Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My thoughts (worth what you pay for them)

1.  An ugly win is better than an ugly loss

2.  Josh always rises to the occasion vs the Phins, might be a good launch game into the playoffs

3.  If the Bills run anything other than the tush-push on 3rd and 1, they should beat Joe Brady with a stick

4.  Von sitting today in favor of Epenesa was the right call.  He needs to sit next week too.

5.  Douglas is going to get a fat contract in the off season

6.  It's crazy the Bills are looking at clinching the #2 seed after where they were after the Broncos fiasco

7.  Will this season end up being the most unlikely of Bills' Super Bowls?

Re: #7, the third SB, where we lost the division in Houston when Kelly got hurt, then had The Comeback, then had to go to Pittsburgh and Miami to get to the SB… that felt more unlikely than this would.  Particularly when it was 35-3 Oilers.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This^ - it's way overdue at this point and are extremely lucky we haven't dealt with a significant wr injury - we have guys -Cook/Kincaid/Shakkir are great guys to chip away and hit you with jabs now we just need that overhand right - You get another WR and Diggs automatically gets better but for whatever reason, Diggs just isn't enough right now.

Man how much better could things have been with DHop

Beane really whiffed at the WR position. He’s don this with the oline over and over again. Goes for guys that he thinks can make a jump instead of proven players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This^ - it's way overdue at this point and are extremely lucky we haven't dealt with a significant wr injury - we have guys -Cook/Kincaid/Shakkir are great guys to chip away and hit you with jabs now we just need that overhand right - You get another WR and Diggs automatically gets better but for whatever reason, Diggs just isn't enough right now.

Man how much better could things have been with DHop

My number one off-season want, last year, was to acquire another WR to be a 1(b)  to Diggs.  Someone really good. 

It's going to be the same this off-season as well!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

The Bills win games like next week against Miami, and sometimes make it look like no sweat. Then, there’s a game in the playoffs that they lose, and look and feel like they were never going to win at no point during the game.

Just wish the Buffalo Bills could have a post season with “Super Bowl winning confidence” and swagger throughout. Then, Titletown USA. But with this HC, how could that ever be possible. He’s confidence/swagger-less.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Beane really whiffed at the WR position. He’s don this with the oline over and over again. Goes for guys that he thinks can make a jump instead of proven players. 

Shakir is lookin pretty good…I feel like Kincaids gotta partly count as a wr to the way they use him too…its been a mixed bag though for sure 

Watched another replay of the Zappe TD.  Even worse than the non-called hold on Dodson, TB was running straight at Zappe, and #60 on the Cheats just reached out, grabbed him around the neck and dragged him to the ground, no call.  Brutal play that nearly cost us the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Defense had a very good game.

Offense?  Not so much.

Observations sitting upper deck:

Josh missed a ton of wide open receivers.  Some were quick passes, a lot of others were guys wide open and he was stuck on his first and second reads. Not sure what the issue is, but he is not seeing the field as well as he has.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

W! That’s all that matters. I don’t care what it looked like, we did what we had to do.

I’ve been saying it for weeks but the shine is off Brady. His play calling has been ASS for 2 weeks in a row. It’s Dorsey-esque and I’m not sold on him for next year.

I love Josh, we go where he goes, and he SUCKED today again. His mechanics have been declining all year long. He’s throwing off his back foot, not seeing the field well, and his accuracy has been garbage. It doesn’t help that our receivers get zero separation against man and Brady can’t scheme open a guy to save his life. BUT - we’ve got another week to figure it out and spank Miami.

For the 15th week in a row I can’t understand how Smiley still has a job. Martin was great but overall special teams coverage and decision making on kick off returns was horrendous. Pure garbage and for the amount of money we spend on ST someone has to get the axe.

Thank you McD for calling that TO and getting Brady’s head out of his ass on the 3rd and 1 shotgun

Douglas was defensive MVP

Murray should be benched, 2 drive killing mistakes.

Defense was overall solid but got gashed with ANOTHER 50 yard screen. WTF??

We are on to Miami where I feel very confident we will stomp them and I’m never, ever confident.

Good post. I'm not sure how you can feel confident about the Miami game? 

Did you read your post? Nothing in it displays confidence. 

Don't get me wrong the Bills can definitely win and hopefully they do. However, they can easily lose the road game as well. 

I'm optimistic but very concerned the Bills might not make the playoffs. Pretty bummed that a loss could very well send them home. I was really hoping after today the Bills clinched a playoff birth. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

And inspite of that we still won. It might mean the TEAM is better than some think.

The defense has definitely improved since October and playing terrific.  If they can clean those bubble and screen plays we should be good

Division games are typically close and NE has a good defense. Belichick is a HOF coach and has prepared for Josh Allen a bazillion times now. I expected a relatively close game. I expect next week will be somewhat close but McDermott has Tua’s number I think. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Observations sitting upper deck:

Josh missed a ton of wide open receivers.  Some were quick passes, a lot of others were guys wide open and he was stuck on his first and second reads. Not sure what the issue is, but he is not seeing the field as well as he has.

Good to hear this. Cause on TV it appears there is no one open and the WRs aren’t capable of it, which isn’t fixable. Getting Josh to find guys is, especially if he has more pocket time.

Edited by Best Williams Available

47 minutes ago, BananaB said:

To be fair to Beane, once a team is paying full salary at 4 key positions (QB, WR, Edge, and CB) he really can’t afford to be going for a second “proven player” at WR.  He’s either drafting or going for guys he thinks can make a jump.

And I thought most folks thought Beane had finally done significant moves on OL

Now should Beane have done some cap manipulations to bring in someone better in FA or put a little more draft capital into it sure.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.