you’d rather a team who could benefit you losing plays a bad to mediocre team last week of the season over a playoff caliber team due to situations like this occurring every year. 

It is what it is, and I’m not sure the Titans will beat the Jags, but I know we’re all much happier the Jags have to face them than the Chiefs or Browns .. who are also resting everyone. 

• Agree 1

Bleep. Well it was too much to ask for that we enjoy a stress free Saturday night.

Onward and upward mateys. The Bills not need no stinkin' help to be in the playooffs ese. 

as IF the steel pukes would do us any favors. 

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.