Pats fans perspective of the game

PatsFanNH

Here are my perspective on the game:

1.  1st quarter the only positive NE had was the kickoff for a TD. Outside of that 3 TO inside their on 30 turned into 13 points by the Bills.

2.  2nd quarter a pick 6. I still don’t see who he was going to. Easy pic and return for the Bills.

3. I am shocked that the Bills were not able pass all over this secondary Bryant is a bad cover corner and Austin is a guy we picked off the street. (Although he has played well the last few weeks)

4. that opening 3rd quarter drive sealed the game. Great play calling and execution. 

5.  Bills ran better than I expected but if I am honest I couldn’t expect the D play much better than they did against Allen and company. 

6. Bills ran Allen it felt a lot today. 

(more specifics things now)

7. what was Allen thinking when he fumbled the ball after scrambling for 5 yards.. it almost looked like he was trying to lateral it. 

8. I don’t remember the Bills CB name but he single handily won the game in the first half for being responsible for 3 TO directly and 17 points from them.

9. As I mentioned in my breakdown, the Pats FG kicker is a killer! Missed a FG and missed another that was negated by a delay of game.  Just a killer for momentum.

10.  Sorry, running Allen with less than 2 minutes up by 6 with less than 2 minutes left (Pats with no timeout's) had disaster written all over it. Hopefully that doesn’t derail the Bills for the playoff run. 

All said I wasn’t shocked by the outcome. I was shocked as I mentioned at Allen throwing for less than 200 yards and Zappe throwing 3 picks.. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

10.  Sorry, running Allen with less than 2 minutes up by 6 with less than 2 minutes left (Pats with no timeout's) had disaster written all over it. Hopefully that doesn’t derail the Bills for the playoff run. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1.  1st quarter the only positive NE had was the kickoff for a TD. Outside of that 3 TO inside their on 30 turned into 13 points by the Bills.

2.  2nd quarter a pick 6. I still don’t see who he was going to. Easy pic and return for the Bills.

3. I am shocked that the Bills were not able pass all over this secondary Bryant is a bad cover corner and Austin is a guy we picked off the street. (Although he has played well the last few weeks)

4. that opening 3rd quarter drive sealed the game. Great play calling and execution. 

5.  Bills ran better than I expected but if I am honest I couldn’t expect the D play much better than they did against Allen and company. 

7. what was Allen thinking when he fumbled the ball after scrambling for 5 yards.. it almost looked like he was trying to lateral it. 

8. I don’t remember the Bills CB name but he single handily won the game in the first half for being responsible for 3 TO directly and 17 points from them.

9. As I mentioned in my breakdown, the Pats FG kicker is a killer! Missed a FG and missed another that was negated by a delay of game.  Just a killer for momentum.

All said I wasn’t shocked by the outcome. I was shocked as I mentioned at Allen throwing for less than 200 yards and Zappe throwing 3 picks.. 

Pats played with heart all game plus that defense is legit.  The offense needs an overhaul but y’all should be in a good spot for some young talent in the draft and plenty of money to spend.  

Thanks for the insight 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

7 is what I call "melon farmer mode"

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

The game was won! 1:35 left I believe. You run a RB and say he doesn’t make it. So 1:31 inside the 20 you run it all the way down to :51 call time out and kick the FG. let’s say you miss the FG then Zappe has 45 seconds no timeouts and needs go 75 yards to win the game. Just isn’t plausible and if Allen’s injury makes it so he is ineffective next week it really really looks foolish. 

Yeah I think he was extending to get the first. It looks like he looked to see where he was and the  extended his arm. If the Pats defender wasn't there he probably picks up the first.

Allen wasn't accurate at all today, especially in the first half. Kept the game extremely close. Allen has a game like that the rest of the year and the Bills will lose

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

On point number 7. Allen wasn't trying to lateral but rather extend for the first down. 

He was absolutely looking for somebody to pitch it to and if Shakir had been 2 yrds further back, I have zero doubt he would have done it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Just isn’t plausible and if Allen’s injury makes it so he is ineffective next week it really really looks foolish. 

The plausibility of NE getting the ball back with time to run multiple plays was much higher than the probability of your 250lb QB getting hurt right there.

We're flirting with elimination scenarios and it is no time to dick around and call a scared game.

