Her name was Hilda

So sorry for your loss of Hilda. Always the hardest thing losing a pup. My wife and I were a mess when we lost our 16 year old Shi-poo. Even though she had been getting worse and worse she still loved laying in our laps and being with us all the time, she went very sudden. One minute she was perfectly fine, and the next minute she had had a seizure brought on by a brain tumor. She passed that night. 

we went a few weeks mourning her. And one day we went to go play with some puppies and found our new little girl. She’s been the light of our lives ever since. And we have no doubt that things happened exactly the way they were meant to. 

just know that Hilda loved being part of your family and knows you loved her too. And know that Bernard will do the same. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, XXXtraAnchovies said:

But on game day she was transformed into Buffalo Bilda. She never missed a Bills game in her lifetime and would celebrate by barking incessantly with every great play. The day after the Dolphins game she unexpectedly died at 8 years and 7 months. Afterward the Bills season began circling the drain until...

IMG_20230812_114006071~2(2).jpg

I took delivery of Bernard the Buffalo on December 1st and they haven't lost a game since. Go Bills

IMG_20231127_154049_01(1)(1).jpg

Guard Bernard with your life! May he live a long healthy life and help deliver the Bills at least one SB!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Rebel says "Hi to Bernard" and "is sorry about Hilda"

Rebel also says, "Squish the Fish"

B22A257A-1C72-4215-84A6-914B8C3BC99D_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.10c634718a99d642558821987b65a390.jpeg

So - Rebel does have a cause?

And OP, sorry about Hilda. Putting my guy down a couple years ago was extremely difficult for my family. I’m sure Bernard will bring you much joy. 

Edited by stinky finger

12 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

So - Rebel does have a cause?

And OP, sorry about Hilda. Putting my guy down a couple years ago was extremely difficult for my family. I’m sure Bernard will bring you much joy. 

She does...she supports David Bowie's charitable works in his memory...  Actually she was born in MS and adopted in MN.  The boys named her Rebel for Ole Miss

2 hours ago, XXXtraAnchovies said:

But on game day she was transformed into Buffalo Bilda. She never missed a Bills game in her lifetime and would celebrate by barking incessantly with every great play. The day after the Dolphins game she unexpectedly died at 8 years and 7 months. Afterward the Bills season began circling the drain until...

IMG_20230812_114006071~2(2).jpg

I took delivery of Bernard the Buffalo on December 1st and they haven't lost a game since. Go Bills

IMG_20231127_154049_01(1)(1).jpg

Sorry for your loss and also your new pup is adorable!

Mini Schnauzers? 

The first pet my wife and I had was Angus, a Scottie mix. He was literally born under the transmitter of the FM station I worked at in Lubbock in the early 80s. Best dog we ever had. My in-laws had a place on the water and Angus would find a stick, a branch, eventually logs, walk out on the pier, nose the piece of wood into the water, dive in to retrieve it, then climb up a ladder to do it again. Over and over for hours. Great dog.

Here are my current two, Rosie and Chimi 

IMG-20231122-204249.jpg

Taken while I'm watching the Bills or Sabres. "We see you have snacks. We like snacks."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Sorry for your loss and also your new pup is adorable!

Mini Schnauzers? 

Thanks for everyone's kind words and pictures of their fam. Understandably I somewhat missed the mark on the intent of the thread though which was to honor her memory but also be lighthearted to a degree. Also, Bernard is named after Terrell and he is a Giant Schnauzer

3311270b-4571-4c05-9849-0743f1546f60.jpg

Edited by XXXtraAnchovies
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, XXXtraAnchovies said:

Thanks for everyone's kind words and pictures of their fam. Understandably I somewhat missed the mark on the intent of the thread though which was to honor her memory but also be lighthearted to a degree. Also, Bernard is named after Terrell and he is a Giant Schnauzer

Permission to also call him Nard-dog? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, XXXtraAnchovies said:

I have a mini schnauzer, named her Cookie after Cookie Gilchrist. She looks a lot like Bernard's puppy pic! We had always had big dogs so was wondering about what a Giant Schnauzer would be like bc we like Cookie so much.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a great thread.  I been there and done that......had to put down my Mini Labradoodle @ 15+ years......what a huge kick in the gut that was.  Now we have a yapper.  A Yorkiepoo......damned if I don't love the lil beast!!!  Wearing her X-Mas outfit....she has a sweet Bills shirt too.

Z.jpg.83d13af8d18aa77fa7bf19241a2eb117.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Permission to also call him Nard-dog? 

haha that's totally one of his nicknames. Another is Herny Bernie because he has a penchant for the devils dance. Let's just say you don't want to call him over if you're wearing short pants

We’ve had over 20 dogs but our favorite was a German Shepherd named Calhoun. He was named that because my 12 year old son and I attended a pre season game against the Giants. I told him that we would name our new puppy for whoever scored the winning touchdown.it was Don Calhoun a 10th round draft choice in 1974 who was the hero. Calhoun was a huge part of our family for 12 years!

6 minutes ago, dock581 said:

We’ve had over 20 dogs but our favorite was a German Shepherd named Calhoun. He was named that because my 12 year old son and I attended a pre season game against the Giants. I told him that we would name our new puppy for whoever scored the winning touchdown.it was Don Calhoun a 10th round draft choice in 1974 who was the hero. Calhoun was a huge part of our family for 12 years!

Whew, it's a good thing Vai Sikahema wasn't dressed. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.