Anyone else have a good feeling about the Titans vs. Jags?

JMM

1 hour ago, 27yanks said:

My point is, shouldn't have to depend on others lifting your luggage if your capable. Just win baby!!!!

Of course. But you going to refuse help if someone else offer to lift your luggage? That's my point. 

• Agree 1

No. I fully expect the Steelers and Jags to win against teams with zero to play for. 

We are going to need to beat Miami tomorrow, and trust me, they are going to be hungry for the division title and the chance to knock us out of the postseason.  Hold onto your hats, boys. It's gonna be a wild one.

The Titans Oline is about as bad as it gets. The offense as a whole is terrible, and I wouldn't be shocked if their OC is let go...he's been horrendous. 

With Levis, he offers more mobility and can make some plays, but I see Jacksonville dominating them defensively. I also think Christian Kirk has been activated and their offense has enough weapons to put up points.

I don't see any way Tennessee wins this game

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I like Mike Vrabel.  My neighbors son coached with him on a staff and has nothing but nice things to say about him.

I like Doug Pederson also.  Both good coaches.  If he doesn't have Lawrence they definitely can lose the game.

If the titans are into it and can run the ball early there is no reason they can not win the game.

• Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 10:43 AM, Gregg said:

I think the best chance for the Bills to clinch a playoff spot before Sunday night is with the Ravens. Their backups aren't bad, and they will play hard to knock out their hated rivals. I don't see the Jaguars losing to a bad Titans team especially if Lawrence is back.

This aged well. 

I lurked on some Titans boards, and a lot of the fans don't want to win this one. They want to draft an OL and feel a win will get in the way with that. Now I am wondering if Titans management feels the same way? 😑

I’ll be shocked if the Titans pull off the upset today. Very very little has gone the Bills way this year. They have had to earn every inch they’ve gotten so far this season. I don’t expect them to get this giant gift today from the Titans. Bills will need to win it on their own. Besides I want the two seed, being the 6 or 7 isn’t overly exciting. Just win. 

Edited by Billznut

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Very very little has gone the Bills way this year.

That's not really true. We've actually had a lot of results go our way. A couple of weeks ago we got most of the results we needed, bar the Dolphins/Cowboys game. The Bills can't hide behind the bad luck excuse if they get dumped out the playoffs, it's their own fault for dropping games to ***** teams.

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

I’ll be shocked if the Titans pull off the upset today. Very very little has gone the Bills way this year. They have had to earn every inch they’ve gotten so far this season. I don’t expect them to get this giant gift today from the Titans. Bills will need to win it on their own. Besides I want the two seed, being the 6 or 7 isn’t overly exciting. Just win. 

What would be the most painful way for the Bills to miss the playoffs?  

Answer: Titans lose, and we know that prior to our game.  So we are focused and know we have to win (as players on the team and as fans).  We all know the stakes.  

Then: Miami vs. Buffalo game is tight, close, tense, and back and forth on the scoreboard. 

As the game progresses we can sense a Bills win, as we are X points ahead with Y minutes remaining.  But then, lightning strikes, we turn the ball over, Miami picks it up and runs 34 yards for a TD.  The game comes down to a FG kick by the Bills to win, but it's a 54 yarder and it sails wide...LEFT this time.  

The clock expires.  We lose, and in the span of 20 minutes in real time go from pretty sure we will be in the playoffs to being OUT of the playoffs...and calls for McDermott's head resume...

That lightning strike of "We are almost in boys!" to "My God, we are out of the playoffs" in a few minutes would be the most painful thing you can imagine...which is why it's likely to happen.  As a fan going back to the '70s, ask me how I know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.