Attack.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

The plausibility of NE getting the ball back with time to run multiple plays was much higher than the probability of your 250lb QB getting hurt right there.

We're flirting with elimination scenarios and it is no time to dick around and call a scared game.

Attack.

Stop making me agree with you 

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I respect your analysis and coming to this board after such a loss today. A lot of Bills fans are not thrilled with the performance albeit a DUB. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Attack.

Really? It was already stated by the announcers he been playing with a hurt shoulder but it isn’t likely that someone on NE would hit him and affiliate said shoulder?  I totally disagree! That ain’t Tom freaking Brady on the sidelines there but “backup for life” Zappe! You protect your recovering QB and play it safe. FYI the stats show it’s a 99% chance for a made FG by your kicker at that spot. So the chances of the Pats having a chance to win was next to nothing. 

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

FYI the stats show it’s a 99% chance for a made FG by your kicker at that spot. So the chances of the Pats having a chance to win was next to nothing. 

If you watched the Bills every single week for the last 20 years, you probably wouldn't have even considered typing anything in that sentence.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

All week it was said on the (local)  radio that Buffalo would have a day exposing the NE secondary. Great job by NE today, but whenever I hear Buffalo is going to feast on anything I go ahead and assume the opposite and it was right of me this week again. Great observations and contribution. 

I won’t lie I am baffled by that today! The Pats top 2 CB are out, and they cut 4 because he is well dumb. Logic stated the Bills O should have feasted on Bryant and Austin (5th string and Street pick up)

Was it the Pats D or the Bills O? I think a mixture of the 2. 

I won’t lie I am baffled by that today! The Pats top 2 CB are out, and they cut 4 because he is well dumb. Logic stated the Bills O should have feasted on Bryant and Austin (5th string and Street pick up)

Was it the Pats D or the Bills O? I think a mixture of the 2. 

You literally have one of the very best defensive minds in the history of the NFL.

That unit is as well-coached as any in football.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The game was won! 1:35 left I believe. You run a RB and say he doesn’t make it. So 1:31 inside the 20 you run it all the way down to :51 call time out and kick the FG. let’s say you miss the FG then Zappe has 45 seconds no timeouts and needs go 75 yards to win the game. Just isn’t plausible

Have you watched the Bills much this season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The game wrecking CB was Douglas the guy we traded for at the trade deadline.  On offense Allen is off, as in not very accurate off.  Throw in a few ill advised throws and then the fact that he loses his mind on occasion and looks to lateral the ball with guys hanging all over him.  Then throwing deep to a covered TE (double covered actually) on 1st down all ill advised.  Luckily our defense was making stops to go along with the turnovers because we've lost or fell behind in games just like this one too many times this year.  McDermott seems to have finally the right mix of when to bring pressure and when to cover.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

1. Yep

2. Hot read. The WR on that side should have changed his route but had a brain fart.  (According to commentary and it made sense looking at it).

3. Pressure from your DTs made it difficult for Allen to set up his throws properly for much of the game. Add several drops and you have a bunch of drive killers right there.

4. 5. 6.  Yep, Yep and Yep

7. Think you are right. Did it earlier and it worked. This time, not so much...

8. Rasul Douglas. Picked him up (and a 5th) for a 3rd from the Packers at the trade deadline. Absolute steal so far. 

9. Yep. Only bad kicker the Bills have faced this year, seems like.

10. Going all in for the win. Best chance for a game ending first down.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Have you seen the Pats O this season? They aren’t just bad they are almost historically bad!!

You're right about that and I can't even argue with the numbers. But the implausible scenario you described is what we often call "Billsy" and we've seen it too many times.

Seal the damn game.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

samesies

42 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Props to Pats D.

Now.....

I am OVERJOYED the Pats are 4-12!!!

I hate those bastards.

So are us Pats fans! We now have the #2 pick again.  Lol

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bryant barely played. Our draft pick Alex Austin did. Maybe that is the future for the Pats. Grab our 7th round picks off the PS.

He has played very well. The Pats have done a good job getting late round and UDFA into decent CB. 

So are us Pats fans! We now have the #2 pick again.  Lol

Good. They'll have to go QB if they stay there - and a team can waste 4-5 years missing on a QB.  

However, it's likely they beat the Jets, and pick more of a sure thing at another position.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.