Bills Sunday night on Peacock?

SoMAn

Directv is our primary provider for TV. 
They’re having one of those semi-regular contract disputes that cable and satellite carriers seem to have nowadays. Because of it, we haven’t had access via Directv to the local Atlanta NBC affiliate for several weeks. No idea how close they are to resolving the dispute. 
Can one of you answer this: does Peacock carry the Sunday Night NFL telecasts? 
btw- don’t need commentary on Directv. We’re long time subscribers that have an excellent 3-TV HD DVR package with Max and most cable channels for which we’re billed a whopping $60/month.  They’ve been very good about negotiating low fees with us. 

Yes sir, while we played the only Peacock exclusive game against the Chargers a few weeks ago, all SNF games are simulcast on Peacock. I also believe there will be a Peacock exclusive playoff game during the Wild Card round. Hope that helps.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

They’re having one of those semi-regular contract disputes that cable and satellite carriers seem to have nowadays. Because of it, we haven’t had access via Directv to the local Atlanta NBC affiliate for several weeks. No idea how close they are to resolving the dispute. 
btw- don’t need commentary on Directv. We’re long time subscribers that have an excellent 3-TV HD DVR package with Max and most cable channels for which we’re billed a whopping $60/month.  They’ve been very good about negotiating low fees with us. 

Do you have Directv streaming, or dish or both. I am left without NBC, like you, on DTV Streaming. I have not checked the dish to see if NBC is available there. Regardless, I believe it will be available on Peacock. 

What NBC is accomplishing is teaching me how to live life….without missing NBC programming. 

• Like (+1) 2

I loved Peacock’s no advertisement portion of the 4th Quarter. 

NFL should do their own broadcasts and have more game focused material when there’s a break in play. Commercials are getting out of hand in frequency and length. 

If I’m paying you a decent amount of $ to be able to watch the game why not offer more insight to the viewer? 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Spend the $30 a get am over the air antenna. 

Not really sure how effective over the air antenna is in this north Atlanta suburb because of the topography.  I believe DIRECTV is actually offering to provide antennas. I’m curious to see if it would work. 

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you have Directv streaming, or dish or both. I am left without NBC, like you, on DTV Streaming. I have not checked the dish to see if NBC is available there. Regardless, I believe it will be available on Peacock. 

What NBC is accomplishing is teaching me how to live life….without missing NBC programming. 

Assuming the previous responder is correct, it looks like we’ll be able to view the game on Peacock. Thanks to heads up from one of the TSW posters, we purchased the Black Friday special one year subscription for $19.99, so we should be able to view it there. 
BTW- we went for first game at the Kennesaw Anchor Bar with friends Had a great time.  
How did you watch? Whitehall? 

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Not really sure how effective over the air antenna is in this north Atlanta suburb because of the topography.  I believe DIRECTV is actually offering to provide antennas. I’m curious to see if it would work. 

Assuming the previous responder is correct, it looks like we’ll be able to view the game on Peacock. Thanks to heads up from one of the TSW posters, we purchased the Black Friday special one year subscription for $19.99, so we should be able to view it there. 
BTW- we went for first game at the Kennesaw Anchor Bar with friends Had a great time.  
How did you watch? Whitehall? 

I caved and got Peacock hoping I’ll start getting Dan Patrick shows live on the actual day they air. The “free Peacock” had his shows delayed one business day.  Whitehall is great, but I was just going to go to Padriac’s because it’s a mile from my house, so an easy Uber or walk. 

How was the Anchor Bar in Kennesaw? I’ve been twice just for lunch. I won’t be making a third trip unless I get some reports of better food than I have experienced. It was fairly new when I went so maybe I should cut them some slack, but quite disappointing. Wings were just ok, and the beef on weck did not seem very substantial. I can honestly do better at home. The Duffs that used to be in Newnan had great food, but they closed a few years ago. I’d make the 45 mile trip each way a couple times a year to get my fix. 

4 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I need to go to your school of negotiating. My bill just went up $50/mo. To a mind numbing $190/mo. Time for me to call and threaten to leave again I guess 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BBFL said:

without that I probably never would have laid eyes on the “Dicker the Kicker for Pro Bowl” video, which was hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I've experimented with multiple different kinds and the best reception I got was with this one.

Although this less expensive one was a very close second.

I literally just set them on the window sill in the kitchen aimed toward Erie ~ 50 miles away and picked up about a dozen channels (including all networks)

It's all about line of sight, so curvature of the Earth will limit any reception to no more than 60(ish) miles.

As flat as central GA is, I would guess you'd be just fine all the way up to around the Amicalola area.

Could also be an issue if you happen to be at the bottom of a particularly deep river valley along the Chattahoochee.

You can find these antennas at a Walmart and know within 15 minutes if it will work for you and then return it if it doesn't.

Might be worth a shot to know you never have to worry about it again.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BBFL said:

NFL should do their own broadcasts and have more game focused material when there’s a break in play. Commercials are getting out of hand in frequency and length. 

If I’m paying you a decent amount of $ to be able to watch the game why not offer more insight to the viewer? 

Seemed to me like peacock showed a lot more commercials during q1-3 and then we were stuck watching and listening to the collinsworth and tirico talk about nonsense during the 4ths. 

🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe my perception of reality was off that night

3 hours ago, BBFL said:

It’s difficult for me to believe that more eyes aren’t on a 2 minute discussion about the game - complete with advertiser logos on screen - versus a set of breakaway commercials. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Seemed to me like peacock showed a lot more commercials during q1-3 and then we were stuck watching and listening to the collinsworth and tirico talk about nonsense during the 4ths. 

They did. I won’t dispute that. The 4th quarter was just refreshing to have a commercial free broadcast and something that should be the case if you’re paying a premium fee IMO. 

9 hours ago, BBFL said:

The commercials are out of hand bc the networks pay bazillions of dollars to air this bc they get the ad revenue. Sure there will be one offs like the Peacock games, but 99% of the games will be as is. Maybe in a few years there will be an option to pay even more to listen to Collinsworth flap his gums between timeouts, but im good as is. Just be happy we don't have a PPV Super Bowl... Yet. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

It was one of the quicker Bills games overall this season I think, so I do believe the commercial free 4th helped a bit.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I need to go to your school of negotiating. My bill just went up $50/mo. To a mind numbing $190/mo. Time for me to call and threaten to leave again I guess 

Directv is terrible, i had them for years, and with NFL ticket my bill was always around 180$. This year I got YouTube tv because of the NFL ticket, even though it’s not cheaper I can cancel soon as the season is over. Direct tv was year round bill. 

15 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Directv is terrible, i had them for years, and with NFL ticket my bill was always around 180$. This year I got YouTube tv because of the NFL ticket, even though it’s not cheaper I can cancel soon as the season is over. Direct tv was year round bill. 

Honestly I think YouTube(google) knocked it out of the park

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It was one of the quicker Bills games overall this season I think, so I do believe the commercial free 4th helped a bit.

It was the first game I’ve watched at the house since the covid season. Hard for me to distinguish.  I just remember thinking “no more Tirico and collinsworth!”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.